Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 12, 2012
Once again Crystal has taken something that is overwhelming and puts it into steps that can be accomplished. Each of her steps can be completed in a short time and build onto the next step. I have completed the first three steps and I already feel that I have a control over Christmas even with a busy schedule of work, school, and children. I have been able to narrow my list down and keep my budget under control (which is something I struggle with). I recommend this book to anyone that is struggling with Christmas or just needs a few ideas.
on November 21, 2012
The book description says it has information on freezer cooking, inexpensive Christmas gifts, recipes etc. What is actually has is a large number of links to the a number of websites, including the authors'. There are no actual recipes in the ebook, just links to recipes on websites that are incredibly difficult to read on my Kindle. There are no instructions for any of the crafts, just links to websites. I double checked the description of the kindle book and while it says there are links, it doesn't say that the links are the ONLY way to get the craft instructions, master grocery list or recipes. I am very disappointed and will be contacting amazon.com to request a refund on this purchase.
on November 13, 2012
There were so many great tips and links in Crystal's book it made me think "Why didn't I think of that?".

Christmas for our family is about spending time together and creating memories and Crystal's book reiterates that and gave us new ideas for family traditions!

Loved it!!! Great Job Crystal!
on November 12, 2012
The Christmas season is often a blur, filled with a great deal of planning, executing, attending parties, shopping for gifts, and giving of your time, money, & self. Celebrating & Savoring is a great reminder for us to take a step back and reprioritize the things we do so that the true meaning of Christmas once again takes center stage.
on November 12, 2012
Crystal Paine's latest book is a godsend for me and my family. It came just at the moment I thought my head might spin right off of my body from the overwhelming since of stress that is the upcoming holiday season. Reading her book made me take a step back, reevaluate what is important and what is unnecessary. All the extravagant decorating and overabundance of gifts means nothing if I am too overwhelmed to enjoy any of it. Starting my planning and budgeting for everything Christmas related has taken a huge weight off my shoulders! Thanks again for a great useful read MSM!
on November 29, 2012
As with all of Crystal's books, I really enjoyed this read, and found it practical and relevant to my daily life. I got some great ideas for celebrating Christmas with this book, and my family and I have already been incorporating many of these suggestions into our Christmas celebrations this year. For example, Crystal recommended doing all of the "Black Friday" shopping online, to be with family and avoid the stress of the crowds. I took this advice for the first time ever, and my shopping was totally complete and under budget by November 28. That will free up a lot of time and stress for the next few weeks. I highly recommend this read, and I think that you will find something useful in it too!
on November 12, 2012
Do you normally have a crazy chaotic holiday season and feel like you miss the true meaning? I recently had the opportunity to read the latest e-book from one of my favorite bloggers, Crystal Paine, before it's release. Celebrating and Savoring a Simple Christmas is one of those books that really helps you focus on what's important for you this time of year. From organizing your gift list and planning your budget to helping your children learn grace and giving this time of year, this book gives simple tips and action steps to walk you through each step. Crystal breaks each step down into manageable tasks while giving examples of crafts and decor items throughout each chapter. This is a book that I plan to refer back to throughout the season as I work on each step in my planning/ holiday organizing and decorating.
on November 13, 2012
This book has a great overview of the holiday season's requirements....and how they can fit or even be simplified. It is my no means a complete text, it is a short, to the point read that leaves the reader with a great starting point and a few action plans to get started.It covers, gift giving, decorating, charity, cleaning, cleaning in a hurry, dealing and avoiding childhood meltdows. For those that are concerned, there are no religious themes in the book. A boon for some and an omission for others, but it stays on point of a secular holiday with respect, charity and giving in mind. I would have loved to read more about a no money Christmas that she touches on, referring to the "law school " days, but the book is chock full of info and tips. Some great links to other sites as well prove to be a wealth of information. As per her style Crystal has action points at the end of each chapter to help focus the reader into actions that reflect the lessons learned. A great little read, with some review on old true and tested ideas and some new ones as well. It left me thinking on how I can change and evolve my holiday strategies, and some new fun ideas to add to them as well.
on November 30, 2012
I absolutely love this ebook, I couldn't put it down! As someone who holds herself to a standard of expectation that often leaves me frustrated, I found it so refreshing to read about simplifying the Christmas season. Crystal Paine is so easy to relate to. I love how she is honest about her experieces/decisions to do or not do certain things, without forcing them on the reader. She provides insight to what a simple Christmas looks like, while also allowing for personal, practical application. This was a blessing to me this year, and I know it will speak to many!
on November 13, 2012
I wish I had the time to ENJOY the holiday season, not just make it through flying by the seat of my pants and dragging my family along for the ride!

Crystal Paine has just released a lovely ebook to help us - mostly me! - get the holidays under control! Celebrating and Savoring a Simple Christmas contains a wealth of tips and tricks to make this Christmas more organized and enjoyable for your whole family!

The beauty of this ebook is that Crystal walks the reader through simplifying many different stressful parts of the holiday season, including budgeting, gift wrapping, decorating, cleaning, and cooking.

My favorite parts of Celebrating and Savoring a Simple Christmas...

*The book starts off with a section on budgeting. Do NOT go into the holidays without a budget. It. Is. Dangerous. Crystal's tips will help you make sure you don't overspend this Christmas.

*I love the ideas for gifts that won't break the bank! I enjoy making and giving unique gifts and Crystal gave me a bunch of new ideas for this year!

*The "Freezer Cooking for the Holidays" section is genius. Having food prepared ahead of time for special events makes those special events so much more fun! I'm definitely trying the make-ahead scone dough - we LOVE scones around here!

*Each chapter ends with a "Let's Get Practical" section with action steps for you to take. Crystal knows how to get you moving on what you just read!

I will be referring to this ebook daily as Christmas approaches, reminding myself to plan ahead and slow down to really savor this special time with family and friends!