Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Style Name: Facial CleansersSize: 12 OunceChange
Price:$6.65+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 12, 2015
First of all, I'm 24 and have been dealing with horrendous acne since the age of 15. I've been a long time Proactiv fan, but recently it seems like my acne has grown immune to it so I was back on the hunt to find new products. I've tried several, including some prescription ones from my dermatologist but nothing seemed to tame the acne beast within! Finally, I'm writing this review with the clearest skin I've had since I was a little girl (yes, even better than Proactiv when it was working for me!).

First, this is by far the best daily cleanser to use. It doesn't over dry which even if you have oily skin like me, is very important. Often times you won't know if your cleanser is overdrying your face because your body will produce more oil to make up for it, and then you'll have more acne!

Second, you need a good exfoliator to clean away all of the dead skin and gunk that clogs your pores to begin with. You have to be careful because a lot of exfoliators are so harsh on the skin that they can actually open up small microscopic sores that bacteria nestles inside of and creates acne. My favorite exfoliator is TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar). This one leaves your face feeling o so fresh! Also, what's best is that this exfoliator also doubles as the product you need for step 4 :)

Third, a good spot treatment is needed! The standard benzoyl peroxide and salycilic acid treatments tend to stop working before you even finish the first tube so it was hard for me to find one that worked really well. Because I liked the exfoliator so much, I tried TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! by the same brand and it has worked flawlessly!

Fourth, a good mask that helps pull the impurities and bacteria from under the skin is needed about 2 to 3 times a week. Yes MEN, even you guys should use this! My boyfriend doesn't have as bad of an acne problem as I do, but the acne he did have was remedied by just this step alone! TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar) is the same product as step 2 but instead of using it as a wash, you apply it to your damp face and let it dry for 15 minutes before using water to wash it off.

If you do all 4 of these steps, I promise you'll have much much much clearer skin :)
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2015
I’ve been using CeraVe since college, its always been a standard go-to product for me, especially during the week days when I’m coming home late and want to quickly wash my face at the sink. I actually like it better than Cetaphil because it foams, and leaves my skin feeling pretty moisturized. It also doesn’t cause my skin to be dry or oily, which is a huge plus because I’ve had some issues with acne in the past. The one thing I can’t recommend this product for however, is if you use make-up. There’s a theory about what kind of facial cleansers to use when you use a lot of foundation, and IMO the best way to clean your face w/ makeup on it is to use a gel cleanser, similar to this one. It’s hard to find in stores, so you can imagine how excitement I was to find out this product on Amazon. Not to how much cheaper it is than buying it at the spa. The reason why I choose CeraVe only for oily skin (not makeup) is because of the consistency that it leaves your face feeling. You’ll have to use a lot of CeraVe to clean off all your make-up, and the more you use the less beneficial it is to your skin, because it can have a drying effect. If you use the cleanser I recommended with makeup you should have a much better time of it. I hope this review helps!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2015
I have struggled with acne since I was nine years old. From 9-14 I had really had acne all over my face, chest, and back, and then I took accutane and that cleared it up. When I was 16, I went on birth control because I would never have a period. At the beginning of this year, I went off birth control and my acne went crazy again because I wouldn't have a period. I got it really bad on my neck and jawline as well as my cheeks, which is where a body usually will break out after coming off of birth control, as well as acne on my shoulders and back. This acne is, of course, not nearly as bad as when I was younger, but still annoying and a confidence shammer, especially since I am 20 years old. This past summer I refused to go to the beach and the pool because I was so ashamed of what my face looked like without makeup and the acne on my back. I bought this after reading reviews on here and after trying a few products that didn't work. I didn't realize that this product wasn't directed for body acne, but it has helped with that as well.
I have been using this product for a little over a month and have seen/felt the most improvement with this product over anything else. Clearing acne is a long process and usually if people don't see instant results, they give up. Don't give up on this! I feel so much more confident with my face, even if all my pimples aren't cleared up, but my face feels so much more smooth because this product really does smooth it out. For the first three weeks I used it once a day in the shower and last week I amped it up to twice a day and I've noticed the most change this past week. This product is wonderful because it smoothes out skin, so it's not itchy and I don't feel compelled to pick acne scabs, which is why it has helped even with my shoulder and back acne even though it's not meant for that. It's cleared up the acne on the top of my back but some still remain on my shoulders and lower back. I may switch to a different solution for body acne, but I am certainly sticking to this for my face. It's incredible!
The first pic is after first use, the second is after a month. Will update with after two months. Also, I still have a lot left in this bottle going into month 2.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2008
I tried this after reading a Paula Begoun (the Cosmetic Cop) review. It was right up there with La Mer at $65 for half the amount. I love it. It is better than Cetaphil. It washes off cleanly and leaves my face clean without any residue or tightness.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2013
Dermotologist recommended 3 years ago and since I have my husband, siblings, mother in law and MANY friends hooked on it ;) They have for dry and oil skin so you can pick what's best for you - my skin has NEVER been so smooth!
on June 7, 2009
Until starting Retin-A (face, upper chest, backs of hands) I used an Aveeno cleanser to take off my makeup at night and Aqua Glycolic cleanser each a.m. The Aqua Glycolic gave me a smoothness my face had never had before and I had no rosace flares after starting to use it.

