SkyProdigy 130 Computerized Telescope (item #31153)
SkyProdigy 130 Computerized Telescope
Overview SkyProdigy 130 - General Features
SkyProdigy 130 - Computerized Mount Features
- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition Astronomy Software Which Provides Education About the Sky
- Battery Pack Providing over 30 Hours of Power
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required
- Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet
THE SMARTEST TELESCOPE IN THE UNIVERSE!
A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, SkyProdigy is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It's that easy.
The SkyProdigy's automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
Celestron's SkyProdigy telescopes use an integrated imaging camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify the stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two more times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. From this information the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller's database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
*The SkyProdigy's internal camera does not have an external output allowing users to view or save the captured images. The captured images are used internally solely for the purpose of self-aligning the SkyProdigy telescope.
- Optical Design: Reflector
- Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Aperture: 130 mm (5.12 in)
- Focal Length: 650 mm (25.59 in)
- Focal Ratio: 5
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Mount: Motorized Altazimuth
- Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification 1: 26 x
- Eyepiece 2: 9 mm (0.35 in)
- Magnification 2: 72 x
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
- Tripod: Steel
- CD ROM: The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.07 arcsec
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.89 arcsec
- Photographic Resolution: 400 line/mm
- Light Gathering Power: 345 x
- Angular Field of View: 1.9 °
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 103 ft (31.39 m)
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum with SiO2 overcoat
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.7 in (43.18 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 11 %
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 33.2 %
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .5°/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az
- Alignment Procedures: StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align
2-year Telescope Warranty
CELESTRON TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
A. Celestron warrants your telescope to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years. Celestron will repair or replace such product or part thereof which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. As a condition to the obligation of Celestron to repair or replace such product, the product must be returned to Celestron together with proof-of-purchase satisfactory to Celestron.
B. The Proper Return Authorization Number must be obtained from Celestron in advance of return. Call Celestron at (310) 328-9560 to receive the number to be displayed on the outside of your shipping container.
All returns must be accompanied by a written statement setting forth the name, address, and daytime telephone number of the owner, together with a brief description of any claimed defects. Parts or product for which replacement is made shall become the property of Celestron.
The customer shall be responsible for all costs of transportation and insurance, both to and from the factory of Celestron, and shall be required to prepay such costs.
Celestron shall use reasonable efforts to repair or replace any telescope covered by this warranty within thirty days of receipt. In the event repair or replacement shall require more than thirty days, Celestron shall notify the customer accordingly. Celestron reserves the right to replace any product which has been discontinued from its product line with a new product of comparable value and function.
This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty.
CELESTRON DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF CELESTRON UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE COVERED PRODUCT, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH HEREIN. CELESTRON EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LOST PROFITS, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHICH MAY RESULT FROM BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY CELESTRON PRODUCT. ANY WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED AND WHICH CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO A TERM OF TWO YEARS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Celestron reserves the right to modify or discontinue, without prior notice to you, any model or style telescope.
If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your telescope contact:
Customer Service Department
2835 Columbia Street
Torrance, CA 90503
Tel. (310) 328-9560
Fax. (310) 212-5835
Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST
NOTE: This warranty is valid to U.S.A. and Canadian customers who have purchased this product from an authorized Celestron dealer in the U.S.A. or Canada. Warranty outside the U.S.A. and Canada is valid only to customers who purchased from a Celestron's International Distributor or Authorized Celestron Dealer in the specific country. Please contact them for any warranty service.