5.0 out of 5 stars A Necessary Resource
Published on March 18, 2006 by D. Teasley

2.0 out of 5 stars Good reference, mediocre text
I purchased this book as a required text for a graduate/undergraduate cell physiology class. I am very ambivalent about it. The positive aspects are that I think it is very well written and the diagrams and figures help to clarify what are frequently complex concepts. The text also seems quite up-to-date and goes into necessary depth on a variety of topics...
Published on April 17, 2012 by anon

5.0 out of 5 stars A Necessary Resource, March 18, 2006
D. Teasley (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Any biology student or aficionado will find that this book is one of his or her most valuable guides and resources. The text is clearly-written and very up-to-date, and the rich illustrations, diagrams, and charts that accompany it are truly second-to-none. Even if you don't need it for a class, find a copy and browse - chances are you'll like it enough to consider buying it for your own reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars cell biology a must, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Cell Biology: With STUDENT CONSULT Access, 2e (Pollard, Cell Biology, with Student Consult Online Access) (Hardcover)
I highly recommed this book highly if you are serious in cell Biology when i received this book i found it awesome for my study in cell Biology

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference for serious biologists, October 25, 2012
I find this book to be an excellent reference for graduate students - I purchase a copy for all my grad students. It is particularly good for serious researchers coming in from other fields who need a clear, detailed, comprehensive crash course in cell biology. It is very up to date and covers material at the level necessary for biomedical researchers and students. I hope they do a 3rd edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Appropriate to Medicine Students, May 21, 2010
For 2 decades I teached Cell Biology. I used Cell Biology's Alberts and Coleagues Book as most important reference book to my Medicine Students. Pollard&Earnshaw's Cell Biology is much complete as Alberts'one; however, it is more complete, and it guide more easy to Medical formation questions. I am very glad to know Pollard&Earnshaw's book and share the content to my students, and to provide better discussions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great eTextbook., January 20, 2013
I needed this book for a class and was excited to get my very first textbook in ebook form, so kudos to them on that since most of my textbooks don't come in e-form, ever. It's cheaper and more convenient than lugging around a giant book. I do have to say I missed the physical form in some cases as the search engine for words was very very slow (though that's probably my Kindle's deal and has nothing to do with the book itself). I studied with a friend who had the physical copy and it's just so easy and familiar flipping through the physical copy rather than trying to search through the eBook, but perhaps that's also an issue of practice. These are things to consider if you're trying to decide between the physical copy or the ecopy. Either way, I liked how it was organized where you could view the figures and pictures separate from the text in a way that made sense. The book itself has great content and describes things very well. I'm glad I had it for cell physiology! I wish the table of contents was a little easier to navigate, though - it's a useful function because you can click on the desired chapter, but there's so many chapters that it was kind of a pain to search through it. I'm sure they could make it a little easier to look through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome class compliment, November 15, 2013
I was actually surprised at how good this textbook was. I knew the reviews for it online were good, but I just didn't expect to find it so helpful, and readable! The pictures, and even the wording in the text was really helpful, and I think it was a fantastic compliment to my cell bio class.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an accurate and full of interesting topics book!, August 23, 2013
This book is well-written about DNA, lipid, mitosis, work and rest potential, protein pumps,... which i am concerning with. It has very illustrative figures, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cell Biology, Pollard, September 23, 2013
excellent book contains detailed information and images to appreciate better all the molecular processes.In general, the quality of the book is exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, June 14, 2013
A good book for BS and for reference in grad school. I recommended because explain some topics with good details and figures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cell Biology Textbook, April 21, 2006
This review is from: Cell Biology (Hardcover)
It is one of the greatest Cell Biology textbooks. Very well written, nice examples and amazing illustrations. I highly recommend it to the graduate and undergrad students.

Two Thumbs Up !!

Cell Biology: With STUDENT CONSULT Access, 2e (Pollard, Cell Biology,  with Student Consult Online Access)
$124.00 $83.03
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.