When I started Retin A I knew I'd need an extremely gentle cleanser to use while my skin acclimated to the Retin A so I purchased this. It is great in that it takes off my makeup but leaves my face feeling "normal" - not stripped. I also purchased the Cera-Ve cream and have reviewed that.
on April 9, 2015
I highly recommend this cleanser to anyone with acne-prone or sensitive skin who doesn't wear a lot of makeup (it doesn't foam and is useless as a mu remover--I use baby oil to remove mascara beforehand). I was searching for a gentle, affordable, fragrance-free cream cleanser with a pump, and this is perfect. For the first week, my skin was too oily (I use it with the CeraVe moisturizing facial lotion, which I also recommend), but it has evened out, so give it time. This listing is a great value.
on March 17, 2014
I spent the better part of my teenage years and young adulthood constantly fighting breakouts, acne, blotchiness and an overall bad complexion. I had been using Proactiv for the last few years, and found that it had been the most effective of acne cleansers I had tried. Yet despite it, I continued to get a lot of breakouts, my skin was constantly peeling, and I got black heads like crazy no matter how much I tried to prevent them. About two or three weeks go, I finally got sick of it all. I'm 25 years old, but my dry, dull, flaky skin texture made me like ten years older, complete with an adult case of severe acne.

Finally, after reading into skin care for what seemed like the millionth time, I decided- for once- to look into how to treat very pale skin, rather than acne-prone skin, because I'd recently also gotten a job where I had to work 2nd shift and rarely got to see the sun. (I'm pale by nature anyway. Put me on a night shift and I'm practically a ghost. I thought maybe the lack of Vitamin D could be contributing to a worsening of my complexion.) It was only then that it *really* started to don on me.... Maybe instead of having acne prone skin-- I actually had very *sensitive* skin (as pale skin is usually considered) and all the acne treatments were just aggravating it and making it worse. I decided to try this cleanser and a Cerave lotion, paired with an Aveeno exfoliater once or twice a week, just to test that theory out.

Long story short: I saw results in less than 48 hours. I haven't had a complexion like this since pre-puberty, and I am not exaggerating on that. While it's still anything but perfect-- The pimples have stopped, the blackheads are gradually clearing, my skin is soft and supple, and the premature lines around my eyes are starting to disappear. Several days ago, I even discovered I could start completely skipping foundation all together and *only* use a light application of concealer with a clear mineral powder for my makeup routine. My fiance has even been convinced several times now that I have been wearing foundation when I have not worn it for a long while now.

I am insanely pleased with this product and its coinciding lotion. If you're someone who's been fighting acne/breakouts/bad complexions for many years and using acne products in an attempt to treat it with no luck-- take a moment and consider if, possibly, you actually have very sensitive skin. You might just be damaging it every time you wash your face! Cerave is great, and is still doing a marvelous job of gradually repairing my skin. I'm usually not the sort to go out of my way to review products like this online, but I have been so impressed with this cleanser that I just had to put the word out there for anyone else who might find themselves in a similar predicament as what I described. It might not work for everyone out there, but it definitely did the trick for me!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
I decided to try this cleanser based on the good reviews. I liked it at first, but within a few days I started getting whiteheads and tiny bumps all over my face. I already have mild to moderate acne so I don't need more. As soon as I switched back to Philosophy Purity, my acne improved overnight and within a few days was completely gone. This cleanser also made my face slightly drier than Purity. It left a slippery film on my face which clogged my pores. One good thing is that it never made my face itch. I'm not saying this is a bad cleanser. It has good ingredients. It might work for some people, but didn't work for me.
on December 14, 2012
I've tried everything for the red flaky skin i'm blessed with every winter. I also get blemishes around my chin/mouth and this stuff is the BEST cleanser i've tried in 15 years! It's a bargain too. I use this and then aveeno's clear complexion daily moisturizer and my skin has improved greatly in less than a week of use. I love this combo and highly recommend it for those with combination skin. it really works and DOES NOT irritate my sensitive skin.