5.0 out of 5 stars Rated a Cosmetic Cop Best Buy as with La Mer !
I tried this after reading a Paula Begoun (the Cosmetic Cop) review. It was right up there with La Mer at $65 for half the amount. I love it. It is better than Cetaphil. It washes off cleanly and leaves my face clean without any residue or tightness.
Published on April 11, 2008 by Gypsy Tejas

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but contains parabens
My own fault for not checking - it's clearly listed on Amazon's page.

If you don't care about the parabens, the product works well. My face feels clean but not overly dry after using. It also rinses away quickly, which is nice.

My skin is combo - dry in winter, esp around nose and under bottom lip (chin area), but also occasional pimples in T-zone.
Published 5 months ago by abielle76

5.0 out of 5 stars Rated a Cosmetic Cop Best Buy as with La Mer !, April 11, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Heal your skin; look younger, October 9, 2007
Aggressive acne treatment and heredity left my skin super sensitive, red and itchy. My dermatologist recommended I use this and Cerave cream. Although I have oily skin, this actually results in less of an oily feel, despite being highly moisturizing. People often comment on my youthful looking skin. I am 47 and probably have skin that looks fifteen years younger. Try it; you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakouts? Might not be acne-- might be damaged, sensitive skin., March 17, 2014
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
I spent the better part of my teenage years and young adulthood constantly fighting breakouts, acne, blotchiness and an overall bad complexion. I had been using Proactiv for the last few years, and found that it had been the most effective of acne cleansers I had tried. Yet despite it, I continued to get a lot of breakouts, my skin was constantly peeling, and I got black heads like crazy no matter how much I tried to prevent them. About two or three weeks go, I finally got sick of it all. I'm 25 years old, but my dry, dull, flaky skin texture made me like ten years older, complete with an adult case of severe acne.

Finally, after reading into skin care for what seemed like the millionth time, I decided- for once- to look into how to treat very pale skin, rather than acne-prone skin, because I'd recently also gotten a job where I had to work 2nd shift and rarely got to see the sun. (I'm pale by nature anyway. Put me on a night shift and I'm practically a ghost. I thought maybe the lack of Vitamin D could be contributing to a worsening of my complexion.) It was only then that it *really* started to don on me.... Maybe instead of having acne prone skin-- I actually had very *sensitive* skin (as pale skin is usually considered) and all the acne treatments were just aggravating it and making it worse. I decided to try this cleanser and a Cerave lotion, paired with an Aveeno exfoliater once or twice a week, just to test that theory out.

Long story short: I saw results in less than 48 hours. I haven't had a complexion like this since pre-puberty, and I am not exaggerating on that. While it's still anything but perfect-- The pimples have stopped, the blackheads are gradually clearing, my skin is soft and supple, and the premature lines around my eyes are starting to disappear. Several days ago, I even discovered I could start completely skipping foundation all together and *only* use a light application of concealer with a clear mineral powder for my makeup routine. My fiance has even been convinced several times now that I have been wearing foundation when I have not worn it for a long while now.

I am insanely pleased with this product and its coinciding lotion. If you're someone who's been fighting acne/breakouts/bad complexions for many years and using acne products in an attempt to treat it with no luck-- take a moment and consider if, possibly, you actually have very sensitive skin. You might just be damaging it every time you wash your face! Cerave is great, and is still doing a marvelous job of gradually repairing my skin. I'm usually not the sort to go out of my way to review products like this online, but I have been so impressed with this cleanser that I just had to put the word out there for anyone else who might find themselves in a similar predicament as what I described. It might not work for everyone out there, but it definitely did the trick for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cleanser!, October 7, 2013
I was experiencing cystic acne and could not find a skin care regimen that worked... until I found CeraVe. 1 week later, my skin is cleared up and looks brighter. Gentle and effective. This product is a WIN!

5.0 out of 5 stars great cleanser, June 24, 2014
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
This is an amazing product. When used daily, it helps exfoliate my skin, keeping it clean and radiant looking. I have found that combining this cleansing system with Renuvaderm - The Most Complete Anti-Aging Skin Supplement! and RenuvaDerm - Anti-Aging Skin Serum! I get dramatic results. My skin is not only clean and fresh, fine lines and wrinkles are significantly reduced making me feel like a look 10 years younger. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST facial cleanser for oily skin, August 8, 2011
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
i would give this 10 stars.. i just stumbled upon this at my local CVS store..It doesnt smell.. it foams up nicely and your face feels clean after..not dry..

5.0 out of 5 stars Cerave, November 25, 2008
I recently started using this product based on my dermatologist's recommendation. The cleanser is great and cleans and hydrates my skin. I have rosacea and my skin tends to be extremely dry, but since using these products, I find my skin is very well hydrated and does not irritate my rosacea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for all skin types, even sensitive skin, September 17, 2012
Victoria S (Great Falls, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
This is a good, gentle cleanser at a very good price. (I will spend good money on lotions and potions, but I just can't embrace spending too much on a cleanser that washes away.) While this foaming cleanser is indicated for normal to oily skin, my combination, heading toward dry skin tolerates it well without that parched feeling and no sensitivity issues. If your skin is extremely dry and you don't need the foaming action (which I do, it's a mental thing), then I would try the hydrating formula which is also highly rated. This formula produces a slight lather and rinses without any residue. I withheld one star because I don't find that it removes makeup well, especially eye makeup, so you have to use a makeup remover prior to washing.

CeraVe produces only a few skin care products, but I've found that they're all well formulated, fragrance free and affordable. And just as importantly, they don't perform animal testing. I appreciate when a beauty company can produce a product without resorting to archaic practices.

5.0 out of 5 stars In My 50s, November 13, 2011
Pocono Deb (Pocono Lake, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce (Misc.)
One of my kid's dermatologists recommended this and they recommended it to ME. Works really well! Gets my skin very clean without drying it out and keeps me from getting breakouts. Yes, Mother Nature can have a very strange sense of humor giving us wrinkles AND zits! :( The moisturizers are great, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cleanser for users of Retin A, March 19, 2011
Let me start by saying I've only used this cleanser for a few days, but I have to say so far it has really reduced the side effects (drying, peeling) that I've had with Retin A. I have been on .025% for the last month and have tried several different cleansers since starting. Cetaphil (which of course was the first recommendation of my Derm) Nuetragena Extra Gentle, Purpose, and now the CeraVe. This one is by far my favorite!! I bought the AM & PM lotions as well and I love them!! For those of you actually using Retin A, here is my routine... Wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, apply the CeraVe PM moisturizer (yes, I put it on before the Retin A per my Derm's instructions) wait 30 mins, and apply a pea size amount of the Retin A over my entire face. In the morning I wash again with this cleanser and then apply the CeraVe AM lotion with SPF 30. In the 2 days that I've been using the CeraVe products I have noticed much less flaking on my skin and no redness whatsoever! Let me say too that I started the Retin A slowly, every 3 nights for 2 weeks, now I'm up to every other night for 2 weeks and then plan to move to every night as long as the flaking remains at bay. The CeraVe also seems to be helping with the intial breakout I got from the Retin A (have not had acne in years! was put on the Retin A for sun damage & fine lines)

I also talked my husband into trying this cleanser and lotions, he has rosacea & dermatitis on his face and after 1 night his skin appears better. I will be buying the CeraVe products for him as well, as I don't share!! LOL

I hope this helps someone starting out on Retin A. Don't get discouraged and give up! Your skin will get worse before it gets better, but I'm already seeing a reduction in the pores on my face and It's only been about 3 weeks!

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce