Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Celestron Nature 10x25 Monocular, Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 8, 2014
I wanted a decent monocular, that was easy to carry with good optics. I can't afford a Zeiss or a Leica, but I have had experience with Celestron so I figured what the heck.
I was not disappointed. The optics are clear, the image is bright. Great for use during daylight hours, or early evening just after sunset. I have not had a chance to try star gazing with it yet, but I suspect it would be mediocre at best. Not because the optics are poor, but because the 25mm objective lens is just too small for that use.
The build quality is what I expect from Celestron. Its well made. The rubber armor is easy to hold on too. and the size/weight is good.

So on to the Pro's and Con's...

Pro's:
Good optics, bright and clear, no blurring of the image at the edges of the view.
Well made, nothing rattles or shakes
The rubber armor is nice and make for a good grip
Fairly easy to get a good sharp focus.
I like the twisting eye piece, because I wear glasses.
The eye relief is very good. Even with my glasses on, I can still see the whole view. (if that makes sense)
Came with a rather nice lanyard
The case is sufficient.
Size wise, it fits my hand very well, and is not heavy.

Con's:
The focus ring is very stiff, which is not a real negative, its just something I noticed. It may improve with time.
The finger bumps on the top, specifically the one nearest the objective lens are just a bit much. Again personal taste.
The lanyard hole on the bottom is too near the focus ring and interferes with turning the focus ring from the bottom of the unit. And that's why the unit only got a 4 rather than a 5. The place where you attach the lanyard really annoys me.
I wish it had come with lens caps.

OK I know most of those Con's are a personal taste thing. and don't really effect the performance.

I have not had a chance to test the water or fog proof-ness of it yet, but as long as you don't try diving with it, it should be just fine.
The 10x power is what i was looking for, but please remember that the higher power, the harder it will be to hold the image still with out a tripod or mono pod.

Really though, if you are looking for a good monocular for daytime use, with good optics, you can't go wrong with the Celestron Nature 10x25.

I do recommend it and would purchase another one should anything happen to this one.
on July 18, 2011
This Celestron monocular is great for the backpacker, expedition kayaker or all-around nature watcher. Its small, compact size does not at all limit the features of this product. I have mine lashed to my PFD and use it nealy every time I go expedition kayaking. A few points: Its rugged - This optic is very sturdy and its rubberized housing can take bumps and drops. It's water proof & fog proof - No need to fuss if it rains or you take the occassional splash or a solid dunking. Sharp, clear, & fine-tuned focusing - This thing can zoom into the opposite shore or our local river (1 mile) and gives enough clarity to make out points of interest, birds, you name it. Overall: perfect for the job!
on January 31, 2014
As an amateur astronomer, I was well-acquainted with Celestron's reputation for quality telescopes, and so I was drawn to Celestron when looking for a more portable and waterproof alternative to my excellent (but heavy and unwieldy) 10x50 binoculars. So far, the Celestron monocular has proven an excellent choice. The optics are very good, and while other reviewers are correct about the stiffness of the focusing ring, I consider that to be an asset, because it allows for very fine focusing of the image -- and once focused, it stays focused until you change it! The monocular is very lightweight and hangs so comfortably around my neck that I have to check to see if it is still there! The carrying case comes with a snap to attach it to a belt, but this snap has let go a number of times during hiking, allowing the entire case and monocular to drop to the ground. For this reason I no longer use the case, and put the device in a pocket or hang it around my neck. The 10x lens is probably the maximum allowable for hand-held use, as any shaking of the unit is immediately visible through the lens. Other reviewers have cited this as a negative, but to me, if you want 10x magnification, you better expect to hold it steady! If you know this to be an issue for you, perhaps a 7x or 8x monocular would be a better choice. In conclusion, I have been very satisfied with this monocular and am looking forward to bringing it on paddling trips and on the motor scooter, where its portability will ensure it gets used -- as opposed to the bulky binoculars, which sit in their case in the closet!
on July 1, 2013
I work on the waterfront and purchased this to look at certain things on a ship as it was being pulled into the dock. I have no experience with these types of products, but it does what I bought it for. It is weather proof, seems to be durable, and you can see things in detail if you adjust the focus right, which is not hard. I have looked at the moon with this and if you can keep your hand still enough, you can see craters on the moon. I just use this on occasion to see stuff approx. 100-300 yrds away and it works great. I would recommend this for any beginner that just wants something that is hand held, easy to hold and focus, to look quickly at something. It is a little too big to put in a front shirt pocket and might bulge if put in your pocket , but do able. I keep mine close by in my backpack. The front lens is not flush with front so it would be really hard to scratch the lens, the rubber finger grooves on top make it easy to hold, the eye piece has two options, one option for people who wear glasses and one for people who dont. To focus you just spin the dial around the eye piece. pretty simple.It also comes with a protective soft case that can be worn around neck or shoulder if desired. I am happy with purchase.
on October 3, 2012
I recently received my Celestron Nature 10x25 Monocular, and I couldn't be happier. The optics are great, the magnification is just what I was looking for, and the design is very nice. Images are bright and clear, and just what I'd expect from a telescope manufacturer. It even has a well-designed eye-piece that twists up for those who do not wear glasses, and twists down for those of us who do. You don't have to mess with any folding of the eye-cup, just rotate it right or left for up or down.

