Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2009 6:14:08 AM PDT
Some reviewers of The G-Free Diet say there are better books on the subject. What are they? Also I need recommendations regarind a book with recipes. Newly diagnosed.

Posted on May 23, 2009 10:38:16 AM PDT
See book by Dr. Peter Green (he was somehow tricked into writing foreword for Hasselbeck's book but his own book on Celiac is good. Interesting that Dr. Green has not been on any of Hasselbeck's appearances on Fox, etc.?? ). Better yet, if it is recipes you are looking for, try book by a REAL celiac survivor, with LOADS of great, authentic recipes and tips: "Living with Celiac" by Sue Hasset. It is not available (yet) on Amazon but it is available on xlibris.com - search under book name or author name. It is self-published by Sue Hasset and is a real, authentic book packed with great recipes, tips and inspiring tales from Sue's lifelong experience with Celiac Disease. Sue is not a celebrity and didn't write a "diet book" to appeal to the mass market, frshe wrote a book from the heart that really is about "living with celiac". Check it out!

Posted on Jun 3, 2009 11:06:09 AM PDT
Ada Davis says:
Recommended Books:
Celiac Disease, A Hidden Epidemic by Dr. Peter Green, and
Celiac Disease and Living Gluten-Free: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed by Dr. Jules Shepard

Best Recipes: You Won't Believe It's Gluten-Free! by Roben Ryeberg

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2009 4:36:21 PM PDT
ATLshopper says:
Gluten Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide by Shelley Case. I could not live without her book when I was diagnosed! Unlike author of The G-Free Diet, Shelley is actually a gluten-free diet expert! I'll be reviewing her lastest edition next week. You can find my review of The G-Free Diet on Examiner.com, Atlanta Gluten-Free Examiner page. In my review I link to several well respected gluten-free cookbooks as well.

Posted on Jul 10, 2009 8:20:12 PM PDT
Jules Dowler Shepard has wrote an incredible book explaining how to live with Celiac's disease and eat gluten free. She also has a fabulous cookbook "Nearly Normal Cooking". I highly recommend both.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 22, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 10, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide
The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide by Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Hardcover - May 4, 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars (386)