4.0 out of 5 stars Can You See Me Now!
Hard to figure out what to with it at first.
After I learned how to use all of buttons and focus on it I've had fun with it. Take your time and practice with it.
Published on April 29, 2011 by sissi

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for long distance sports
Published on May 19, 2007 by R. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for long distance sports, May 19, 2007
This review is from: Celestron VistaPix 8x32 2.0 Megapixel Binocular / Digital Camera (Champagne Gold) (Electronics)
I found this Item to be good for Horse races , Baseball games , and things that are a good distance from you but the action will all happen in frame. There is a delay in pushing the button and taking the picture that you have to get used to. timing it , but you can really get some good shots once you get a custome to it. To hope for the best timing on short actions , like a pitch the multi frame function works best. If you are within 100 ft. of were the action is use a digital camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Binoculars, Marginal Camera, August 3, 2010
This "Celestron VistaPix 8x32 2.0 Megapixel Binocular / Digital Camera" has decent optics and is actually a fairly nice set of casual or backup set of binoculars for watching wildlife in the backyard or taking on hikes. The integrated 2mp digital camera is functional and easy to use, but with the low image quality it really is only useful as a way to take "memento" pictures of places and things you saw through the binocular (see sample picture in "Customer Images"). Here are my observations:

Pros -
+ Good Optical Quality; the binoculars are clear and crisp
+ Easy to Use; the LCD menu display is simplistic and easy to navigate
+ Is A Camera; while not fantastic, it DOES have a built in digital camera
+ Takes SD Cards; it does have 8mb of internal memory, but it also takes SD cards

Cons -
- Marginal Image Quality; the 2mp image is only good enough for "reminder" pictures
- Poor Low Light Image Quality; the photos get very grainy in lower light situations
- Plastic Construction; the body is mostly plastic, giving me concerns about the long term durability of the battery compartment door

Misc -
* Comes with a Neck Strap (attached), Software CD (which I didn't need to install), USB Cable (which I didn't use since it takes SD cards), and a protective sleeve
* Takes 2xAAA batteries, not included
* "Hi-Res" pictures are approx 400kb - 500kb in file size (I haven't even tried the "Low-Res" mode)

It should be mentioned that the list price for these is way too much, but they do go on "deep discount" Gold Box sales occasionally (where I got mine).

Recommended, with the above caveats.

CFH

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, October 12, 2010
The website photo clearly shows a LCD viewing screen. This model does not have one.
The camera would not recognize or operate with a standard functioning SD memory card, but instead shut down completely when the card was inserted.
Instructions were confusing at best. They were obviously translated from another language by someone whose native language was not English.

The internal memory of claimed 8mb was able to record only 6 low resolution pictures before full.

The build quality and optics quality extremely low.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can You See Me Now!, April 29, 2011
Hard to figure out what to with it at first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuck, April 10, 2006
I got this item instead of a regular digital camera since I loove photographing nature and wildlife. However, I have had nothing but problems with it and I am sending it back. Beware

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, March 12, 2011
I bought this on a lightning deal. I figured the price was so great that I was not all that worried about the quality.

The optic are clear and provide good visuals. They just don't extend as far as I would like them to. I was hoping for this to be something to use while birding but I'll stick with the binoculars that have been in the family forever. This will become something I let my granddaughter (now 6) use when we are out adventuring.

5.0 out of 5 stars buenisimo, November 13, 2011
el producto cumplio las perspectivas y realmente es magnifico me gusto mucho y mas a quien lo recibio como regalo de verdad que estoy contento y llego exactamente en la fecha senalada

gracias