Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on August 6, 2013
This product should come with the return mailing label included in the box. For the price, I knew I couldn't expect much but when the battery outlasts the product it's a bit ridiculous. And I only had it mounted on a .22 Ruger Mark III. The bottom line - purchase with extreme caution and keep your original packaging for the inevitable return to Amazon.

Details of my experience with the Centerpoint: Out of the box the product has the appearance and feel of reasonably good construction. It felt solid and was working normally. I mounted it on my pistol and took to the range to zero in. That's when the trouble began. After several shots I had it zeroed in. The next 12 shots were dead on. After that, the green dot shifted to the far right. I could see that the dot had shifted and that I would be nowhere near the target using the dot as my guide. In fact, taking a shot with the green dot on target put the bullet 8 inches to the left. The problem - adjusting the dot was no longer possible. The left/right adjustment knob no longer worked. Turned as far as it could go in either direction with no effect on the dot position. At this point the product was packed up for return and a refund.
11 comment14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
Hitting bullseye isn't an issue any more after I mounted this optics. It stays always zeroed every day after I take my rifle out of the case. Can't believe what I get on this price!
review image review image
22 comments10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
I use one on my Ruger Mini-30 and my Ruger 10/22. Does a good job of keeping zero, and is easy to see and adjust. No problems with it all.
on September 5, 2013
We originally purchased this sight as a low cost option for a .223 caliber rifle. We knew from the beginning that it may not work out. After playing around with it, we determined it was a better fit for .22 cal rifle (such as the 10/22 Tactical variants) or an airsoft gun. Mounting and zeroing it was not a problem, but it is a low cost sight and long term durability on a rifle was in question. In the end, we mounted it on my son's airsoft gun which is a replica of the Steyr Aug A3. It actually works great in this capacity, especially for the price.
on February 12, 2014
I went through two of these through Amazon and both were paperweights. When the first scope arrived, the internal reticle tube was visibly knocked way out of alignment. I tried adjusting the turrets a bit to return it to a more central position but apparently the internal adjustments were damaged. Also, when I installed the battery and turned it on there were two blurry dots instead of one. Something designed to handle rifle recoil should be able to absorb a few bumps in the mail. I returned for a replacement without even mounting it on my rifle.

The replacement unit arrived and seemed fine. I installed it easily, shot a (nice, tight) reference group to get used to the new scope, and then made a couple turret adjustments. I shot another group, walked up to the target, and was floored to see all five shots in the 10-ring. "Sighted in!" I thought, and put the turret caps back on. I was wrong. A few shots later, all my impacts were hitting left. Made some more adjustments and everything was back in the bullseye again. Next time I shot the gun, however, all my shots were hitting low. Re-sighted. Decided to see what the green dot looked like and the zero was off from the red dot. Turned it back to the red dot and it was now off too. Re-sighted in yet again. Next time, my wife and I did some shooting and we were both nailing everything spot-on. We were just wrapping up but seemed to be missing a lot of the last shots--tired, we figured. But today when I shot this scope for the very last time, all my shots where hitting left. I re-sighted yet again, even while knowing this scope would now be going back to Amazon, and noticed that the vertical turret adjustment was affecting both vertical and lateral impact. Not good.

One other note--though this seems to be typical of most of the red dot scopes: The red dot covers a fair amount of the target if you're used to a traditional crosshair scope. At 10 yards, it covers an area way larger than most 10 meter target bullseyes, about the area of a silver dollar. At 20 yards, the coverage is twice that--covering close to the area of a tennis ball. Red dots are great for quick acquisition and firing, but not for precise shot placement.

I've been a big-time Crosman fan for over 30 years (CenterPoint is their optics line), but this product has some serious issues. Avoid.
on September 13, 2013
Everything i could have asked for; works good durable, good style and it sight in very easily. Battery lasts fairly long.
on November 16, 2013
worst thing anyone could pay for, if it was free would still be to much. it cant keep zeroed in even on a BB gun. DO NOT BUY.!!!!
on July 22, 2015
I got this for an AR 15 I built in 300 blackout. Did not have high hopes for this cheapie but wanted to try it for a run n gun course instead of using my irons. Ended up using my 5.56 rifle instead but did get to shoot with this dot a bit. Started the sight in by adjusting the dot to co-witness with my irons. First 3 shots were about 1" left. Adjusted about 4 clicks and tore a ragged hole in the bulls at 25 yds. I was rather surprised it survived the first ten shots.
At this point I've put about 100 rounds through it on my 300blk. No problems whatsoever. The lvl 1 brightness was plenty for full sun. 3,4 and 5 brightness all seem about the same. Red and green both have same point of impact. Mount seems decent enough and the caps fit great. Very surprised with this $30 dot sight. No negatives as of yet. Maybe I got the best one ever!
on April 30, 2014
This sight was delivered the first week of March and was installed and used the same day. It has been almost 2 months now and the sight has seen use every couple of days on my son's Crosman M4-177 air rifle. His air rifle has standard Picatinny Rails and this sight fits fine. This sight works great on his air rifle. Was easy to sight in and has held the zero so far. I'm not sure I'd want to use this sight on a centerfire firearm, but works well on this air rifle and I'm confident it would work nicely on a rimfire rifle. The sight provides a very clear, crisp dot and sight picture.
on July 8, 2013
Purchased two of these, one for a .22 single shot pistol and one for an air rifle. I really like them so far. The red/green reticle dot is crisp and clear, even in sunlight. It is a true, round dot, not just a twinkly point of light like on many other dot sights. For the money, they are (IMHO) a real bargain.