5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Lee branded 82mm WA adapter
I don't usually write reviews, but I had to clarify the other reviewer who gave this 1 star. I almost didn't order it b/c of that review, but since Amazon and Adorama have good return policies, I tried anyway. Most Lee adapters, foundation kits, etc are unavailable.

Published on February 25, 2012 by juice mcpatterson

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not wide angle adpter ring.
I ordered 86mm wide angle adapter ring from Amazon, since no other sellers have Lee wide angle adapter ring for 86mm.
This was not the wide angle adapter ring but the regular adapter.
Do not order this one if you want wide angle adapter ring.
Published 23 months ago by Tazo T

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Lee branded 82mm WA adapter, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Century 82mm Lee Wide Angle Adapter Ring (Electronics)

BUT, this is the Lee wide angle adaptor. The box and the adapter are Lee branded. No vignetting on a Canon 16-35 or the 24TSE fully shifted. I read elsewhere that Century is just rebranded Lee stuff. I guess that is true. Not sure why Amazon just doesn't call it Lee since the box says Lee.

The other reviewer cut and paste the same review from the 77mm adapter. Maybe he was confused.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not wide angle adpter ring., September 28, 2012
This was not the wide angle adapter ring but the regular adapter.
Do not order this one if you want wide angle adapter ring.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is Lee Wide angle adapter :), May 25, 2012
Sivaveera "fly" (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Century 82mm Lee Wide Angle Adapter Ring (Electronics)
I own the original Lee 82mm Wide angle adapter. I first was little reluctant to buy this adapter as it was not Lee.

But when I go it the cover said Lee Adapter and looked same as original Lee foundation filter 82mm.

Buy with full confidence. It is the wide angle 82mm adapter and not the regular 82mm adapter.

Tested with Canon 16-35mm II and Canon 24 TS-E, flushed perfectly and a very little vignetting for TS-E at full 12mm shift

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on my 17-40mm on FF, March 6, 2012
Bought this Century Optics 77mm Wide Angle Adapter for the Lee filter system after hearing it's the same as the Lee branded ones. I can confirm, it works perfectly with my Lee foundation kit and actually came in a Lee branded box. Also, I wanted to add that there is no vignetting at all at 17mm on a full frame 35mm format (17-40L on a 5D). I'm not sure what the other reviewer is talking about, this is a wide angle adapter and it works perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Wide Angle, September 7, 2011
I called Adorama exact and inquired as to whether this was the Lee Wide Angle adapter ring and the customer service rep said yes. This ring actually produced worse vignetting than the standard 77mm ring adapter. I tested it with a Canon 5D Mark II using a Canon 17-40mm lens. Vignetting was detectable at 22mm! I have not yet tried the Lee wide Angle adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to super-wide (17mm) angle lenses on full frame bodies, June 27, 2014
Works great - I purchased for use with the 17-40mm f/4L Canon lens (on a full frame body), and it does not disappoint. Whether it gets rid of all the vignetting at 17mm... I'm not absolutely certain because I usually use a polarizer behind a big stopper to eliminate the blue color cast of the big stopper. Even in that setup, there is very little vignetting. Without a filter behind, I'm fairly sure there is no vignetting at 17mm. If I recall correctly, this accessory was not needed with a 24mm lens on a full frame body, unless you're stacking circular filters behind a Lee system setup.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a wide-angle adpater, June 24, 2014
This is the standard adapter ring, and vignettes on wide lenses. Its just mislabeled, and not really a bad product.

5.0 out of 5 stars works fine, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Century 82mm Lee Wide Angle Adapter Ring (Electronics)
I generally do not recommend use of very cheap step up rings as I have found the thread machining to be of poor quality. However, this does not seem to be the case here as the strength of the adapter ring and the quality of the threads are fine. This product shows how badly overpriced the Lee adapter is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Screwing it in has been okay so far, May 19, 2014
Mumtaz A. Shamsee "Tazer" (San Jose, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Century 82mm Lee Wide Angle Adapter Ring (Electronics)
This is a key piece for Lee system and I am in luck because my UV filter has thread in it and this adapter screws in, without issues. If I had to remove my UV filter every time, other than risking the lens, it would add many more difficult steps to the process and this expensive system would not be all that useful.

So if you are going to make this investment, I would say also make the investment in UV filter that has thread and enjoy the Lee system! What a difference maker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 27, 2014
Adapter ring is actually a Lee branded ring that arrived in Lee packaging. Can't beat this as most other websites do not have this ring in stock. Great product!

Century 82mm Lee Wide Angle Adapter Ring