5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected
It is exactly as I expected. Decent quality for the money. There is a small field of view because it is such a close view, but what I can see, I can see clearly. I purchased this to get a good view of saturn, and to see a bit closer on the moon. Definately a better view than in my 10mm, and was worth the money. (am using with an 8" reflector)
Published on May 13, 2011 by Anna

2.0 out of 5 stars No Eye Relief
Published on March 31, 2011 by E. Tabor

2.0 out of 5 stars No Eye Relief, March 31, 2011
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
I should have listened to the reviews here! There is no Eye Relief on this. It is almost impossible to get the whole field of view. This 4mm was worse than the extremely cheap 4mm that came with my FirstScope (I don't know how that is possible)! I only used this on terrestrial views and decided it was not a good purchase. I also bought the 9mm Omni which is much much better. Look for that review when skies clear so I can use it for non-terrestrial viewing.

I am returning this item. It sucks I have to eat 25% of the cost on this EP but I found it almost totally useless. I will report back on how the return goes with the seller (Adorama).

Update:

Adorama accepted the return and the refund was quick!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do., December 31, 2012
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
I use it for Saturn. Most astronomy objects will be too dim to see much with this eyepiece. Jupiter is also bright enough. The hole on a 4mm eyepiece is very small. Focal length/ eyepiece mm=mag. Gives about 185x 5"750mm f/6

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's supposed to do., November 22, 2010
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
It does what it is designed to do. It is a 4mm eyepiece of pretty good quality. I bought it for my 4.5" reflector telescope. My scope has a 1000mm focal length, so I was hoping for an awesome 250x magnification. Well I got the 250x magnification, but the image was not very awesome. Yea, I know, I exceeded the recommended magnification for my size scope, but I had to find out for myself. The image through my Celestron 10mm eyepiece that came with the scope is much better, and the Celestron 20mm eyepiece it came with better yet. This eyepiece may be better suited for a larger mirrored scope.
My main issue with this eyepiece is that it is uncomfortable to use. The eye relief is VERY short. I almost have to have my eyeball touching the lens to see the full field of view, and my eye so close that my eyelashes constantly press against the lens and get in the way. Not enjoyable.

2.0 out of 5 stars 4mm eyepiece, July 19, 2010
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
Very tight eye relief. You almost have to place your eye against the lenses to see. Have a hard time focusing this lens with my scope. Should have tried a 6mm or a longer eye relief lens. I use my 10mm more, as I can see and focus easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, May 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
My son loves this as it magnifies his microscope. He can see things in better perspective. He seems very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
Can't believe how well I could see what I couldn't with my 10 mm very impressed I use it with my astroveiw 6 orion ill be buying the 2 mm tonight! Way better an cheaper than my other peices an shipping was fast an free! Very satisfied customer

4.0 out of 5 stars An economy 4 mm eyepiece you can use in any 1.25" eyepiece scope., February 9, 2014
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
i am a satisfied owner of a celestron Omni Series 4 mm eyepiece which I am using in my meade refractor 70 mm scope with a Barlow 2x lens . I was surprised of how much light the 4mm eyepiece picks up with a Barlow 2x lens.
I do admit it's not as clear as a high end lens but serves its purpose well for amature celestial viewing up close.
For lunar viewing I recommend a lunar light filter to enhance view due to brightness of the 4 mm
when combined with a Barlow 2x lens.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK at best, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
Used this eyepiece on my astromaster 130 and my 9.7mm gave a much clearer image. This scope is Ok at best.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK., July 25, 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece (Electronics)
I bought this item for my celestron astromaster 76 eq. It is made up of metal and well built. However,it cannot see venus on it's own (For my telescope that is) and it is too powerful to get a good focus on the moon.

Celestron Omni Series 1-1/4 4MM Eyepiece