5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

CAUTION - compromised product!!!

I love CeraVe normally, but this product came unsealed and was watery as though someone had diluted it down by at least 50%. Since it wasn't sealed and it was questionable about the quality of product and safety of use, I threw the container with contents away. I will not buy this product on Amazon again.

I love to...
Published 12 months ago by UTblue

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, September 1, 2013
This review is from: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, 16 Ounce (Misc.)
I have suffered for the past 3 years with sores all over my body from not being able to stop picking at them when they become irritating. It left me with unsightly scars and scabs. People thought I had chicken pox or chewed alive by mosquitos. I also suffer from repeated cellulitis infections on my face from rosacea that is very sensitive and I spend more months out of the year on antibiotics than I don't. I've been using CeraVe cream for about 1 month now, everyday, and have had the most incredible results. All the scabs have healed up. I still have scars but there is a noticeable reduction in visibility of them. I still get mild crawling sensations that I find myself reaching to scratch at, but because I no longer encounter a rough spot, I no longer scratch open my skin leading to more scabs and scars, so the cycle of scratch-itch-scratch seems to be broken. My skin is silky smooth, and I can shave my legs with a razor again instead of using Nair hair remover. And I haven't used a razor in 3 years - to me that is amazing, lol.

If there ever was a product I stood behind 100% it would be CeraVe. I also purchased some organic tea tree oil soap to use on my face and body and I started using that about 2 months ago. I did notice a small amount of improvement on my face and skin from that product. But it wasn't until I started applying CeraVe that I had a significant change. My face is the most changed. All my blemishes are gone, My skin is soft and radiant looking again. I was diagnosed with rosacea in 2009 and before that had maybe 1 pimple every time I got my period. I was always praised for my "peaches and cream" complexion, so it was really devastating to deal with severe rosacea -peeling skin like I always had a sunburn, blemishes, sores, and worst of all the hidden pockets of infection that would develop into painful lumps (cellulitis) that I would need to be on antibiotics for. It got so that all I had to do was call in to the doctor's office to have them call in a prescription for antibiotics - I no longer needed an appointment to get it because they were so familiar with my case. I am literally crying as I write this review as I have never been more grateful for something than I am for CeraVe. I have since purchased their face moisturizer with sunscreen from Walmart and it works well but I don't think it would have healed me initially like the cream did. The cream is what really worked for me though and I use it nightly. The biggest fear I had about this product was that it would cause my rosacea to worsen because it was a cream, but I gave it a shot because it said it was non-comodongetic which means it doesn't cause pimples, and it doesn't!

One problem I had that wasn't really an issue for me was Keratosis (prickly, bumpy skin) on my upper arms - it was mild - but that is all but gone as well from use of the cream. At this time, I am going through about 1 tub of the cream in 5 weeks, but I am also overweight so I have more area to cover so others can expect to use less of the product. It is worth every single penny. It's worked so well, my sister bought it just because of my success and she doesn't have any skin issues and can get by using the cheaper lotions from the local stores but she likes how soft my skin is. Please, if you have any kind of skin issues such as I had, do not hesitate to order this product. Use it everyday and I will guarantee that you will see results.

There is only one, very small, insignificant issue that annoys me. If I put it on on a hot day, or before I exercise, it makes my skin slick (not greasy, just slick). I found that, even with sweat, I would just rub the lotion back in and it was fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 24, 2014
I first learned about CeraVe from my excellent dermatologist. I've had problems with acne for over a decade [since early teenage years] and my skin in that time has transitioned from oily all over to quite dry in some parts, oily in others. I've tried dozens of products to balance my face and stop the overproduction of oil that always resulted from over-drying my skin with acne products. This moisturizer has helped clear and balance my skin, used in combination with a time-released benzoyl peroxide [AcneFree foam!]. I am also using RenuvaDerm - Anti-Aging Skin Serum! on a daily basis and  I get compliments on how glowing my skin is now.

Also, this product is an excellent value for the money and works better than moisturizers that cost 3 times this much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, disappointed in current price, September 14, 2013
This review is from: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, 16 Ounce (Misc.)
I love this product. I have eczema, asthma, and really bad allergies. My skin is always itchy and I apply this after every shower I take and before I go to bed. One 16oz container usually lasts 2 months. It is not greasy and dries fast. If I start to want to itch my skin during the day, I use Sarna Anti-itch Lotion (Sarna Sensitive Lotion 7 5 Ounce Bottle instead of itching my eczema.

