4.0 out of 5 stars Good Textbook
It took a really short time for me to receive it. Although as used, it looks perfectly new!
It's a quite simple PR book, not bad for beginners.
Published on October 4, 2010 by velma

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent Overview, Full of Fluff
Published 16 months ago by Andrew

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent Overview, Full of Fluff, February 26, 2013
I got this book for a college-level introduction for public relations class and while I was reading through the first 4 chapters, much of the information presented is fluff. One moment the book can be talking about how to do quality research and then it goes on a page rant about how salt and sodium intake in the US is too high and never addresses its relevance. Often it seems the end of chapter summaries are poorly written and frequently miss the main points from the chapter. I would not recommend this book to anyone or to use this book as a basis of a college class.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is putting me to sleep., January 29, 2012
This review is from: Cengage Advantage Books: This is PR: The Realities of Public Relations (Paperback)
I have to say there are good portions of this book but overall I have several issues with this textbook. First of all the print is very small. I have pretty good vision but reading this book really hurts my eyes. I absolutely love reading and have never complained about a textbook, but this book literally puts me to sleep. I feel like it literally tries to smash the reader with too much information at one time. The points are hard to follow. After reading a couple paragraphs particularly in the theories section your literally like what did I just read. The whole point of reading a textbook is to convey information not to drown the reader in as many large words as you can think of. Overall the book is poorly designed for the reader to read comfortably or to actually take much away from.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Textbook, October 4, 2010
It's a quite simple PR book, not bad for beginners.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst condition book I every received, August 5, 2013
The book has folded edges, the pages appear to have various stains, the book is highlighted throughout and I do not want to touch the book. yek!!!

Cengage Advantage Books: This is PR: The Realities of Public Relations
Cengage Advantage Books: This is PR: The Realities of Public Relations by Dean Kruckeberg (Paperback - March 10, 2009)
$124.95 $100.77