5.0 out of 5 stars a very definite five stars!
Welcome to heaven, Judy.
Yes, you have arrived.
What?
You are asleep now, thanks to Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea.
But I don't remember going to sleep.
My point exactly. That's why I call it heaven.
But who are you?
I am Sleepytime Judy and I am asleep.

What welcome relief, knowing there is a pleasant, calming...
Published on February 15, 2008 by Judy K. Polhemus

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: In rare cases this tea can cause cardiac conditions
This review is from my husband who is hijacking my account to write this review.

I've been using this product for approximately 6 months. Initially I was using one single tea bag. But I wanted to increase my water intake at bedtime, so I started using a 24 oz cup and figured that I might as well throw another tea bag in.
Fast forward 4 months and I have...
Published 15 months ago by Set Sail Marine

5.0 out of 5 stars a very definite five stars!, February 15, 2008
This review is from: Celestial Seasonings Herb Tea, Sleepytime, 20-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
Welcome to heaven, Judy.
Yes, you have arrived.
What?
You are asleep now, thanks to Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea.
But I don't remember going to sleep.
My point exactly. That's why I call it heaven.
But who are you?
I am Sleepytime Judy and I am asleep.

What welcome relief, knowing there is a pleasant, calming antidote to the stresses of a relentlessly busy mind that sometimes refuses to shut down. Just walk to the kitchen, put the kettle on, pull out a Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime teabag, place in a favorite cup--mine is a slender version of a Blue Willow cup, pour on water at just the boiling point, and wait for the tea to steep.

Meanwhile, pick up the box--how many times now--and read the the words.
"100% Natural Herb Tea, Caffeine Free."
"a comforting blend of chamomile and spearmint creates a lullaby of tender flavor to soothe your senses..."
"...it lets you curl up under a quilt of flavor and quiet the tensions of your world..."
'The sweetest way I think of you is when the day is done.' Emily Dickinson
Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries, and rosebuds.

But before I take my cup back to bed, I look at the last panel of the box. There's papa bear asleep in his cozy chair in front of the fire, Mama is carrying the baby and holding the hand of another, taking them to bed. Through an open door one can see two little bears already asleep in their bed. All in all, a cozy room of happiness and warmth and the promise of sleep.

I sip my cup of Sleepytime tea quickly, almost gulping. I have learned that if I sip my usual slow sipping, I will fall asleep only halfway finished. That is how efficacious the tea... really... is.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bedtime tea or tea for car or motion sickness!, December 20, 2010
I have been purchasing and drinking this tea for years.In fact since Mo Siegel used to advertise it on TV..now that is a long time ago. It really helps calm frazzled adults as well as hyper children before bed. But what is more share worthy is the fact that it is a great tea for children that suffer from motion sickness.
Our oldest daughter used to be car sick all the time. We carried an endless supply of "baggies" for her as she would 8 out of 10 times relieve herself when commuting back and forth to school.
We discovered that this tea, given 20 minutes before the ride and every hour or so on long family trips curtailed her horrid events completely. The main ingredient is chamomile and it really helps relieve motion sickness and soothe frazzled nerves.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does help me sleep, August 29, 2013
J. Lai "JL" ("Silicone" Valley) - See all my reviews
I toss and turn all night almost every single night, but eversince I started drinking this tea, I actually fall asleep within an hour and stay asleep. Highly recommended for anyone who has trouble sleeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for people how have sleeping problems..., July 28, 2013
I have been having a cup of Sleepytime tea (seems like without fail) for the past several years at night before I turn off the light to sleep.

I have suffered with insomnia for over 20 years now and have tried everything. A friend of mine suggested trying this tea and the other version of it called Sleepytime Extra. I did for one whole month without fail- (the 'original' one & I do like the 'Extra' as well.).

Anyone who has ever experienced insomnia knows that having a 'nightly ritual' before bed such as reading- having the room temperature a certain degree or adding a cup of tea etc... Helps us get on a 'sleep schedule.'

Since it seems like I have tried and done all of the above and more- I would highly recommend this tea to not just insomniacs but to anyone really who might just want to relax after a long day...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., January 1, 2013
I bought these to go into my keurig coffee maker. The tea is good and the coffee maker works just as well when you place the tea bag into the area instead of the keurig cups.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favorite Year after Year, January 6, 2012
Jack Donachy (Point Hope, Alaska) - See all my reviews
We make most of our tea from loose leaf in a press pot. Sleepytime is the lone exception. We've been drinking this tea for many years now and it still rates among our very favorites. It's the perfect blend of camomile and mint. And you gotta love the bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, calming, allows you to relax and rest., March 23, 2011
Tea has a great flavor - almost what I'd call 'spearmint' flavor which is great with honey or sugar with or without cream. I drink it hot and if it does cool, it's still good. It does help me relax and go to sleep when I've had a long day. My grandchildren love the flavor and we often share a pot of tea as it is perfectly safe for them. Celestial Seasoning Teas are great teas always but Sleepytime is one of their classics! I'd recommend this tea to anyone, as out of all of Celestial Seasonings teas, this is probably ranks as close to number one on my list of favorites. And I do have a lot of their tea in my pantry -- my son swears I must own stock in it, LOL. If you like tea, try it, I really think you'll be glad you did as I feel Sleepytime truly is one of their best teas. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tradition, April 3, 2007
at it's best. I have been drinking this tea since high school and the flavor has not wavered. I've tried plain chamomile and it didn't make the cut. Nothing beats a cup or two of Sleepy Time before bed as it calms the nerves and settles the tummy. What a perfect way to drift off into slumber !

5.0 out of 5 stars The classic!, March 17, 2006
Sleepytime is a popular tea that has been around a long time due to its high quality. The natural flavors and ingredients have made it a required tea for the cupboard of persons interested in healthy eating for the last 30 years! The predominant flavors are of chamomile and spearmint--but the additional ingredients--including rose buds--create a satisfying, complex blend that is very tasty and soothing. Not only is Sleepytime caffeine-free but it contains herbs that are mildly relaxing and healing for the stomach. Drink this lovely tea before bed either with or without honey.

Sleepytime contains chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorne berries and rosebuds. The healing qualities of some the herbs in Sleepytime are listed below, however please note that there is insufficient quantities of each herb to have anything more than a very mild effect. Blackberry leaves, which are soothing to the stomach, contain tannins which provides a tea-like base for the flowery flavors of chamomile and rosebuds. Spearmint is one of the milder mints and is also useful to soothe tummy ache. Chamomile is a wonderful herb that has a relaxing effect; it also can be used to soothe tummy aches, headache, menstrual cramps and is a mild anti-fungal.

Celestial Seasonings gets extra points for their packaging: they utilize 100% natural recycled paperboard in their boxes and they don't package each tea bag individually. Instead they use a system of a waxed paper bag inside the box that stays shut when you fold it. It keeps the bags fresh and utilizes less packaging than individually wrapping each bag. The art they use on each box is beautiful as are the quotes and information they put on every surface.

Quote from the box:

"Ultimately, the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or friendship, is conversation." Oscar Wilde.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product from a tea connoisseur of 25 years!, December 15, 2012
This is great stuff. Love the ingredients and the chamomile is top notch. It is actually more relaxing, so I am able to drink in the evening hours before bed. My wife also gets occasional heart palpitations and this tea helps EVERY time.

Celestial Seasonings Herb Tea, Sleepytime, 20-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
$24.36 $14.97