4.0 out of 5 stars works well for roof prism binoculars
Published 22 months ago by R. M. Sills

2.0 out of 5 stars Go for the Barska
Got this one at the same time as the Barska tripod adapter (asin: B000BYH8EQ) and this one is nowhere near as nice as that one (and at least when I grabbed them they were both the same price. This one seems more flimsy, the thumb screw is harder to use, and it seems more flimsy.
Published 4 months ago by Joe

4.0 out of 5 stars works well for roof prism binoculars, March 16, 2013
R. M. Sills (Castro Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celestron 93524 Binocular Tripod Adapter (Black) (Electronics)
The purpose of a binocular tripod adapter is to securely connect binoculars to a camera tripod. The screw on the tripod head goes into the adapter, and a screw on the adapter goes into the threaded hole on the front of the central shaft of the binoculars. An adapter made for traditional (Porro prism) binoculars probably won't work on roof prism binoculars, because the space between roof-prism barrels is much smaller. In order to fit roof prism binoculars, adapters such as this one by Celestron are made with narrow necks.

This adapter works well on my roof prism binoculars. My only complaint is that the attachment between the adapter and the binoculars is a bit loose. If you tap the binoculars, it's easy to shift them inadvertently so that one eyepiece is higher than the other.

Will this adapter fit your binoculars? Most likely, but the answer depends on the design of the binoculars and on the distance between your eyes. Here are some key dimensions:
- narrowest part (near the top) of the vertical neck: 0.110" (2.8 mm)
- diameter of disk just behind screw on adapter: 0.682" (17.3 mm)
- diameter of knob that you turn to tighten the adapter screw: 0.590" (15.0 mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better, April 21, 2014
SCR "SCR" (HICKORY, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I was surprised at the difference this little adaptor made in cutting down the shake you get when viewing at high magnification.
The cheap plastic one that came with my Celestron 25x70 was almost useless. ( check out the utube video for the bino's )
No doubt Celestron new that it would need to be replaced.
That aside this one is metal, solid, and taller ( high enough to get out of the way of the pistol grip head I use ).
Much improved viewing experience and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, January 23, 2013
Secures my Celestron binoculars very nicely to the tripod for evening celestial viewing. All metal construction. No problems to report.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, April 13, 2013
Very sturdy material. Threaded easily into tripod. Mounted 20 x 80 binocs and adapter held them firmly in place. Thanks Celestron!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stops the shake, March 15, 2014
Bob (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of Celestron 71199 Cometron 12x70 binoculars and they came with a plastic tripod adapter. The binoculars shook like a bobble head doll on it. This adapter is solid metal & the extended thumb screw makes it easier to mount than the plastic one provided. I took one star away because I feel there is too little threading to go into the binoculars. I snug my up but am careful to not over tighten for fear of stripping the threads. Also because this is what should come with such a big pair of binoculars.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, May 19, 2012
solid product, does the job, metal construction, works well on my Leupold spotting scope, trust it more than plastic construction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better viewing stability!, December 10, 2013
I bought this for my Father along with binoculars and a tripod, this is a solid metal piece that should be much more sturdy than the plastic adapter his binoculars came with (reviews indicated that the plastic adapter flexed at a simple touch or bump which meant shaky viewing) so I am hoping for better viewing stability, and the delivery was fast. I will follow up IF there is a problem, but at this point very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, November 4, 2013
Daggert (Hawaii, USA) - See all my reviews
I used these on a pair of 10x36 monarchs and that I use for daytime viewing. I didn't even know they were tripod capable until I saw this product and I was not disappointed. I have used this also as a makeshift rest on any flat surface when I don't have a tripod with me with good results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, September 3, 2013
Dave (Marietta, GA) - See all my reviews
Seems well made and gets the job done. Only gripe is that it is hard to tighten down as much as it takes to keep binos completely stable (and that's just on my 8x56 binos; I imagine it's much worse on larger ones). I'm not sure what they could do differently, though, to improve it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Go for the Barska, September 28, 2014
Joe (New York) - See all my reviews

Celestron 93524 Binocular Tripod Adapter (Black)
$15.95 $9.99