Questions & Answers
Celestron SkyMaster 20x80 Binoculars
by Celestron
4.1 out of 5 stars (191)
$105.71
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 questions
vote
Thanks for your question! Unfortunately Amazon Free shipping only applies to delivery within the US. You can read more about Amazon Free shipping here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=mk_sss_dp_1?ie=UTF8&pop-up=1&nodeId=527692 I hope this helps!
Jan 7, 2014 by Rahma D.  AMAZON OFFICIAL 
votes
You will need the tripod, but "too strong" is a relative term and depends on what you want to see. These binoculars should make it possible to identify people's faces at a half a mile.
May 31, 2013 by Dennis R. Winters
votes
You could probably see a plane but I doubt you could make out people. 20x80 sounds impressive but I liked my 10x50 much better for daylight viewing. A lot more portable.
May 12, 2013 by Todd L Mathews
votes
I bought a tripod setup made by Orion. Not cheap, but it is a really nice addition to give the SkyMaster more functionability. Here is the link for what I purchased http://www.optcorp.com/or-5379-paragon-plus-binocular-mount-with-tripod.html
4 days ago by B. Da
votes
The answer is NO! You can buy solar filters for the objective lenses, but not for the eyepieces.
Aug 24, 2014 by KBP
votes
Similar to a low power telescope. Works well at being able to spot general moon features or the Andromeda Galaxy. Just be prepared to put it on a sturdy tripod for celestial viewing.
Oct 31, 2014 by Tom
votes
That really depends on what you are going to use them for. I bought the Orion Paragon-Plus XHD Extra Heavy-Duty Tripod Stand for Binoculars (Black) for my set. I originally got the binoculars for checking out the moon and some entry level astronomy. But I mostly use them for bird watching on the pond in my backyard. That tripod works pretty well for both - much better for the birds than planets.
Aug 6, 2014 by Butters
votes
Ashley, I bought these to study the moon, so the short answer to you question is 240,000 miles. Keep in mind that these binoculars are designed to be mounted on a tripod of some sort. They are a little too heavy to be hand-held. Since they have 20-power magnification, any vibration or movement of your body is transmitted to the image. A great pair of binoculars overall!
Jul 28, 2014 by James Hill
votes
I attach the lense covers and then put back in carrying case standing up with the eye pieces on the top
Jun 22, 2014 by irving bond
votes
They would rival any spotting scope. Keep in mind it is only 20 times magnification. Reading games from that distance would likely require higher magnification.
Jun 13, 2014 by Tom
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers