5.0 out of 5 stars Rated a Cosmetic Cop Best Buy as with La Mer !
I tried this after reading a Paula Begoun (the Cosmetic Cop) review. It was right up there with La Mer at $65 for half the amount. I love it. It is better than Cetaphil. It washes off cleanly and leaves my face clean without any residue or tightness.
Published on April 11, 2008 by Gypsy Tejas

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but contains parabens
My own fault for not checking - it's clearly listed on Amazon's page.

If you don't care about the parabens, the product works well. My face feels clean but not overly dry after using. It also rinses away quickly, which is nice.

My skin is combo - dry in winter, esp around nose and under bottom lip (chin area), but also occasional pimples in T-zone.
Published 1 month ago by abielle76

5.0 out of 5 stars Rated a Cosmetic Cop Best Buy as with La Mer !, April 11, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Heal your skin; look younger, October 9, 2007
Aggressive acne treatment and heredity left my skin super sensitive, red and itchy. My dermatologist recommended I use this and Cerave cream. Although I have oily skin, this actually results in less of an oily feel, despite being highly moisturizing. People often comment on my youthful looking skin. I am 47 and probably have skin that looks fifteen years younger. Try it; you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cerave, November 25, 2008
I recently started using this product based on my dermatologist's recommendation. The cleanser is great and cleans and hydrates my skin. I have rosacea and my skin tends to be extremely dry, but since using these products, I find my skin is very well hydrated and does not irritate my rosacea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cleanser for users of Retin A, March 19, 2011
Let me start by saying I've only used this cleanser for a few days, but I have to say so far it has really reduced the side effects (drying, peeling) that I've had with Retin A. I have been on .025% for the last month and have tried several different cleansers since starting. Cetaphil (which of course was the first recommendation of my Derm) Nuetragena Extra Gentle, Purpose, and now the CeraVe. This one is by far my favorite!! I bought the AM & PM lotions as well and I love them!! For those of you actually using Retin A, here is my routine... Wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, apply the CeraVe PM moisturizer (yes, I put it on before the Retin A per my Derm's instructions) wait 30 mins, and apply a pea size amount of the Retin A over my entire face. In the morning I wash again with this cleanser and then apply the CeraVe AM lotion with SPF 30. In the 2 days that I've been using the CeraVe products I have noticed much less flaking on my skin and no redness whatsoever! Let me say too that I started the Retin A slowly, every 3 nights for 2 weeks, now I'm up to every other night for 2 weeks and then plan to move to every night as long as the flaking remains at bay. The CeraVe also seems to be helping with the intial breakout I got from the Retin A (have not had acne in years! was put on the Retin A for sun damage & fine lines)

I also talked my husband into trying this cleanser and lotions, he has rosacea & dermatitis on his face and after 1 night his skin appears better. I will be buying the CeraVe products for him as well, as I don't share!! LOL

I hope this helps someone starting out on Retin A. Don't get discouraged and give up! Your skin will get worse before it gets better, but I'm already seeing a reduction in the pores on my face and It's only been about 3 weeks!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite cleanser!, March 12, 2012
EDIT: I have recently stopped using both Ponds cold cream and Dermalogica multi-active toner, as I felt like I was spending too much money and too much time futzing with those products. My skin actually looks even better now, which has led me to love this cleanser (and the CeraVe lotion) even more! My routine is SO simple now - cleanse and moisturize with CeraVe each morning, apply my mineral powder makeup, and then cleanse and moisturize with CeraVe each night! I love how easily my makeup comes off and I am even happier with my skin now than ever before! LOVE the CeraVe brand and highly recommend.

