5.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable starters kit
There are few reviews of this product in the net so I'll try to be detailed as possible.

The kit came in with a box and inside the hard shell that stores the items. The plastic hard case seems durable enough and the items insides are protected by a die-cut foam.

The items:

- 2x Power Lens with T-threads
- 80A Blue Planetary...
Published on October 11, 2012 by mrc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but not entirely compatible...
Published on September 11, 2011 by MattM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable starters kit, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit Telescope (Electronics)

The items:

- 2x Power Lens with T-threads
- 80A Blue Planetary Filter
- 25 Red Planetary Filter
- Moon Filter
- 15 mm Kellner Eyepiece
- 6 mm Plössl Eyepiece
- micro fiber cloth

1. 2x Power Lens with T-threads (Cost about 40 USD)

This is probably the same with this product Celestron Universal T-Adapter 1.25in 93640

Good enough for viewing bright objects like the moon and jupiter. I tried all my lens (25 mm and 10 sirius plossl, 15 mm Kellner and 6 mm celestron plossl to viewing the moon and jupiter, the image stays sharp and minimal light loss since the moon was bright.

The Barlow lens itself can be removed and attached to you're individual eyepieces giving you a 1.5x magnification - which is a good feature.

The barlow has a t-threat so you can attached a t-ring for you dslr - another good feature.

For viewing stars and dim object you'll immediately notice that light loss with this 2x barlow. The image starts to get dim and seems like out of focused. 10/22/2012 Although I tried it recently with a 10 mm plossl and I still saw the orion nebula. A gray patch/smoke in the sky. No color but still magnificent =)

2. 80A Blue Planetary Filter and 25 Red Planetary Filter (This propably cost 20 USD)

Good quality filters, this filter is probably the color mostly used. The housing is metal and threaded on both side so it can be attached to another filter to change the color. (adding the red and blue will just yield a darker red =)) I tried the blue with jupiter and it made the white bands blue (it's better for me to just view it without a filter)

3. Moon Filter (Cost 10 USD)
Celestron Telescope Moon Filter - 1-1/4" 94119-A

Housing is plastic and it fits my other eyepieces but has a problem fitting the 15 mm kellner that came with the kit (don't force it to fit the thread will be ruined) You will view a greenish moon with this filter. I'll post a moon video sample soon. I does indeed help in toning down the brightness and increasing the contrast of the moon.

4. 15 mm Kellner Eyepiece
Celestron 15mm 1.25" Telescope Eyepiece w/ Eyeguard

Good midrange eyepiece. I view jupiter with this with a 3x barlow and I saw the bands and 4 moons. If you want a affordable eyepiece go for a kellner. Don't be afraid of kellners they are not bad =)

5. 6 mm Plössl Eyepiece
Celestron 6mm 1.25" Plossl Telescope Eyepiece

One of the reason I bought this kit is this lens. Good quality eyepiece for high power viewing. It's a plossl. When you buy this alone it will cost about 25 USD half of price of the kit alone. I used this with a 3x barlow to view the moon. The FOV is small but the magnification was great. It pushed my 130mm scope to 325X.

6. micro fiber cloth

A plus for cleaning your eyepiece

Overall the kit for me is a great value. If you are starting in astronomy and on a budget this kit is for you. If you buy the items by piece it will cost more than 100 USD.

I've read some comments from astronomy forum that they should not bother to buy this because it's cheap. Well if you're on a budget what's included in this kit is very useful. And as always Amazon is great!

I'll update this review again if I have other eyepieces, barlow and filters to compare it with.

