Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2015
I have the ReTrace Deluxe. It looks like the only software that will work with it is Their own program. You can download it from the Celestron site. I have Windows 7 and had to run in Compatibility Mode to get it to work. The buttons across the top of page (load POI, Save POI, etc...) are blacked out but STILL WORK if you know where to click on the screen. I ran the program first and it would not connect to my ReTrace Deluxe. I then noted where the buttons on the screen are that I needed. I ran in compatibility mode and the program works if you know where to press on the screen to load tracks, etc.... you may use marker to mark your screen when you first run the program to help later...
on January 26, 2013
I bought the reTrace deluxe blue several months ago and decided to start it today. Downloaded the manual and began to follow procedures.
Batteries installed OK.
Turn on OK.
Set time for Eastern instead of GMT and the stuff hit the fan. the instructions are so confusing and incomplete.
I set waypoints and could not return to compass. Followed the manual and it did not respond to the command instructed.
I am waiting for Support to write back...
Maybe I'll call California to get someone to walk me through.
If I cannot make it work I want my money back!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 17, 2013
the battery last a few hours even with lithium that are more expensive, difficult to program and use, display difficult to read if sunny
on December 12, 2011
24 hours after putting in new varta batteries into the new retrace deluxe they were totally empty, although I only did the settings of time, meter and celsius degree and tried (five or six times) to get a satellite signal.(It was +2°Celsius, so not too cold for the batteries!) The acquiring time always was longer than 5 minutes, later in the car it was not able to get any signal, and when at least I got the coordinates of my place, they soon faded away again. Now, maybe because of changing batteries, my settings are gone.
Got no answer when e-mailing on the support internet page of celestron.
No possibility of software download for MAC-users!!!
No use for real outdoor activities with that operation duration and problems of receiving. My rating: 0 Stars
on March 17, 2014
This is a great item for outdoor people. My husband is trying learn how to use it but it seems it won't be a problem
on November 13, 2014
Hard to use
on January 14, 2014
Great item but. When using breadcrumb trail mode, if you run out of battery power or shut off gps you can't save the trail.