Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 12, 1997
When I received "Celebrations, Italian Style", I was so very overwhelmed with fond and wonderful memories of my mother. The explanations of the special holidays/celebrations were exactly as I remembered them as a child growing up. These recipes produce the same mouth-watering aromas that used to fill the whole house. You knew the minute you approached the house that Mama was cooking up something special. Each time I prepare one of these recipes, I feel my mother is right there beside me. When I read this book I am completely absorbed by the foods, the smells and the traditions that I hope to pass on to my own children. I highly recommend this book to anyone wishing to be taken back to recapture their favorite Italian memories. Enjoy!!
on November 25, 1997
Mary Ann Esposito has dotted her collection of Italian-American recipes with stories from her childhood, reminding me of my own family's history. These recipes are practical, requiring easily found ingredients, written in an explanatory style. There are many little "hints" to turning out the dish in fine style, serving suggestions, new ways to incorporate Italian cooking methods into everyday meals. The Torta Nuziale (Wedding Cake) is a masterpiece! Buttermilk, almond oil, hazelnuts, coconut combine to create a dense cake that will become a family favorite. The cream cheese icing is easy and tasty. Sra. Esposito has given us a handbook of Italian-American cooking, spiced with her personal stories. It is a combination that makes for good reading.
on April 17, 2015
Fantastic book.I've taken this out at the library numerous times and had to have my own copy.If you have Sicilian or Italian ancestry,this cookbook is a MUST.These are the traditional recipes we all know and love.This is a MUST have.
on October 2, 2013
I bought this for the 2nd time because I gave the first one away to an interested cooking friend and I missed this book a LOT! Mary Ann's recipes/books never fail to inspire and are always dependable, reliable and thoroughly Italian. I particularly loved the recipe for the cheese bread which my family makes at Easter. Thank you for another good cookbook,Mary Ann.
on January 11, 2007
The best cookbook ever! My favorite cookbook by far and each recipe in here is delicious, (i've tried just about all of them!). highly reccommend it, and now purchase this book for everyone I know who enjoys Italian food and cooking!
on April 27, 2011
It's probably been 20 years ago or more since I first caught Maryann's Ciao Italia on PBS. Her persona on that show came through as calm, sincere, simple, competent, quietly confident - exactly the type of person I'd want with me on a kitchen hell and back. I enjoy reading the intros to Maryann's recipes, plus there are a few sweet short stories in the book. Seriously, they'd make nice bedtime stories, and the kids could remember that you read to them out of a cookbook - how wacky is that?!. My husband and sons aren't all that interested in food, so I haven't cooked up a storm out of this book, but they enjoy M.'s wedding soup recipe immensely.
on December 8, 2012
This is a great book. Many great authentically Italian recipes. I even made the cookie cake on the front cover, Lovely for a wedding or special event. Beautiful photos. Lovely family stories I had bought this book years ago but loaned it out and never got it back (of course). I was very happy to find it again on amazon for a very cheap price. Recieved in very good condition. Italians know how to entertain. You will love this book. Just add a copy of Mob Hits 1 or 2 and you will have a great day cooking wonderful food.
on January 6, 2014
I purchased this as a Christmas gift,but I have used mine for many years. Mary Ann is interested in the History of Holiday traditions, so this is more than just a Recipe book. Her good friend and illustrater of the famous childrens book Strega Nonna, Tomie de Paola did the wonderful illustrations, and each recipe tells a story. Great Holiday gift.
on March 25, 2012
If you like Maryann and her style, you will love this one. lots of hard to find italian recipes for cookies and pastries.
on January 23, 2010
I enjoyed the book except that living in a small midwestern town a number of ingredients are not available to me.