5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping escapism!
I'm not big on the genre, but this book was literally a page-turner! I did not put it down, reading it in one sitting. It's been on my bookshelf for 20+ years and I still get it down and read it at least once a year.
Published on February 10, 2006 by donniedarko

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Ending
The Book was a good read to a point, But it violated my requirment for reading pleasure by killing all the good guys and letting the bad guys win..??? Whats that about?
Published on October 23, 2010 by Carole Berhorst

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping escapism!, February 10, 2006
This review is from: Centrifuge (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars I miss this author, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Centrifuge (Paperback)
Pollock continued to write under the name James Elliot and I'm glad I found that out recently because now I can find some of his work I haven't read yet. I actually liked this better than "Mission MIA", which I really loved. Many think the movie "Uncommon Valor" was based on this book but I have my doubts. Both stand on their own. This story deals with a couple of Special Forces Vietnam Vets caught up in a cold war espionage operation that they unwittingly crossed into while they were in Vietnam and the effects follow them home years later. The climax puts them in direct conflict with Soviet Special Forces (much touted Spetznaz....which were first written about during the time this was published) who are smuggled into the US from Canada with the mission to find the protagonists and end them. The techniques and weaponry are accurate and the characters are well developed, living up the SF mold of the day. Recommended for military fiction buffs and adventure fans. The back story on the author is also interesting but I encourage the reader to do his/her own research. I for one, am a fan of his work and wish he would have done more in this vein. His other works are available from Amazon but they are getting harder to find.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Centrifuge (Mass Market Paperback)
Nice action, holds your attention. A great reminder of how governments use people for there own uses, and individuals can stand up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Centrifuge (Hardcover)
Thank you for prompt service, book was in good condition. I donated it to the city library after reading. ksb

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, August 24, 2001
Patrick K Springer (Manchester, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Centrifuge (Mass Market Paperback)
Yes, another champ from JC Pollock! It's exciting, holds your interest and is difficult to put down! Well written, easy to read and realistic! Fantastic book by a super author with extensive knowledge of the subject matter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionnal, July 8, 2008
Latour07 (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Centrifuge (Mass Market Paperback)
Pollock has a style and expresses it in this remarkable tale. Good writers today are inspired by Pollock. Treason of top brass politics which takes its source in Vietnam vis-à-vis veterans is the fabric of this breathtaking story. A great book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Ending, October 23, 2010
Carole Berhorst (Bloomfield Hills, Mi USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Centrifuge (Mass Market Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tightly bound story with fun, realistic characters!, June 26, 2000
Daren Afshar "Daren" (Yokkaichi, Mie Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Centrifuge (Mass Market Paperback)
I was given this book by a friend. I'm usually bored by stories that don't take off within the first 25 pages but this one! Great start and the story just continues to surprise and entertain until the last page! You'll certainly enjoy this one!

ARRAY(0xd85c8e2c)

Centrifuge
Centrifuge by J. C. Pollock (Hardcover - March 28, 1984)
Used & New from: $0.01