5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant vocals; fun for the whole family
Published on March 10, 2008 by Paula Hahn

3.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Thunder show
Celtic Thunder: The Show

AMAZING -- FUN -- ENJOYABLE AND A MUST SEE!!!!

Don't miss Ryan Kelly and Damian McGinty - all five guys blow you away
Published on September 21, 2008 by Sunnypa

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant vocals; fun for the whole family, March 10, 2008
Paula Hahn "Paula, mother of 2" (Arkadelphia, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
As a singer myself (and one of Irish heritage on top of that) I can tell you I was in awe of the vocal chops shown by the men in this group. There is of course, Paul the operatic tenor who could have a brilliant career in classical music but also can be achingly tender on love ballads and throw a bit more timbre in his voice to put some testosterone into the folk songs. Then there is George the baritone, so rich and mellow and gentle on the family ballads he sings and with the best brogue of them all. Blond twenty-something Keith whose slightly nasal but very sweet tenor is God's gift to those Irish protest songs and pop songs. And then precocious and precious Damian, all of 14, who sounds at least 10 years older than he is and with so much depth and chest resonance-- where did he learn to do that? Finally, Ryan who seems less vocally gifted but I suspect that is only because of the company he is in, but has more than enough smolder and attitude to make up for it. And then when they blend their voices together on the songs of national pride and longing somehow they manage to sound like a string ensemble. There were literally chills down my back and tears in my eyes. These guys are good, really good.

About all I can add to what others have written is to tell you that my daughters, aged 6 and 7, absolutely love this music as much as I do. It is now replacing the Wiggles (thank God!) as our favorite music to play in the car. My 7 year old practically melted into a big puddle on the floor when she saw young Damian. She thinks he is the cutest thing since Zac Efron! So this CD has been a great experience to share with my kids and teach them about our family history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a powerful show!, March 3, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
I was just flipping thru stations with my remote, and came upon this wonderful concert on PBS the other night. I was blown away by the diverse voices of the 5 singers, individually and collectivley. There was a great variety of songs, traditional Irish, contemporary, original. When they sang "Ireland's Call" , a Phil Coulter original, it made me proud to be the Irishman I am! I will be ordering the DVD for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and Entertaining, April 20, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
I absolutely love this dvd. I was disappointed that the cd doesn't contain all of the songs. Especially the solo A Bird Without Wings by Damian McGinty. This is my favorite of all. If you like great voices and songs, this you will love and not be disappointed. But get the dvd to get all of the songs and see the cutest little guy ever sing like an angel! Just a very moving experience! Love it so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning concert!, June 17, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
I don't mind that each song does not come from Ireland - assessing the total concert I find that this DVD is mesmerizing to see and hear...it is time and money well spent. This group can look forward to a bright future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let the Thunder Roll, August 11, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
Celtic Thunder is the best thing to come along in years! - make that decades! These 5 guys are incredibly talented. Each one is a solo performer in his own right, and as an ensemble they blend together with incredible panache.

The performance is an eclectic mix - Celtic music, old and new, and some mainstream "standards", all performed with a presence that you can't ignore. They're not going through the motions, there's somebody home here doing songs they believe in and are involved in. While it's almost tempting to say that the Celtic music is what they really excel in, it wouldn't be fair to discount the standards. You may recognize the words, but I swear it's like you've never heard the song before. Warning: they'll probably spoil you for any other version.

There is truly something here for everyone. The variety just serves to make you appreciate their talents and versatility even more. They'll make you laugh and smile as they do some very joyful and inspiring tunes; then they'll turn around and tear your heart out and hand it to you.

This is no spoiled boy band clone. What may strike you most is that they're genuine and authentic men and not afraid to let that show through.

While I love and admire every darned one of them, Keith Harkin is a gift, he's just exquisite.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD compliments CD, May 4, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
Seeing is believing - their voices are outstanding, their show is fantastic - non-stop music, entertainment and you could just "fall in love" with Ireland by listening to them!

5.0 out of 5 stars In Awe, June 5, 2008
Judy K. Leonard (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
You know how every once in a while, something comes along that really touches you? That's how it was for me with Celtic Thunder. I initially saw the show in March on a PBS station. I was compelled to pledge so I could get the video. I did and I have watched my video countless times since I received it. I also ordered two CDs through Amazon, one for the car and one for indoors. Since I live in a two-story townhouse, I'm considering ordering a third CD, one for upstairs, one for downstairs. Am I obsessed? Maybe so, but this is the first thing that has truly moved me in a long, long time. I love it and each time I watch it, I see something new or hear a new chord. These five guys each have very distinct voices and their own distinct singing style. And, it is so much fun to watch the reactions of the family members. It's easy to see the amazement and pride in their eyes.

This show is just extraordinary. So much talent -- Phil Coulter, Sharon Brown, the five singers, the musicians, everything. I can't say enough. I understand that more music will be released in September. I certainly hope so and anxiously await that day. I have tickets to see them live in December and I'm so excited. I'm saving money to buy Celtic Thunder merchandise.

Thank you, Phil Coulter and Sharon Brown. In my book, you've earned more than five gold stars! Thank you. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just doesn't get better than this!, March 21, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
I got hornswaggled into watching this on Public TV and expected another cookie cutter Riverdance knock off. Boy, was I wrong. These guys are talented, easy on the eyes and put on a first rate show. Oh, did I mention they can sing? I immediately ordered a copy from Amazon and have watched it several times now and like it better with each viewing.

And who is the young'un? He has more sex appeal than the other 4 put together - and I'm in my 60's for pete sake....mercy!! bg

5.0 out of 5 stars BLOWN AWAY2, June 20, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
THE BEST VOCALS!! MY WHOLE FAMILY WAS BLOWN AWAY. MY MOTHER-IN-LAW IS SO IN LOVE WITH THEM & THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING (SHE'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE)! BUYING EVERYONE CD/DVD FOR GIFTS. CELTIC THUNDER WILL BE TOURING THE USA STARTING IN OCTOBER THRU DECEMBER. GOING TO SEE THEM LIVE!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THEIR NEXT CD/DVD. WE NEED MORE POSITIVE-CULTURE INFLUENCE ON OUR YOUNG PEOPLE ESPECIALLY IN THE MUSIC WORLD. CELTIC THUNDER APPEALS THE YOUNG AND OLD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish at it best..., June 9, 2008
nan98332 (Gig Harbor, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
What was created in Celtic Woman, is replicated in Celtic Thunder. A wonderful diversification of ballads and pure traditional Irish songs. If you like Irish music, this is a must have!

Celtic Thunder: The Show
Celtic Thunder: The Show by Celtic Thunder (DVD - 2008)
$19.98 $19.68
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies