Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, 12 Ounce
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Style Name: Facial Cleansers|Size: 12 Ounce|Change
Price:$9.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 7, 2016
I have suffered somewhat with acne since I was 13, and the problem has only gotten worse with time, so I am always on the look out for a new product in case my skin "get's used" to my current process. Normally I use a 10% BP wash, but I wanted to try something new. I decided to give this a try, and have been using it twice a day since I purchased it on January 13th. At first, I enjoyed the product. Felt okay putting it on while combining it with micro abrasion crystals (for one of the two washes), and washed off easily. However, as of writing this, I have noticed that my break out's have actually gotten worse. Normally I might get a pimple a week, but since using this, I am getting a new one almost every other day. One might question my diet, but I have altered it greatly over the years. I eat more greens, go to the gym three times a week, and have cut out as much sugar and trans fats as I can. While that has helped, it seems this wash has undone all of that work, and has given me the worst break out I've had since high school (right cheek is covered, under the lip has two or three, and the lips as one or two.)
For some people, maybe it did a good job. But for me, it feels like a big step back.
on June 12, 2015
First of all, I'm 24 and have been dealing with horrendous acne since the age of 15. I've been a long time Proactiv fan, but recently it seems like my acne has grown immune to it so I was back on the hunt to find new products. I've tried several, including some prescription ones from my dermatologist but nothing seemed to tame the acne beast within! Finally, I'm writing this review with the clearest skin I've had since I was a little girl (yes, even better than Proactiv when it was working for me!).

First, this is by far the best daily cleanser to use. It doesn't over dry which even if you have oily skin like me, is very important. Often times you won't know if your cleanser is overdrying your face because your body will produce more oil to make up for it, and then you'll have more acne!

Second, you need a good exfoliator to clean away all of the dead skin and gunk that clogs your pores to begin with. You have to be careful because a lot of exfoliators are so harsh on the skin that they can actually open up small microscopic sores that bacteria nestles inside of and creates acne. My favorite exfoliator is TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar). This one leaves your face feeling o so fresh! Also, what's best is that this exfoliator also doubles as the product you need for step 4 :)

Third, a good spot treatment is needed! The standard benzoyl peroxide and salycilic acid treatments tend to stop working before you even finish the first tube so it was hard for me to find one that worked really well. Because I liked the exfoliator so much, I tried TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! by the same brand and it has worked flawlessly!

Fourth, a good mask that helps pull the impurities and bacteria from under the skin is needed about 2 to 3 times a week. Yes MEN, even you guys should use this! My boyfriend doesn't have as bad of an acne problem as I do, but the acne he did have was remedied by just this step alone! TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar) is the same product as step 2 but instead of using it as a wash, you apply it to your damp face and let it dry for 15 minutes before using water to wash it off.

If you do all 4 of these steps, I promise you'll have much much much clearer skin :)
77 comments|202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2016
I'm a 42yr old woman with dry skin. I purchased this because it reportedly has a ph of 5.5 (important for facial cleansers to prep your skin for products) and it's moisturizing.

This cleanser does moisturize, but maybe a little too much because it leaves my face feeling like there's a film of lotion leftover. This cleanser doesn't foam up at all, which I guess is good since it's supposed to be moisturizing, but my skin just doesn't feel clean after using it.

The good thing is that it's definitely very gentle. My skin hasn't reacted badly, and the cleanser doesn't leave my skin feeling tight.

If you have very, VERY dry skin, then I think this would work great for you.
on July 17, 2015
My skin isn't too terrible but I thought I would try this to get rid of some of my blackheads. I used it for about 3 weeks and my skin just got worse and worse. More and more breakouts so I stopped using it. This is just my experience but it didn't work well at all for me.
on October 21, 2015
I thought this would help my face clear of acne, but after a week's use, it made me break out with small pimples all over my face. Especially on my nose, cheeks, and temples. I believe it was possibly clogging my pores. If your skin is finicky, I warn you to be careful with this, for it may cause you to break out too.
on November 17, 2015
My skin went a little crazy on this stuff... broke out for weeks after using it. I tried to switch from LUSH brand, which tends to be harsh but does not give me breakouts, to this stuff which is significantly cheaper. I guess I will go back to Lush...
on August 31, 2015
Of course everyone has their own skin types and needs. From what i was reading i was expecting that it would be a nice facial cleaner that would be easier on my face than oxyclean. I used for about 2 weeks and broke out fairly bad and had to stop using it.
on February 10, 2015
Nothing to write home about, just OK. I like my face to feel SUPER clean and this apparently has some type of moisturizer in it, so it does not leave my face squeaky clean. I moisturizer AFTER I clean, so I want that super clean feeling BEFORE I apply moisturizer.
on December 7, 2014
I'm mixed on this review! I am 30 and dealing with acne for the first time in my life. I heard the reviews and gave this a go!

I don't know if I just have really sensitive skin. It the ingredients acid and niacin made my face super flush like beer red, dry and itchy. I want to love this and keep using it but I don't know if I can work around the side effects.

Also, I wax my eyebrows every two weeks and this is my two week mark with CeraVe and it ripped skin off!!! It's so bad. :(

I do kind of like the way my skin has kind of cleared up but it hurts to rub my eyes, my skin is just super thin now....you decide! I'm surprised no one has talked about the flushing, itching or anything like that. Maybe it's just me! :(
on February 29, 2016
I have tried and tried to get along with this product, but it almost feels like trying to wash my face with hand cream. It never feels like a can fully rinse it thoroughly from my skin, leaving me feeling like I didn't get a full cleanse.