5.0 out of 5 stars amazing
This microscope was everything I had hoped for. With the LCD screen my six year old grandson can use it with ease. The prepared slides were great, and after a nose bleed we were even able to see individual blood cells. I would recommend this microscope to anyone, simply awsome
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item, lacking adequate lighting
Works great, pictures are good quality. You may find the led lights to be quite inadequate though. I just use my light from my phone to assist.
Published 4 months ago by Timothypaul26

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Celestron 44341 LCD Digital Microscope II (Black) (Electronics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item, lacking adequate lighting, September 4, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Some limitations but cool and great for the price., December 31, 2014
Great for the price. No fine adjustment but that would only be an issue at very high power. There are fine movement controls for the slides. You have several magnifications digitally on the monitor at every lens power. Screen is clear. There are 2 light sources one from the top one from the bottom.
The monitor controls are awkward in terms of saving a picture or a movie or viewing something saved as some buttons have dual purposes. It connects via usb to a computer but I havent figured out how to view it yet. Probably just need to find the SD card. The instructions are poorly written. 5 sample slides are included but no blank slides at all. You need to buy some slides and cover plates. I returned the first one because the monitor had become off the base and the second one was good but the 1 G D card did not work so I just bought a new one. That is probably a rare occurrence. Be careful when unpacking it. Has a very nice case. Overall it is pretty cool.

3.0 out of 5 stars images aren't very bright, no fine adjustment, good lcd screen, September 18, 2013
I haven't used it enough to give a thorough review. I didn't notice before I bought it that this microscope doesn't have a fine point adjustment knob, which makes getting a clear image of cellular level stuff pretty difficult. The light source is a little weak, so (so far anyway) it seems that most samples appear rather dark. I still need to play around with it, try some other samples like blood and other tissues... but, it works. The luxury of not needing to stare through a scope and take snapshots and video is nice. For the price, can't complaign.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every marine aquarist needs one of these, October 13, 2014
Makes checking my copepod colonies easy and exciting. Good resolution and easy to use. Good product for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars broken, December 11, 2014
Didn't work when I received it, sent it back. I was very disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STAR!!, May 14, 2014
Great microscope for the price, and was really easy to use, also great for taking places all around the world.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for., June 16, 2014
I had to return it twice. The first time the slide table was missing a screw and it just leaned over. The second one they sent me was out of alignment and no picture was view able with the 40x. I just returned it and got a different one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of Celestron 44341, November 24, 2013
Very economical microscope and can get the job done. However, if you are using it to look at brain tissue, it won't be great, but it will be useable.