Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 19, 2009
They say the best time to look at the moon is when it is a quarter to half. I looked at the moon when it was recently full. It definitely took the direct glare off allowing me to see many features for a longer period of time. Also, the craters around the edges were clear and full of shadowy contrast.
on March 26, 2010
Cheap and gets the job done very well. Would recommend to others looking for this size filter. Images come through clearly and there is nothing to suggest you have a filter on the lens. Clear as day.
This inexpensive moon filter makes looking at the moon a much more enjoyable experience. Consider it "sun glasses" for your telescope. It reduces glare, increases contrast, and makes moon viewing much easier on your eyes, especially a full moon at higher magnification. Light transmission is about 18%.
on November 11, 2011
This was the cheapest moon filter I found on the Internet. The only reasons I knocked off a star are that it has a greenish tint (I don't mind, but some do), the plastic threading feels kind of cheap, and it comes in a little bag instead of a tiny case like my color filters (I'm a little paranoid I'll touch the glass trying to get it out of the bag). None of these are deal-breakers, or even a big deal to me. Once on the eyepiece, it has no noticeable affect on image quality (other than, you know, dimmer and a little greener). It also worked fine on Jupiter.
on December 14, 2012
This works great, but be aware that it is made of plastic, so it has some flaws that you get for saving some cash. Mostly, the problem being the difficulty with plastic threads on the filter, which are hard to thread. I only recommend this if you are a beginner that just wants to get started. It really adds a lot of contrast to the surface of the Moon, and even Jupiter. It makes a bright moon very easy to view.
on June 18, 2012
I order this one over the metal one to save five bucks. I figured I didn't need a great one to look at the moon. But; wish I would have paid the few bucks extra. The plastic threads are uneven, and its very difficult to screw in the the eyepiece evenly. It feels like the whole plastic body was deformed from heat.
Just pay the extra five bucks and get the metal one.
on April 22, 2012
I bought a telescope as a birthday present for a friend, and someone mentioned the need for this filter... GOOD IDEA! If you look at the full moon without this filter, you will see spots when you look away from the telescope. Really. There are less expensive filters out there, so shop around.
on December 13, 2011
This moon filter was inexpensive so I wasn't expecting much. If I were to do it over again I think I would have spent a little more for a better one. Main issue is the body is plastic and the threads were creased from the factory. It still works OK but I don't think it will last long.
on July 17, 2012
Well I pretty much liked it, but it's a bit weird when trying to snap a pic of the moon, but all in all it does help reduce the brightness of the moon, so for $10.00 I think it's good bargain,
on October 23, 2011
Looking at the full moon with a telescope you realize how bright it is. The Celestron moon filter cuts down the glare to help you see more highlights of the moon.