Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2013
I have another (NIKON) 10X50 for hunting, but the 12X70 Celestron is even more useful. The additional size has not been a
problem for me. The 70mm objective is very helpful in low light situations. Price is a true bargain.
on April 4, 2014
I received the binoculars in only 3 days with standard shipping!
They work great and are made of very high quality materials. The operation of the focus and adjustments is very sturdy.
Comes with bag that has very good strap and the separate strap for the binocular is also a very good nylon strap with shoulder pad.. I say this because I have read reviews of other binoculars (not Celestron) that have commented on cheap cases with cheap straps... you will be very impressed with this one's.
For me the binoculars are not too heavy, but certainly not small light ones that you would feel comfortable using for hiking and such although I did take them on a drive through the Blue Ridge.
They are big... long but this works well for start gazing specially using a tripod.
The included tripod adapter works well and is also high quality.
Also comes with front and rear lens covers.
The light gathering is much better than the old 7x35 I was using... there is no comparison... best binocs I have owned.
ONLY 2 ISSUES... 1st is the front lens covers do not fit tight and there is no way to secure them incase they do fall off... they are just loose. And the 2nd mine was missing one of the 2 front lens covers, but Celestron was great in sending a new set (they only come in sets) immediately at no cost.
I have nothing bad to say about these and would definitely buy Celestrons again
on December 2, 2013
I am in my late 70's .WishI bought these 20 years ago when I had enough strength to keep the binoculars steady.. They are heavy for me.When I locate a star my arms shake . Creates a bouncing star. Haven't tried a tripod yet ...but will soon.
on July 19, 2015
recieved these and tried them out imm. i was impressed with the easy focus to a pinpoint ....looking about 500 ft away....what a great bargain ! i bought these for my son who is 8. you cant lose buying these binoculars. for anyone who is delving into astronomy....just buy these. i also have a set of $500+ fuji binoculars....and perhaps they re a bit lighter....and...they re more in focus towards the edges...but these give really amazing performance for this silly price of around $75....come on....wh are you waiting for?....just buy em. not getting anything for this review from amazon or celestron....WHAT A WONDERFUL PRODUCT ! thank you celestron for giving us poorer folks a chance to have a nice quality product that our children can learn from.
on December 22, 2013
I have used my new binoculars to view several celestrial bodies and am very happy with them. No issues over quality or convenience.
Unfortunately - Comet ISON has became a debris field and I cannot see it with my binoculars. Maybe next time!
on August 18, 2015
Nice set of binoculars. They are hand holdable but are a little difficult to hold steady. They do come with a tripod mount but I haven't tried that yet. Excellent optics. Very clear image. I would definitely recommend these. I live in Arizona and we're in the middle of our monsoon season so I've mainly used these during the day to look at hawks flying around. Did look at the moon once. Very nice.
on March 15, 2014
Great range, sharp & bright. Only down side is they are heavy but if you want a pair this size they are going to be heavy. Do yourself a favor, if you order these then order the metal tripod adapter at the same time. The plastic one provided lets the binoculars shake like a bobble head doll on the tripod.
on November 25, 2015
To me, binoculars for stargazing should be one of two things: either small and lightweight, giving viewers a wide-field view of the sky (7x50 or 10x50, for example) or basically like a small telescope with the advantage of having two eyes look at something rather than one (20x80, 25x100, etc.). The Cometron 12x70 is kind of an "in-between" size that isn't all that useful- they're too heavy and have too high of a magnification to use handheld for any length of time, but the magnification and aperture are also too small to see any planetary detail or most deep sky objects. The field of view is also too narrow which, to me, is one of the main reasons to use binoculars. From a technical standpoint they work just fine, and the build quality is surprisingly good for this price range, so I can't really give any less than four stars. But after using them for awhile you're likely to be disappointed as you'll want to gravitate towards something either bigger or smaller.

Either way you'll probably need a tripod for these, which is what I ended up using them on; however, a standard photo tripod is limiting as it will be very difficult to use on an object high up in the sky. To do that, you'll need a parallelogram mount which are super expensive and out of my price range.
on November 16, 2014
This is a good choice for a low price 70mm binoc, but it is somewhat delicate - be careful in its use. On the plus side, at only 3 lbs this can be handheld - just! If you have access to a sturdy tripod, the 15X may be a better choice. For a much better view (at a higher price) consider the 20 X 80 version.
on December 10, 2014
Good product and for the price, you get a lot. My binos had a dust spot inside the eye piece, and I still need to resolve the issue, but for now it will do. Comes with a nice mount for tripod head and is necessary for stability if you want to observe celestial objects. If you're on the fence between beginner's telescope and binoculars, this might not be a bad way to go. You'll still be able to observe Jupiter with its moons and Saturn's rings, but once again, you'll need a decent tripod.