5.0 out of 5 stars A Young Mindset
Published on May 24, 2010 by Julia Schall

1.0 out of 5 stars Book only has partial information
if i would have known that it only summerized the key points and left half of the information and all pics out of the book i would have NEVER bought this form of book... Does not specify before buyin and the review sucks. i had to spend another 200 dollars for the actual book and WANT my money back for this crappy downloaded version
Published 22 months ago by Stephanie Christenson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Young Mindset, May 24, 2010
First, I'd like to point out that I am eighteen years old and just finished my first year of college, so I'm coming from a relatively young point of view with an opinion on technique - not content, as I am no professional. Also, I read quite a bit, both leisurely and academically. However, the ability to read well or with ease does not guarantee complete engrossment or heed about the text and/or subject. That is, I'm like a lot of people my age when it comes to most textbooks - I find them utterly boring, where reading becomes more of a chore than a pleasure. And that's fair; textbooks aren't exactly meant for amusement. Still, not everyone is a scholar, and seeing how reading is an absolute, there should be some middle ground between dull professionalism and light entertainment.

Anyway. I was assigned this book for my Introduction to Psychology class, and though I had an amazing professor, this book itself was just as engaging and just as clever. Authors Dennis Coon and John O. Mitterer do an excellent job presenting the material both clearly and interestingly. You can tell they love psychology and put a lot of effort into relating to the common person. They show much consideration for their audience, catering to those who don't want another lackluster assignment, but something more stimulating. At least, that's what I believe. It definitely made the studying/homework portion of my college experience much more bearable. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would definitely recommend it to those interested in psychology or looking to take a class in it, especially if they find it difficult keeping interest in a book and/or schoolwork.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book only has partial information, February 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Reading, October 6, 2010
Christopher (CYRIL, OKLAHOMA, US) - See all my reviews
I am a student in general psychology class. This book is easy to read and formatted well and presents the information in a way I can understand it. I have no trouble staying awake reading this one because it catches my interests and speaks to me. I like the way it is setup to where the authors are writing in a few comments and interesting facts about themselves. This is the only textbook, that I get excited about reading and have no trouble understanding the material. This book is awesome, and it is not biased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, October 22, 2009
This book is so well written that when my professor assigns us three chapters to read, I don't even mind doing it! It's easy to read, easy to understand and actually sometimes entertaining. Who knew a text book could be any of those things? ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychology Textbook Review, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Psychology: Gateways to Mind and Behavior (Loose Leaf)
This textbook is great. It is exactly the textbook that I needed for my Psychology class and it's way cheaper than in the retail stores or bookstores (that I looked at). Even though its a looseleaf version it serves its purpose and is really easy to read. All you need is a binder and you have a textbook at the ready. Really great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for future Nurses!!, July 14, 2009
To the seller!
Thanks for the excellent service!

I found what I thought was going to be a boring class, very much a learning experience about myself, and how it will apply to my future career.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong version of the book!, February 5, 2013
I was not pleased to find out that I received the instructor's version of the book. Not only is it illegal to sell the instructor's version but my class has already begun and I need it, so I cannot return it without missing information needed for the class. I am not happy with my purchase but I am hoping it is not too different from the student's version since it is too late to exchange it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Introduction to Psychology: Gateways to MInd and Behavior, June 17, 2014
This was a great text. I rented the text and it was in great condition and easy to read. Renting textbooks is an awesome way to save money.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's great!, June 12, 2014
it's in good condition. it's so great. i like it very much! i think i did a good choice to buy this book here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book ever, May 17, 2014
I loved my class! And this book is great - I even rented it on my computer as well. Two investments. I'm keeping my book as I love to highlight and make notes- But my rental was cool. * Advise- if you rent and drop to a pas- you're limited. * If you rent and or buy and drop to your Devise Kindle to computer. (You can copy and paste into your hoe work! Its fantastic.
Great Authors and the web links inside have wonder movie clips of experiments that allow you to understand the chapters. Enjoy!

$176.95 $145.11