Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on October 6, 2007
The lovely and all so talented young women from the Emerald Isle have once again achieved perfection. The long awaited Christmas DVD "A Christmas Celebration" is finally out and is it ever a treat for the whole family! Shot in Dublin, back in July just three weeks after the show completed a wildly successful five month concert tour of the US performing the "A New Journey" show. Dazzling in the most beautiful gowns and lovely stage settings Orla, Lisa, Chloe, Mairead and Meav (making her farewell appearance, sorry that's what we're told) breath new life into many of our favorite Christmas classics. Backed by the world famous Irish Film Orchestra, the Celtic Woman band and choir,
the ensemble entertain to the max!
A few of the highlights, and beleive me there are many- White Christmas: Chloe, Lisa and Meav, The Little Drummer Boy: duet by Orla and Chloe, Oh Holy Night: ensemble, Away in a Manger: Orla, The Christmas Song: Lisa, O Come All Ye Faithful: ensemble, Let It Snow: ensemble, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas: ensemble, The First Noel: ensemble, The Christmas Song: Lisa and many more.
These very gifted young women blew this writer away with their first concert and they just keep getting better and better. The "A New Journey" live at Slane Castle is from all aspects a perfect music video yet the "A Christmas Celebration" takes perfection to a higher level. With the great success the show is having the girls appear to be having more fun than ever if that's possible. We'll really miss Meav, her wonderful voice, charm and grace is irreplaceable and we hope she can rejoin the show somewhere down lifes road.
0Comment|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2007
Every time I think there is no way the lovely and talented ladies of CELTIC WOMAN could possibly out-do themselves, they do!! Every time I think there is no way they could top this, they do!! They just keep getting better and better. More beautiful. More lovely, to both the ears AND the eyes. More talented. Even more gifted, if that's somehow possible. I have seen CELTIC WOMAN live in concert numerous times. They are simply amazing! Simply the most gifted, talented performers you could ever hope to see and hear. And yet, they just keep getting better! (For those of you who may be unaware or, not entirely sure ... yes Meav did depart CW. She has decided to spend more time on her own solo [musical] projects as well as more time with her family. Meav is of enormous talent, beauty, grace and class. She is first-rate in every sense of the word and she will be sorely missed as part of one of the most incredibly gifted group of performers/vocalists I have ever encountered. [Meav, we wish you all the best in all you do]. Stepping in is Lynn Hilary who is herself a very beautiful and talented singer. She has worked in Riverdance and in fact her and Lisa [Kelly] have worked together previously. So Lynn is no stranger to this type of music or performance. She is also of pure Irish/Gaelic decent. We welcome Lynn aboard and will see her on the Fall 2007 Tour).

This "A Christmas Celebration" DVD is easily, by far, the most beautiful Christmas Concert I have ever seen. This is MUST HAVE!! If you like Christmas Music, you will enjoy this offering. If you like Christmas Music AND are a CELTIC WOMAN fan, you will not believe your ears and your eyes!! I know (first hand) how incredibly talented and beautiful Lisa, Meav, Orla, Chloe and Mairead are and yet, I was positively STUNNED by the beauty of this performance. It is SO far beyond even what I had expected, that I still can't get over this performance. I rec'd my copy the day is was officially released (Tuesday 10/02/2007) and have watched this, twice a day, every day since receiving it. I don't usually start with Christmas Music until Thanksgiving. But I knew there was no way I could last that long, just from knowing how talented these ladies are AND from looking at the beautiful DVD package/cover. I had to play it. I did play it. And now, like so many others, I can't STOP playing it. They are beyond anything you could imagine. I have never, never heard nor seen anything so beautiful in my life! As one other reviewer here said ... "don't walk, RUN to your nearest music store and get this for yourself". The most amazing Christmas Concert you could ever hope to see, performed by five unbelievably beautiful and talented Angels. As a 'bonus', if you will, the Choir and the Orchestra are also in top form. They ALL deserve tons of credit for this performance. This was also a beautifully shot/filmed performance as well. The ladies never looked lovlier and the stage and lighting are also done to perfection.

Every, single number is stunningly beautiful but ... Some of the highlights are:

"Carol Of The Bells" (opening number).
"Little Drummer Boy" (beautifully done by Orla and Chloe and Ray on the snare).
"The Wexford Carol" (again, beautifully done by the one and only beautiful Meav).
"Christmas Pipes" (is out of this world)!
and closing the show is ...

a Big Band rendition of "Let It Snow" (that is NOT to be missed)!