This is my favorite cleanser! I have been using it twice daily for about six months so far, and I absolutely love it. I have red hair and fair, sensitive skin. I never used to have problems with my face - it was never oily or dry, just "normal" with maybe a pimple or two every now and then. But then about 2-3 years ago (I am currently 22 years old, FYI) I started getting clusters of breakouts. These were typically inflamed red pimples, not whiteheads or blackheads, and they occurred mainly on my forehead and chin/mouth as well as occasionally on/around my nose. I tried everything (Proactiv, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Aveeno, Clearasil, Burt's Bees, Skin ID, etc. - these have contained salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, retinol, witch hazel, and tea tree oil) and NOTHING cleared my complexion. It was so frustrating! Then, based on positive reviews on acne.org, I decided to try out the CeraVe line. I am so glad I did because I LOVE IT! I still get occasional pimples, but overall I have a clearer complexion. I believe that all of the chemicals designed to get rid of acne were just too harsh for my skin, so this gentle cleanser is perfect. I use the hydrating cleanser morning and night every day, and then follow it with a spritz of Dermalogica multi-active toner (also a lovely product, in my opinion!) and a light layer of CeraVe lotion. I also apply Maybelline mineral powder foundation (or, when in a rush, Aveeno tinted moisturizer) each morning and remove it each night with Ponds cold cream before cleansing. I love the CeraVe cleanser because it is not drying at all and it has truly reduced my acne. I recommend it highly and plan to continue using it. My only complaint (and really, this is just my own problem) is that I often use quite a lot of the cleanser (3-5 pumps) each time, which means that I go through a bottle every few months. Still, I feel that's a small price to pay for nice skin. I love CeraVe and I hope you will give it a try and love it as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST facial cleanser for oily skin, August 8, 2011
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
i would give this 10 stars.. i just stumbled upon this at my local CVS store..It doesnt smell.. it foams up nicely and your face feels clean after..not dry..

5.0 out of 5 stars Face-Saver, May 27, 2009
Since I was about 13 (17 now) I've tried the whole gamut of acne products, and some have had more success than others. Typically whatever the dermatologist gives me works for a while, but then stops. Now that my acne has become a lot more mild, I've been using this every day and it really helps a lot. I felt like cetaphil was only moisturizing and not really cleaning, but I really feel clean and refreshed after using this skin cleaner. I'd recommend it to any teenager who just wants their freaking acne to go away for good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 13, 2014
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
I bought this cleanser just based off the reviews here on Amazon. I wear primer and makeup every day, so I normally use St. Ives Apricot Scrub (or the Walmart generic) because it's the only thing that makes me feel "clean". Well, I keep reading about how using scrubs every day is not the best for oily/acne prone skin. I had tried a cetaphil cleanser and was NOT impressed. Felt like it didn't take all my makeup off. CeraVe is amazing though! I just need to use a small amount and it REALLY cleans without being harsh on my face. It also doesn't leave my face feeling greasy, but at the same doesn't dry it out. I highly recommend this for ALL skin types!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal for my combination skin, better than dozens of cleansers I've tried, January 2, 2013
lostbronte (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews
This cleanser is wonderfully gentle. After washing my skin feels naked but fresh and hydrated, not stripped! There doesn't seem to be any residue but my skin feels balanced, neither dry nor oily but healthy. I have completely fallen in love with it. Overall, I have a pretty complicated skin situation. I have dry skin with some oiliness in the normal spots and I also have freckles. I turn red very easily from blushing or sunburn (it's not rosacea, though). I was motivated to try this cleanser after I read that a professional swimmer recommended CeraVe Moisturizing Skin Cream for the body. Since that product is fantastically hydrating, I decided to try the cleanser after realizing that Olay's ProX . I've tried a large array of products. For about a decade I used Phisoderm for dry skin, but when they changed the formulation, I was out of luck. I switched to Olay ProX Restorative Cream Cleanser for dry skin and it's really expensive, plus I can't find it anymore. I've tried basically all of the Aveeno, Neutrogena and Olay cleansers, as well as Purpose, Cetaphil and various L'Oreal products. I would find that most of the products were ok at first, but over time they'd be a bit too harsh, even those designed for the most sensitive skin. Those designed to hydrate were sometimes too oily after a long usage, and those designed to be balanced were often too drying. I've come to Amazon to set up a Subscribe and Save for this cleanser. I love it that much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bargain for Combination Skin!, December 14, 2012
I've tried everything for the red flaky skin i'm blessed with every winter. I also get blemishes around my chin/mouth and this stuff is the BEST cleanser i've tried in 15 years! It's a bargain too. I use this and then aveeno's clear complexion daily moisturizer and my skin has improved greatly in less than a week of use. I love this combo and highly recommend it for those with combination skin. it really works and DOES NOT irritate my sensitive skin.

ARRAY(0xd818b554)