Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Celestron PowerSeeker Accessory Kit Telescope
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 28, 2013
I have a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ.The telescope comes standard with a 20mm, 4mm, and a 3x Barlow Lens.While the 20mm works fine, the 4 mm is difficult for some to use, due to the small entry hole.However, combined with the 3x Barlow, the 4mm pushes the 127mm aperture to its absolute limit.
The accessory kit arguably has a better selection of lenses for use with my telescope, as they do not tread so close to the magnification limit of the scope, and are a higher quality lens then the ones included included with the telescope.The blue filter, and the moon are also quite useful as well, but the red filter makes the image very dim, and works better with a larger lens like the 15mm that is included.I live in a small rural town, so I suspect light pollution also plays a role here.
I personally wish I had purchased this kit at the same time as the telescope.The kit is a must have for a beginner starting out with a small aperture Celestron Telescope.The kit even comes with a very nice logo lens clothe.The only complaint I can offer is that these two lenses were not standard with the Powerseeker 127EQ instead of the 20, and 4mm.If you own a 127EQ, you will be surprised at the difference in quality the first time you use the lenses in the kit, and for the crazy low price that they are offered.
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2012
This kit was PERFECT for me! The telescope I bought only came with two eyepieces; a 20mm and a 4mm as well as a 3x Barlow scope. The 4mm is OK alone, but it is like looking through a pinhole. The 9mm and 15mm eyepieces that come in this kit are a perfect medium! The 15mm eyepiece with the 3x Barlow scope on my Telescope gives me almost max useful power on my 700mm focal length 60mm aperature of 140x. Saturn looks amazing and you can see very detailed craters on the moon with the moon filter. You can't beat this price for these eyepieces and filters!
on October 20, 2014
I own a Celestron 114EQ Newtonian Reflector Telescope, this is a GREAT addition to the device.
took some amazing photos of the moon this this set. The Filters are also nice! attached is a photo of the moon using the 15MM with blue lens (photo was taken by carefully placing my phone up to the eye piece)
review image
on March 21, 2013
I got this because of the filters and to increase the choice of eyepieces for my portable telescope (a Celestron 114EQ Powerseeker). I found surprising for the fact that these should be the eyepieces included with the telescope. The field of view of the 15mm compared to the 20mm that came with the telescope is a lot better. It takes a lot more light and is several times better to see nebulas than the telescope provided. Celestron should include these with the beginning telescope packages.
on June 6, 2015
Makes a nice accessory kit for Celestron telescope. Nice complement of lenses and filters to observe the moon (filtered) and planets, especially Saturn and Jupiter. Has fold out eye piece for those of us who wear glasses or even those who do not as the eye cups filter out any side light. Lenses that came with my Celestron scope did not have the rubber eyepiece cups as I had on my larger scope that I gave to my daughter.
on July 26, 2013
Anyone who owns the celestron power seeker refractor will welcome this kit as a suitable upgrade to the eyepieces that came with the scope. These kellner eyepieces have better eyerelief and exit pupil than the supplied eyepieces. If you are an experienced observer than these are probably not for you. You might want a more corrected format. Inspite of that you cannot by an eyepiece kit as cheap as this one that performs this well. Also the kit comes with filters that can be useful to see some planetary details.
on March 14, 2013
For my use this is just what I needed for the price. I'm using it with a Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker. You might say I am an amateur that is getting back into this hobby. If I need something better I will upgrade. This will work great for now.
on May 20, 2014
I am new to astronomy and astrophotography and found this assortment of key items a great buy! It comes with two different eyepieces to change your telescopes magnification. The three filters are a good assortment for viewing most things in our solar system. The moon filter is great since the moon is so bright it always comes out so washed out in photos, the filter corrects for that and brings out all the details much clearer. The carrying case is nice for storage and transport since not every telescope comes with a tray and you don't want these to get banged up with other things. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a well rounded accessory kit to complement your new telescope!
on March 16, 2016
I bought my son the Celeron 127EQ for his birthday. Before I made my purchase, I read a bunch of reviews to help me make my decision of which telescope I was going to buy him. After reading a number of reviews, I found that most of them suggested purchasing this accessory kit along with the telescope. I'm so happy that I decided to listen to the reviews and buy this in addition to the telescope.

The first item that we used in this accessory kit was the moon lens. It has a tint of color on the lens to help better view the moon and all the details. I was completely amazed how different the moon looked when using the lens, a compared to not using the lens. I haven't used the other lens for Saturn our Mars, but if is anything like how it looked with the moon, then it's priceless. it also comes with two additional magnifying lens, and a lens cloth.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this accessory kit for the celestron 127EQ. I attached a picture, but it just doesn't do the actual view justice. We could actually see the craters in the moon....amazing.
review image
on March 28, 2015
Brought this set for my 10 tear old Grandson to use in a 114mm Bushnell Reflector that I got at a second hand store. The scope's tripod needs some repairs but we are working on it.. The kit was ordered on Friday night and was received at my post office box on Tuesday. Amazon said it would arrive on Thursday. So I am very happy with the shipping. I took the scope out to view Venus since it was high in the sky. We live in the mountains at 6,000 ft and do not get Venus popping over the tall pine trees too often. Venus was sharp with both lenses You could also see stars in the background. I then turned my sites on an old friend, Jupiter. Again Very sharp. The three moons that were out were sharp also. I used the 9mm Kellner eyepiece and the #80A blue planetary filter. This brought out 2 of the bands on Jupiter Very nice. My eye site isn't the best but if I can see Jupiter's band, My grandson with his good vision should see a lot more detail.. I would highly recommend this set as a starter kit for anyone just getting into the hobby. The price is right. The quality is good. And you won't cry if you break a lens. They are not Plossl's, but they do the job. Thanks Amazon and Celestron. My Grandson will have many in the backyard enjoying the view of the night sky.