I would have given this product 5 stars, except for one thing. The focus ring is VERY stiff. This is not a huge problem if you are using this monocular for relatively stationary objects (I personally bought it for concert viewing, so once my focus is set, I won't have to change it), but if you are focusing on rapidly moving objects, then this could be problematic. I have only used this a few times, so it MIGHT loosen up with further use, but out of the box, it was very tight.

All things considered, this is a great device for a very reasonable price.
on February 8, 2015
Christmas present for watching the birds. Takes a little getting used to using the eyepiece focus and how to hold it comfortably, but has good optics for the yard and the sky. As others mentioned, the focusing ring is a little tight so I try to get it focused first and then do my viewing. A decent range of vision and clear view when in focus. All in all, a great and handy tool for the price!
on July 23, 2013
The optics are clear enough. The focusing ring is of course very stiff. The pop-out eyeguard is nice but is made of plastic and I'm not sure how long it would last. It is just possible to focus out enough for me to use without glasses (nearsighted, -4.25 spherical). I wish it would have come with lens covers like most scopes, but it's easy enough to just put in a nylon bag before it goes in my pocket. I wouldn't recommend using the carrying case as the belt loop on it is attached on one side by a fairly weak button, I can see it falling off easily.

The one I have now apparently has a bad seal and water got inside, which turned to vapor and now the lens is opaque. Celestron has good customer service and is replacing it under warranty. I would recommend putting this molecule in your sink or something when you get it to check the seals, instead of finding out months later like I did.

For molecules in general: you do save a lot of weight and space over binoculars, but you seem to lose all the stereoscopic depth perception, so it's a tradeoff. And as with anything with a one-eye lens, it's helpful to get one of those $3 eye patches from the grocery store so you don't have to try and keep one eye all the way open and the other all the way closed.
on August 29, 2015
This monocular is Great!!! I highly recommend it, I already order a second one for a friend. Great size clear views it's amazing, The focus ring is a bit firm but I'm sure with use it will loosen up, I love this monocular I have 2 pairs of binoculars and a bigger
Monocular and the Celestron is what I reach out to first to look at anything. Highly recommend
on April 3, 2013
This monocular is very hard to focus. I bought this to see the holes in my target at 25 yards and you can't focus this enough to be able to do that. This might be good if your trying to spot a animal but for anything small this doesn't work.
on December 8, 2014
Great for the price! seriously, you can see pretty far. Although, if I could have spent a little bit more for a bit more zoom I would have. But for the price-point I couldn't really argue spending the money. I can see 100m away no problem with great zoom. I wouldnt really recommend this if you wanted to see features close to the horizon. Really good for stuff a couple hundred meters away though. It's pretty small too, fits in my hand almost completely.