My telescope is the Orion spaceprobe 130st

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but not entirely compatible..., September 11, 2011
This kit is good value for money and is significantly cheaper than buying the components individually. But... despite it being named `Astromaster Accessory kit' it is not fully compatible with all Astromaster scopes. One of the key pieces in this kit is the 2x Power lens. This 2x lens is mounted on a threaded Barlow tube which means that a T-mount ring can be attached to the tube and to that can then be attached an SLR camera. The problem occurs though if you are using an Astromaster 70mm refractor. The documentation that comes with the kit shows the doubling lens/Barlow tube nicely fitted into the focusing tube of an Astromaster 90mm refractor but unfortunately the focusing tube of the Astromaster 70mm refractor is too small for the diameter of the doubling lens (this may not be an issue with the Astromaster Reflectors as they have a different eye piece mount, though it is best to check first). Celestron Support suggest putting the doubling lens/Barlow tube into the `diagonal' (which may have some use for general viewing) though this then makes it impractical for land photography as the image is inconviniently inverted and, even more of a problem, because the camera is then effectively mounted on a lever at right angles to the focusing tube the eyepiece set screws cannot hold the weight of an SLR camera safely. Overall this kit is probably a good investment, the only weak point being the un-stated lack of compatibility with the Astromaster 70mm Refractor.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to any telescope that accepts 1.25" eyepieces, November 22, 2013
Justin Herron "Justin" (Central Alabama, United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for the Celestron Powerseeker 80EQ and it has made a wonderful addition to my scope. All three eyepieces are made with good to great quality. The red and blue filters are medium quality, although the moon filter is plastic it does it's job well. My favorite eyepiece is the 15mm and with the blue filter attached i can see the cloud bands of jupiter as well as the big red storm. The 6mm is made better as it is a standard plossl and it is capable of showing planets and brighter galaxies (Andromeda, M81) very well. Also the 2x barlow is great because is contains the threads that can be used for attaching a dslr camera. For you to do this you will need the correct t-ring for your camera. If you only have a standard digital camera you can find the Celestron or Orion universal camera adaptor here on Amazon. I have seen more detail in the moon with my scope and these eyepieces than i could ever draw in my life. If your about to buy a telescope and are looking for more power and better veiws than this is the kit for you. Although i would not use the 6mm eyepiece with any scope under 60mm; due to light loss from to much power. With the celestron powerseeker 80eq the power of these eyepieces are as follows 15mm-60x, 6mm-150x. You can then double the magnification of both eyepieces with the included 2x barlow. Also the barlow can be used with any other eyepieces you may have that are 1.25". To see how much power these eyepieces will give you for your current telescope or one different than mine you use this formula, focal length divided by the size of the eyepiece. Example, my scope has a focal length of 900 so i take 900 and divide it by 15. If i had to do it over i would still purchase this product. I would recomened this for anyone over the age of 8 for a great way of upgrading your telescope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for beginners and veterans alike, May 24, 2014
I bought this for my Meade DS 2000 series telescope. (it's a 4.5 in reflector with a 1000 mm focal length). I used it to look at Saturn tonight and I was able to visibly see the rings of Saturn. To clarify for everyone, many people have been saying the included 6 mm is too powerful, this is not true. The 6 mm by itself worked fine and I was able to get it in focus. I wasn't able to get it in focus with the Barlow attached, it was just too hard to focus. The Barlow is great and worked with some other Meade lenses I had as well. Great experience thus far. I have no issues with any part of this product. The whole set has worked out great and I am very satisfied with the optics, clarity, and the quality of the build. It's a great set and by far a much cheaper alternative to buying just a Barlow or buying one of the 150 dollar sets. You will always get higher quality when you spend more money and buy each eyepiece separately but as far as bang for your buck it doesn't get much better than this. I would recommend this to anyone with a reflector telescope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally saw Saturn!, May 25, 2013
When I first got my Celestron telescope I was dissappointed I wasn't able to see much, but after buying this I was able to see the ring around Saturn. Can't wait for Jupiter to come back into view!

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for a starter kit, September 24, 2013
David Post (Washington State) - See all my reviews
The 2x Barlow lens is nice to use, but the 6mm lens is going to be difficult to focus. The filters are okay for looking at the full moon, but I have not had much success using them with planets. To qualify my review, this is my first set of lenses which I am using with my first ever telescope. Before getting my telescope I had never used one before, and had never used binoculars for looking at the night sky before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun little kit, May 14, 2014
I bought this as an additional gift for my wife and she loved it. Particularly the moon filter. The case housing the equipment is solid and durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenses to improve my telescope, January 18, 2014
I purchased this accessory kit to allow me greater flexibility in using my new telescope. Have now used new lenses and filters and I am satisfied with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice upgrade for a basic scope, January 17, 2014
Steven D Bromley (Lawrenceville, GA, US) - See all my reviews
Bought this to improve upon the basic 4mm and 20mm that came with the scope (Celestron 90GT). The 15mm is a great addition, it has good eye relief so it works well with glasses. With the moon filter added there was plenty of detail to check out on the moon. Adding the 2x Barlow worked well for Jupiter and it was easier to use in all cases than the 20mm that came with the scope. Haven't tried the T-Ring and camera yet but it's a nice plus to have. The 6mm will have to wait for a trip to a darker area when Saturn is in a good position.

It came down to this or an 8x24 zoom, the T-adapter was ultimately what pushed me this way. With the Barlow added we can get a nice range of magnifications from what we have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, December 30, 2013
The kit looked great (even though I decided to return it in favor of Celestron 8 - 24 mm zoom lens) and customer service was perhaps the best I've ever had.

Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit Telescope