Enjoy and oh what a Merry Christmas, thanks to CELTIC WOMAN!!
33 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2007
Simply Stunning and Beautiful is all I can say to describe this latest offering from Celtic Woman. This has probably the best video quality of their three DVD's. The music and vocals are top notch as always. These girls were made to do these timeless Christmas classics. Everything they do just has the magical touch that leaves you sitting back and basking in a dreamland of pure beauty both to the eyes and ears. A must have for any Celtic Woman fan and definitely a must have for any fan of Christmas music.
on October 6, 2007
A Christmas Celebration

I have had this dvd for three days now and have watched it 17 times. I don't remember ever watching any dvd more than once or twice at the most. You will find this to be a beautiful concert in every way. Run don't walk to the nearest music store now or order it right here.
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2007
Celtic Woman; A Christmas Celebration

I can't think of a better Christmas gift to give someone than this DVD, fantastic music and easy to look at women.

Question? Do they not wear slips in Ireland? Look at the fiddle player closely.

Highly recommended for fans of Celtic woman.

Gunner December, 2007
on October 10, 2007
Perfection in a DVD. A great addition to the other two DVD's of this wonderful Group of talented woman and other performers. I have been blessed to see them twice in Philadelphia, Pa. USA and lucky enough to consider them friends. Having met David, Orla, Chloe' and Maread and seeing and waving to Lisa and Meav I have been in awe of them and their music. Many a day turned around for me in amongst a lot of saddness and loss over the last two years. For the most uplifting gift to one's self or someone you love, run and get this, you will not be sorry you did. This Christmas concert was a treat all on its own level. Really surpassed my expectations. I would personally suggest all the DVDs and CDs of this group and of their own singular albums, all fantastic. Sorry to hear of Meav leaving but wish her well, a beautifully talented woman who will be back we hope for reunions. We welcome Lyn Hilary as her replacement and look forward to getting to know her. Thank you David and others for bringing us this wonderful music and class act of performers. God bless each of you involved in this group of CW. May you have many more tours, music and appearances. Thank you for making life a bit more sweeter and a hole lot more worth the living. Love, Dennis K. Yates and life partner Kenneth G. Hartman.
on October 27, 2007
Celtic Woman out do themselves! This is Christmas music at its best. Each song is more beautiful than the last. this dvd and the cd that is also available are a must have. I have had this dvd for a couple of weeks noe and I have been watching it daily. These ladies and their beautiful voices will lift your spirits. They seem to sing from the soul. They have fun and it is very evident that they enjoy what they are doing. My sister and I own everything that the Celtic Woman as a group have put out and all of the available cd's (and dvd's in some cases) that each of these ladies have on the market. Excellant does not really describe the quality of this dvd. We can not wait until their next project is available.
on October 21, 2007
wow the picture is incredible i dont have an hd tv but with a picture like this one who needs hd tv also incredible sound.the ladies are wonderful.
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2008
With the success of their CDs, DVDs, and concert tours, the ensemble group Celtic Woman was sure to release a Christmas DVD and this effort is wonderful. Produced by David Downes, this DVD features Christmas Carols and Christmas songs performed both as solos by the members of the group and as ensemble arrangements. I found the performances to be polished, the arrangements generally well suited to the talent, and the recording is excellent. The DVD features additional tracks not found on the CD.

Highlights include Orla on "Away in the Manger," an ensemble performance of "Oh Holy Night," and "The Little Drummer Boy" performed by Chloe and Orla. Lisa Kelly also puts her experience in musical theater to good use in a fine rendition of Mel Torme's classic, "The Christmas Song."

My disappointments are few. The rendition of "Carol of the Bells" was arranged as a feature for fiddle player Mairead Nesbitt. While her performance is excellent, I cannot think of a Christmas song better suited to the a cappella vocal talents of Celtic Woman. I found "Green the Whole Year Round" to be forgetable as a Christmas song and even the vocal talents of Lisa Kelly could not save it. The DVD did help me make sense of the uncharacteristically jazzy arrangement of "Let It Snow." The intro, which is not on the CD, helps make the reason for the number clear and it is much more enjoyable to see it than to only hear it.

Overall, this is a very enjoyable Christmas video with perfromances by some extremely talented ladies. I highly recommend it. Merry Christmas and God bless corset dresses!
on December 6, 2013
Extremely well produced. Very high quality video and sound recording. The song selection is excellent and includes many of the traditional sacred carols. I highly recommend this DVD to anyone who wants to get into the true spirit of the "reason for the season." The renditions of "O Holy Night" and "O Come All Ye Faithful" brings tears to my eyes every time I hear them. This would also make an excellent gift to all your Christmas music loving friends!