Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Flavor: Sinus Soother|Size: 20 Count|Change
Price:$4.29+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 16, 2007
I've had difficulty falling asleep since my college days. Once I entered my mid-30's the insomnia became more frequent. Melatonin and valerian pills did not work unless taken at levels that left me with a morning hangover effect. L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP, and GABA were ineffective. I have also tried numerous prescription (sleep is necessary to get through nursing school) and OTC medications that are used to treat insomnia. Most left me with a headache or excessive daytime sleepiness (zombie mode). I first tried Sleepytime Extra (Sleepytime and other chamomile teas do not work for me)about 6 weeks ago, and each time I drink it I become sleepy within 15 minutes. Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra works like a charm! The 25mg of Valerian root works synergistically with the chamomile and tilia estrella. I'm stocking up before the FDA comes down on valerian like it did kava kava. I also recommend 30-60 minutes of sunlight in a.m. hours, because many people are unaware that they have DSPS (Delayed Sleep Phase Insomnia).
33 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2007
I use the regular Sleepytime frequently in the evenings, but on those nights when you need a little something extra, this stuff is amazing. Its very nice when travelling and you are having a hard time sleeping in a strange bed. I don't like taking medications (no Lunestra for me) but with this, don't need to.
on August 16, 2008
for those of you not initiated, valerian tea is the single best herbal soporific out there. camomile? not even close. some custom blend of liquorish root, peppermint, ginger and rosehips? don't make me laugh. this stuff puts you to sleep like the nyquil of the plant kingdom, but you wake up fresh and without that 'who did something in my mouth' feeling. the problem is that valerian root, by itself, smells and tastes horrible. i mean, actively foul. like it probably wards off mosqitoes and bears and camels and all, y'know? so unless you're a hardcore hemp-wearin' organic cotton 100%-recycled composting-toilet earthship hippy, you wants to get your hands on a blend, hear?

the single best valarian blend out there is the 'Sleepytime Extra'. Sleepytime Tea, aka 'Sleepy Opium Bear' (check the picture on the label. it's like Ursus laudenum, you know what I mean?), is a Celestial Seasonings camomile blend tea. it's alright. but some friends introduced me to 'Sleepytime Extra.' with tagline "the valerian makes it extra". that is one mighty fine valerian blend tea. 25mg valerian, nicely formulated, tastes like a bit thicker, richer and slightly sweeter camomile. nice.

we are going through Sleepy Opium Bear Extra in this house at a rate of knots. 20 bags in a box means a box every two weeks at best, since we both skip some nights because we're scared we getting addicted. (stay tuned.) but we were down to three bags, and frankly i don't trust my housemate jenn not to substitute in some regular ol' tension-tamin' no-extra camo-minty junk without telling me, because that's the kinda person she is.

buy this stuff. it will change your bedtime experience.
1111 comments| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2006
This product is a great evening tea to help you relax and gently eases you too sleep. Before this I was taking harsh medicines like Tylenol PM's and such and always woke up feeling worse than before I went to bed! Not with the tea! Let me clarify, it will not knock you out, but just help to relax you.
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2013
I still want to be sceptical about this tea, but as a long sufferer of snoring, sleep apnea, restfulness and teeth grinding, this has been almost a minor miracle. A friend gave me some to try and it seemed to work. I bought some for myself and have had 10 straight good nights of sleep - more than I get in a year typically. Even though this is a poor season for me with the gas heat kicking on, my sinuses stay clear and I have a wonderful night of sleep. I am not sure if this would work for everyone, but if you have issues with sinuses, snoring or restlessness at night, at this price I think it is worth a try.
on May 6, 2013
Just as the title says. It helps induce sleep and clears sinus and soothe throat. My husband drinks a cup almost every evening.
on April 10, 2016
I have bad allergies, especially at night, so I decided to give this tea a try. I feel that it helps me when I'm stuffed up & also tastes really good. If you love Celestial Seasoning & like their health related teas (Sleepytime tea, etc) then you should give this a try!
on May 6, 2014
This tea is a lifesaver. It helps me get to sleep and calms my anxiety - I'm in law school so I'm very stressed and this helps, along with yoga, to ease my stress so that I can sleep.
on April 27, 2015
I buy this for my wife. After some major surgery, she was having trouble sleeping through the night. Now she drinks a cup or two in the evening and it's "Good night Irene"!
on January 16, 2015
I love Celestial Seaonsings, that is why I wanted to try this tea. I just thought at best it would be yummy and make me relax. Well I was surprised. After 4 months of serious sinus allergies that then became an infection and now remains a constant annoyance I am learning to deal with, this helped. I wasn't sure how but it worked. It helped to relax me, and seemed to dry up my yucky draining mucus, for me it made my sinuses much more bearable at night and helped me sleep happily, finally. Great taste, great price and fast shipping.