5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter telescope
I am pleasantly surprised by the telescope I got for the price. It was intended for casual observing and I am getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. It has all the accessories needed for viewing. High powered eyepiece, low powered eyepiece, adjustable tripod (stable for this size) and fine adjustment control for easy panning. I have shopped telescopes before and noticed...
Published on October 14, 2004 by CBSA

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from this scope
This is a good example of the kind of scope astronomers warn beginners away from.

The first red flag is the ridiculously high advertised magnification of "600x." Do you know what you will see at 600x in this scope? Nothing but a dim blur. Note that the objective (main) lens is 60mm. All telescope optics have inherent limitations; maximum useful magnification...
Published on December 30, 2006 by Doug Rice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My boy loved it!!, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
Purchased for my eight-year old last year for his birthday. Obviously, I didn't want to spend too much, in case he knocked it over or something. For the price, the clarity is AMAZING!! We were able to see quite a few stars and a planet or two in our own backyard. Now, we just have to wait for some clear nights! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD BEGINNER'S TELESCOPE, July 20, 2011
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
This is indeed a good beginner's telescope in the range of 50 to 70 mm aperture; it is easy to use;great for children; dont expect too much ,compared to bigger reflector or mirror telescopes.
The price is right for this type of instruments.I am pleased that it has a metal tube instead of plastic ones and comes with two eye-pieces. The tripod is okay---I weigh it heavier with a stone kept on the accoessory tray in the middle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, January 6, 2013
Mini Ron (Seattle, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
Easy to put together with quite nice quality pieces and with a good price. Works well too, now I can watch ships pass by our waterfront farmhouse. I have not tried to watch the sky yet, current weather is mostly cloudy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working properly, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
I have tried several times to get a clear view or just focusing. However, this has not occurred.

Product not working properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value for beginner telescope, July 28, 2011
Pramila Srinivasan (San Jose, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
I bought this telescope in spite of some negative comments here for the features of this telescope which is meant for beginners. Firstly the Alt-azimuth mounting is easy to use and this telescope is easy to assemble and easy to carry to the backyard deck for viewing. The optical quality is excellent ,though the mechanical mounting could be improved. For a beginner or high school kid,this is a good investment..I could observe some double stars in CYGNUS constellation without any difficulty in Pleasanton,CA.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work at night??, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
It was an easy assemble process and I have used it during the day and it works just fine but for some reason (manufacture error or my own) at night you cant see a thing weither the sky is totally clear or not. Since the sole purpose of purchasing this product was to look at stars and planets I consider this a waste of money...

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost like being there, June 8, 2008
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
I bought this telescope for my husband for Father's Day, but ended up giving it to him early. He was always out on the back porch looking at the night sky. After receiving this telescope, I'm not sure he even comes in at night anymore. He loves it.Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter telescope - Jupiter and Saturn views, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
The moon is very clear, craters, mountain ranges etc. But what is really cool is that I can see two cloud bands on Jupiter along with its four Galilean moons. I can also see Saturn and its rings. They are very small and since the aperture is not very big you have to re-aim the telescope as the earth rotates, and your not going to see deep space objects, but come on. For $70 or whatever it costs now, it is totally worth it. The 4mm eyepiece is tricky to use and kind of blurry and I have not been able to get an image in the barlow lens but the 20mm eyepiece works just fine. I'm tempted to get the 8mm - 24mm zoom eyepiece to go with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible beginner telescope, February 17, 2010
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
This is a horrible beginner telescope. I guess this is why the price was so cheap. We got it for our 11 year old daughter for Christmas and she was so disappointed with it. We could not even see the moon with it. We followed all the instructions and could not spot a single object. What a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope (Electronics)
An excellent Telescope for this price, has a very good optic, and is very sturdy and elegant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›