1,732 Reviews
 (1,232)

4.0 out of 5 stars CeraVe with SPF! My wish almost came true!
I have dry skin and I've always loved CeraVe lotion as an all-over body moisturizer that could also be used on the face; but I wished they would make a face lotion with an SPF of at least 30. My wish was answered, although not completely.

Published on October 8, 2010 by Yarii

1.0 out of 5 stars CereVe Moisturizing Lotion is Watery - Don't Buy From Atlas Supply Chain Consulting Services!!
CAUTION - compromised product!!!

I love CeraVe normally, but this product came unsealed and was watery as though someone had diluted it down by at least 50%. Since it wasn't sealed and it was questionable about the quality of product and safety of use, I threw the container with contents away. I will not buy this product on Amazon again.

I love to...
Published 12 months ago by UTblue

4.0 out of 5 stars CeraVe with SPF! My wish almost came true!, October 8, 2010

Like the regular lotion, this is pretty much fragrance-free, which I love. I hate fragrance in my skincare. I can detect a very faint scent if I bury my nose in it, (I tried it on my hand first) but the scent quickly dissipates.

It's thicker than the regular lotion so it doesn't immediately soak in. It's almost like a cream. It leaves a slight sheen/glow to your face for 10 minutes or so before it completely absorbs. I like that since my face is dry, but if you have an oily complexion, you may not. But even after it's fully absorbed, I can still "feel" it on my face. That I don't like.

This has both chemical and physical sunscreen, so you may not like this because of the chemicals. It has also parabens which you may be trying to avoid. Neither of these bother me but it may be a deal-breaker for you.

Other than the chemical SPF ingredients and parabens, it does have good ingredients such as ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid. It's hard to find ceramides in the inexpensive skincare lines so I'll continue to use this unless something better comes along.

I wish I could give this 5 stars but I can't. If it would soak in and I couldn't "feel" it, I would probably give it 5 stars. Also, I don't care for the flip-open cap, a pump would have been more convenient, but at least it's NOT a jar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Facial Moisturizer Even for Sensitive Skin, June 24, 2010
Krista (United States) - See all my reviews
This product moisturizes my skin exceptionally well. I am 40 years old and prior to using this product I noticed my facial skin looking "thinner". After using this product for a few weeks I noticed my skin looking less thin. I can even skip a day of using it and my skin doesn't get dry like it used to. It moisturizes so well that I can use it at night, wash my face in the morning and apply my mineral powder foundation without getting any dryness. I have rosacea and very sensitive, dry skin that breaks out easily. This moisturizer is very comfortable to wear, doesn't sting at all and has even seemed to make my skin less red. After about 10 days of using this product I got a couple of small pimples, but it hasn't happened again so I think it was just my skin getting used to it. All this and it even absorbs nicely and doesn't feel greasy. I just ordered my second bottle. The only "boo" it has parabens for preservatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product!, August 11, 2010
I'm in my late thirties, so I've started a full-time battle against wrinkles.

I go to an amazing dermatologist who recommended CeraVe PM. She raved about its price as her office sold a nearly identical product for $150 per 2 fluid ounces. She uses it daily which says a lot considering all of the product samples and freebies she has at her disposal. She assigned the following as my nightly anti-wrinkle protocal: 1. wash face with Clarisonic using Cetaphil, 2. apply Atralin (wait at least twenty minutes before step 3), 3. apply CeraVe P.M.

Use it every night for at least a month and you will be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rated a Cosmetic Cop Best Buy as with La Mer !, April 11, 2008
I tried this after reading a Paula Begoun (the Cosmetic Cop) review. It was right up there with La Mer at $65 for half the amount. I love it. It is better than Cetaphil. It washes off cleanly and leaves my face clean without any residue or tightness.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cleanser, June 24, 2014
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
This is an amazing product. When used daily, it helps exfoliate my skin, keeping it clean and radiant looking. I have found that combining this cleansing system with Renuvaderm - The Most Complete Anti-Aging Skin Supplement! and RenuvaDerm - Anti-Aging Skin Serum! I get dramatic results. My skin is not only clean and fresh, fine lines and wrinkles are significantly reduced making me feel like a look 10 years younger. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't run for shadows anymore... or as much, January 21, 2011
Emma Dot (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I work outside. My English/Dutch skin is sensitive. I'm always on a quest for an improved sunscreen, or the claim of it, anyhow. I'm happy to report my hunt in countless isles, finally over! Done.

CeraVe AM glides on smooth, none of that extra white stuff that you have to keep rubbing and rubbing and rubbing for it to blend in. It's not greasy or shinny, like some sunscreens. CeraVe AM even has 3.5 Zinc Oxide, which is a good thing. The bonus to this sunscreen? It's a GREAT base for my powder blush. It doesn't look like I have sunscreen on, and my blush seems to last longer on my face.

I've used this product everyday for about a month and my skin has never looked better. I am VERY PLEASED with CeraVe AM, PM and the Hydrating Cleaner. *Never* again will I get sucked into believing I need to hunt for the latest age defying cream, which is usually costly potions, with added quilt and worry not knowing if it works and breaks the bank at the same time. However, CeraVE is affordable, so there's no quilt in buying it--and it works.

