5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without it!
Published on September 25, 2010 by MellissaB73

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not use on Kindle Reader
Published on July 4, 2011 by J2014G

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without it!, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Celiac Disease: Safe/Unsafe Food List and Essential Information On Living With A Gluten Free Diet (Paperback)
As a newly diagnosed Celiac, I didn't know where to begin. This book has been a lifesaver for me at grocery stores and restaurants. I haven't even had a chance to read the full book yet, but the middle section that lists pages and pages of ingredients and whether or not they are safe - this is my saving grace! This book is slim and compact and I keep this book in my purse at all times. If you are newly diagnosed, you are probably overwhelmed with the amount of reading and research needed, just as I am. This book is a great place to start, just for that ingredient list alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars you will use it every day !, September 4, 2010
Lots of books on gluten nowadays - I guarantee this will be the one you use day in and day out! Good information, lots of tips, really useful for everybody around the gluten intolerant person too. It's short, sweet, to the point and seriously convenient. For the price of 2 magazines you are buying guaranteed safety that you can carry around with you everywhere, forget "it's a good buy", I'd say it's an outright necessity if you have Celiac

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLECT RESOURCE, February 17, 2011
Thank you to "Gluten Diva" for the info on this book.
this is an extremely helpful book.
Wish I had it when I was first diagnosed!
I will be needed more copies so I can carry
this one in my purse when I go to the store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not use on Kindle Reader, July 4, 2011
Amazon was great to allow me to return the e-book. As a reference book it was not formatted for the Kindle version 3.1 (generation 3) with page numbers. In the text it kept referring to page 24 or notes in the index and I could never find those pages. Using search, it only listed the texts referring to page 24. In addition the lists of ingredients went on forever, which would normally be great, but I could not for the life of me figure out if they were prohibited or not. By chemical names like calcium chloride it was easy to know that did not contain gluten but many other names were mystifying. At the alphabetical end of some lists there were notes of what types of names might have gluten. I bet the paper book is the best buy until someone makes this e-book usable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaqui Karr is a GENIUS !, November 11, 2013

As I grew older, My tummy was growing outward, and eating a roll or a slice of bread would swell my belly like I had swallowed footballs. My Triglycerides were high, and a test for Celiacs was negative at the HMO. I was diagnosed as diabetic, and I felt tired and sluggish all the time. Everything hurt. My brain was foggy. My doctor shrugged, and said "Quit eating bread will lower your triglycerides."

I read Jaqui Karr's book, and followed the dietary suggestions. I immediately lost pounds of belly flab, and gained an inch in height....I could stand straighter. My diffuse pain was gone, and in time, could fit my (40 year old) high school bell bottoms. Even my butt got smaller. I eat food, and not bloat out like a goat belly. Jaqui Karr writes in a clear, concise manner, with easy to follow directions. My triglycerides lowered, and my doctor said I am no longer diabetic. Since then, I have learned that hundreds of maladies can be connected to wheat/gluten consumption. Jaqui's books are life savers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, June 25, 2013
This is a must have if you have celiac. It has a very precise list of what you can and can not eat. It is broken down by each ingredient. I used it a lot when I was first reading labels and was like what is that? Can I have that? This is a great book to always have on hand. I also have The first year: Celiac Disease and I would recommend having this one too since it goes into more detail and shows the emotional side and stress of having this disease, but gives a lot of encouragement with medical information. Both are very good and should be bought together. IF you can only buy one start with this one so you can at least know what you can and cant eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for a Celiac., April 1, 2013
Gives you wonderful tips and, in my opinion, crucial advice on how to be 100% gluten free and how to heal from the damage that it caused you. I am very glad that I found this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Concise, Comprehensive, June 3, 2012
Excellent reference. This is not an all encompassing tome on Celiac Disease. It is essential information distilled into a clear, concise, comprehensive booklet. While no references are cited to back up controversial claims, e.g. corn & rice may not be safe, the author makes the reader aware of these possibilities so that he or she may investigate them further through personal experience and/ or other sources. Highly recommended. Don't leave home without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Blessing!, April 13, 2012
What a true blessing to finally have one resource to take with me when I shop. It is small and portable and goes with me everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars mommas little helper, January 22, 2012
This one book has been the most helpful to Me. This book lets You know what You can eat and what You can not,it makes buying gluten free easy. It is small enough to fit in Your purse when you go food shopping, and You can refer to it before buying.

$12.99 $11.21