5.0 out of 5 stars shop light
Published on January 2, 2010 by Ralph T. Ditter

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a $40 product
It's functional, but for $40 I was expecting a really awesome, well-built light. This looks like something I could piece together in my garage from an extension cord, a light fixture and some heatshrink tubing. I would be happy with it for $20, but at $40 I feel kind of ripped off. There aren't any instructions included in the box, which also seems unprofessional.
Published 12 months ago by Kilman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a $40 product, December 4, 2013
Kilman (CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Central Tools 12006 Bounce Lite 13 Watt Fluorescent Work Light with 25' Cord (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars shop light, January 2, 2010
I recieved my first bounce light about 10 years ago and it is still working. the first problem i've encountered was the transformer box would occasionly get stepped on or kicked around. Nothing a little duct tape can't fix. Although now the wiring is getting a little fragile and components are a little loose, but I can't complain with all the times it has been dropped, stashed in tight corners and abused it is still in working condition. Other lights get dropped once or twice and the bulb is broken. I'll be keeping my eye open for another one soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just never dies, May 3, 2014
I love this light. I have my current one for 13 years and it's still going strong. I have thrown it, dropped it and tugged on the cable but it just doesn't quit. I bought more because I need more for my shop and I knew I could count on Bounce Light. Buy one and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great!, December 16, 2013
My husband swears by these lights - they are very durable and provide good light in the direction that you need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Worklight..., August 19, 2013
jerry jeup (EASTPOINTE, MICHIGAN, US) - See all my reviews
Ordered this to work in and around my car.. Dropped it a few times with no apparent damage... Bulb still works :)
Only thing I would like to see would be a tad larger light reflector that could maybe be detached..
Irritating when light shines in your eyes, which happens quite often......

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, January 31, 2013
I've liked the bounce light products we have used in the past (ones with reals) but wanted one with out the real. This light works great but the ballast sits 3ft or so off the plug and gets in the way on the floor, the ballast is also made of a hard style plastic so it needed to be wrapped in rubber to protect it from cracking, which in turn makes it even bigger. will probably go back to the real type on my next purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bounce Lite, May 29, 2012
Great light for the money, we are professional technicians and use these lights every day they usually last Us about 5 years! As long as you keep the brake clean and other chemicals away from the plastic lenses!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best drop light out there, June 3, 2010
griller (Mid-Missouri) - See all my reviews
I've been a auto mechanic for a looooong time and have had many, many, different drop lights. This is the most durable (as far as bulb life) that I have used. Granted I've had a couple of these units....lenses finally crack /or get too dull for clear viewing but this is after 8 plus hours of hard use every day. The light weight of the Bounce Light is what saves it and the bulb from breaking. Let's face it. If you do any kind of auto repair, you know that the light gets dropped many times.

The cord is long and flexible.

The only negative for the Bounce Light is the reflector is not heavy enough to block the light so you don't get blinded by looking at the back of it. I fix that by putting a heavier cardboard behind the reflector.

If the bulb does quit (it will eventually), make sure you replace it with a 'rough service' bulb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bounce lights are great. The only problem is that after some time ..., October 21, 2014
Bounce lights are great. The only problem is that after some time the lens gets cloudy from scratches so the light is not as bright as it was. Would be nice if they made it a bit smaller in diameter so it would fit in tighter places. I own three and they get nearly constant use. Wonderful product. I wonder if they could make one with LED lights?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Light, April 29, 2013
S. Hannan (Oshkosh, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Have used these for years. I haven't found a better one but these are getting hard to find.
Happy to find some!