The bottle does not have a pump, which is fine by me. I take it to work and stick it in my pocket. The pump would get messy. To me, this is the perfect product, the perfect price, and perfect packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best sources of niacinamide in a moisturizer, November 23, 2013
I've battled severe acne since a teen, and after trying an ungodly amount of skin care products to correct this, I've become a sort of skincare guru. After going through a course of accutane and having the acne come back, I came upon a routine that worked to reduce my acne to near nonexistence: wash my face with plain water or, if needed, the mildest cleanser available, and use Elta MD's UV Clear sunscreen. The simplicity and efficacy of this routine was remarkable, having tried all sorts of combinations of cleansers, toners, serums, etc that well exceeded a hundred dollars a month.

I did some research into what made UV Clear work so well, and that was an ingredient called niacinamide. Always on the lookout for better value, I researched other products I might find niacinamide. That is when i found CeraVe PM.

As luck would have it, I was also starting to experience dry skin on my cheeks from the coming winter weather and was looking for a facial moisturizer. After using it for two nights, my sister happened to come into town to visit, and she remarked on how healthy my skin looked, a compliment I've never heard before. Could it be the CeraVe PM? In just two days?? I mentioned the possibility, and when she went home, my nearly new bottle of CeraVe PM came home with her.

No matter; I can just pick one up from the local drug store for a ridiculously low price. CeraVe PM is probably one of the most inexpensive sources of niacinamide, which is amazing. After using it for a week, my skin does feel remarkably smooth, clear, and with no dryness at all. I love how it feels after applying: it feels like nothing at all. I love how it smells: it smells like nothing. It is exactly what my skin needs, nothing more, nothing less, and my wallet doesn't cry when I'm using it. Overall, this is one of the best skincare products I've ever used in any category at any price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heal your skin; look younger, October 9, 2007
Aggressive acne treatment and heredity left my skin super sensitive, red and itchy. My dermatologist recommended I use this and Cerave cream. Although I have oily skin, this actually results in less of an oily feel, despite being highly moisturizing. People often comment on my youthful looking skin. I am 47 and probably have skin that looks fifteen years younger. Try it; you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 2, 2009
This was recommended to me by my dermatologist and has worked wonders. I am probably the most extreme case when it comes to dry/temperamental skin and this stuff meets the challenge of quenching my skin's thirst for moisture. For those of you who wonder if this stuff will work for you, let me tell you about my case:

Where I live, the wind chill is often below 0 and temperatures are usually in the teens during winter. I live and work in an environment with electricity-based heating, which means extremely dry air if you didn't already know. I bathe more frequently than the average person due to being an athlete (excessive bathing is also bad for the skin). And to top it off, my skin is already extremely sensitive to any kind of irritation to begin with.

My dermatologist confirmed that this product may be used on both the face and body. I have been using it this way for about 6 months now and I have seem dramatic improvements in the condition of my skin. It should also be noted that my skin is extremely prone to break out and the use of this product has resulted in startling improvements in the quality and clarity of my skin considering I am not using any other treatment. I would buy this stuff by the gallon if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got so lucky, May 14, 2011
I was in a neighborhood drug store shopping for moisturizer and finding expired ProX Vital lifting, pumping products all over the shelves. I moved down a bit to the stuff that looked medicine-y and started reading boxes and looking at expiration dates. I noticed this CeraVe, which I've never tried before and saw that they have an "AM" lotion with sunscreen - a must for me. I picked up the box and read it: Ceramides? Hyalauronic Acid? Niacinamide? For $13? Are you kidding? I looked closer: Controlled release. Helps repair, restore and maintain protective skin barrier. SPF 30. I was sold. I figured I was either on the brink of discovering a beloved product that I would be loyal to for years into the future, or on the brink of discovering the worst, most dishonest product manufacturers around. I got home and decided to look up reviews of this product, but first, I wanted to try it. I washed my face and opened the carton. I was surprised to find a lovely product-protecting pump like I find in my higher-end pro and other products. I was impressed. I squirted a few pumps onto my finger tips. rich, thicker than regular store brands, feels luxurious. I applied. NOT what I expected. It was kind of un-even in its application. I was so unimpressed that I didn't even look in the mirror to see the result. I just kept reading the box: Homosalate, Octinoxate, Octocrylene, Zinc Oxide. All sunscreens. Hmmm...I was feeling dubious and wondering if I'd have to return it or just use it on my hands or something and go back and lay down $50 for my regular anti-aging moisturizer with sunscreen. Then I caught a glance in the mirror. My SKIN! It was absolutely gorgeous! I haven't seen my skin tone look that beautiful and healthy since three summers ago when I spent a week on Hawaii. I'm not kidding. This stuff is really amazing. It's rich. You'll know you're wearing it for the first few minutes. But boy-oh-boy does it work. I don't know what it's like for combination skin or oily skin, but for dry skin, this stuff is a minor miracle.

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce