Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 13, 2014
I purchased the Celestron telescope and wasn't aware the accessory kit was separate. Instead of returning the telescope, I purchased the kit because the telescope is good, its even better when using this kit.
on January 8, 2014
I like the extra lenses. They're nice for adding some variety to the viewing options on your 'scope. The site, however is completely useless. I spent about 25 minutes fiddling with it after it was mounted (which was a snap). I never got the cross hairs adjusted to where they would be useful for aiming. I took it off and won't be mounting it again.
on May 22, 2014
I'm able to get a somewhat clear picture from the lenses, but planets like Saturn and Mars are hard to get a good grasp on because there is always a light flare that seems to get in the way of my vision. The moon looks amazing, but I want to see more then just that. If you want something legit, then go for something else as this is for very basic astronomy.
on February 27, 2014
The extra lenses, moon filter, spotting scope and CD are a wonderful upgrade to the FirstScope Telescope. Considering the minimal cost of this additional package, I found it unbeatable.
on February 17, 2015
Although my (Celestron COSMOS FirstScope) telescope came with a finderscope, I am happy to have a couple of more eyepieces giving me a better (more detailed) view of the planets. Okay, not a lot since I am using a very basic telescope. Also, having the moon filter has made a big difference in seeing the craters and more details of the surface of the moon. Plus, the information on the CD has been helpful for a novice as myself.

Overall, for the small price, I am very happy to have these accessories available for "star gazing" for many years to come.
on September 4, 2014
the eyepiece is ok, still plastic but does have cross hairs to align it. the software disk is a must have, shows more than I expected! Buy this just for the software you won't be disapointed. One can track the stars and ID them at the same time also has and displays the planets names and where to find them in the sky.
on November 13, 2013
I never used a Telescope before. I am entirely new to these stuffs. But i was very much interested as a Amature person and wanted to buy a telescope that is very basic and cheap.Because i dont want to waste money if incase i dont know how to use it. I got the Celestron 21024 FirstScope Telescope without the accessary kit. It was so friendly and easy to use. I mounted it on a flat surface tilted it to face the sky. Thats all i know on how to use it. Initally I coudnt see any thing through the lense.As i move it over the sky in different angles i could see nothing except for some kind of light spot fading and glowing. I thought i could see the stars and galaxies (lol) :-) . But it was totally blur. Then i pointed towards the moon .With repeated correction and focusing i could see the moon close enough that i could see the moons surface ...wow...amazing. I am a astronomer now !!!
on January 17, 2014
The kit is SUPER easy to install and the optics are good for the price paid for an entry level kit for a kid. I gave it 3 stars simply because it's not super optics, but very good for it's intended purpose. I would recommend it to accompany the FirstScope telescope.
on December 14, 2013
The Backyard Astronomer's Guide is great and with good value. The Celestron Star Pointer is just what I needed and delivered punctually.
on November 20, 2013
I should have ordered this with the scope. It makes watching more fun and transporting the scope is so much easier