I am really disappointed that Amazon keeps raising the price on this, every time I look at the product it is sold by a different seller, fulfilled through Amazon. I understand cost can increase over time and with different sellers, but the product cost has not increased when I compare at other stores. This product is actually less expensive to buy at Walmart right now at $14.97 ([...] If it were not for the convenience and no tax, I would not buy this product on Amazon right now. I started paying for this product at $12.63 in July 2012. It slowly has risen to $15.64 and $15.98 (current prices, two different sellers). The last time I bought this at the end of June 2013, I paid $14.96.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 2, 2009
This was recommended to me by my dermatologist and has worked wonders. I am probably the most extreme case when it comes to dry/temperamental skin and this stuff meets the challenge of quenching my skin's thirst for moisture. For those of you who wonder if this stuff will work for you, let me tell you about my case:

Where I live, the wind chill is often below 0 and temperatures are usually in the teens during winter. I live and work in an environment with electricity-based heating, which means extremely dry air if you didn't already know. I bathe more frequently than the average person due to being an athlete (excessive bathing is also bad for the skin). And to top it off, my skin is already extremely sensitive to any kind of irritation to begin with.

My dermatologist confirmed that this product may be used on both the face and body. I have been using it this way for about 6 months now and I have seem dramatic improvements in the condition of my skin. It should also be noted that my skin is extremely prone to break out and the use of this product has resulted in startling improvements in the quality and clarity of my skin considering I am not using any other treatment. I would buy this stuff by the gallon if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is quite amazing - better than high end moisturizers, February 17, 2012
I've tried a ton of different moisturizers, and nothing has ever knocked my socks off except this. I have very dry skin and my winters are usually spent battling dry patches. I've been using Cerave for about a month and my skin is smooth and moisturized...in the winter. I have a dewy smooth look after applying my foundation instead of a dry patchwork with makeup stuck to the dry spots. Yay!

I was very skeptical after reading about this on some of the beauty forums, and even after using it for the first time. It absorbs very quickly and completely - which was very different from the heavy high end moisturizers I have used over the years. But, after consistent use, I have seen a major difference and not a single dry patch! I also have had NO problems with clogged pores or millia as I have with other heavier moisturizers. Cerave is skin-smoothing and moisturizing for me. It contains both ceramides and hyaluronic acid.

I have used Philosophy Hope in a Jar, Clinique Dramatically Different, Fresh Black Tea Cream, Aveeno moisturizers, Lancome Moisturizers, Credentials 02 Day + Night, Neutrogena Healthyskin, Ponds Dry Skin Cream, and for me, Cerave has outperformed them all and at a competitive price to boot. Win-win for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw away your expensive face creams!, November 30, 2013
This review is from: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, 16 Ounce (Misc.)
I use this all over including my face. I have stopped using the expensive aging creams - this stuff is INCREDIBLE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for Ichthyosis. The best cream I have used., September 5, 2013
This review is from: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, 16 Ounce (Misc.)
First of all I have Ichthyosis; specifically Epidermolytic Hyperkeratosis. One of the worst genetic skin disorders out there. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. My skin is SUPER sensitive, very red, extremely dry, my skin sheds like crazy, it cracks and bleeds in the winter, I can't sweat so i'm at high risk for heat strokes.

I have tried countless products that I have lost count years ago. When my dermatologists recommend a new lotion or cream i'm usually skeptical put I decided to try CeraVe. and after two weeks i'm very impressed. My skin is significantly less scaly, red and dry. It leaves my skin silky smooth.

I have used Amlactin, Keri, Eucerin, Vanicream Etc and they all just make my condition worse.

I'm currently using their new renewing SA cream version of this original cream and so far so good!

I put this on after the shower and it keeps the dryness away all day!

After adopting this cream into my regimen my skin is the best it has EVER been. Its smooth, clear and less red. Sometimes it looks like I don't have ichthyosis.

1.0 out of 5 stars CereVe Moisturizing Lotion is Watery - Don't Buy From Atlas Supply Chain Consulting Services!!, July 29, 2013
CAUTION - compromised product!!!

I love to shop on Amazon and have had very few problems with any products purchased through Amazon. I believe it came from the supplier compromised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Try the CREAM CeraVe instead if your skin is dry, November 29, 2008
pOOdle mOmma "Lori" (Fort Wayne, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This is good for someone who has sensitive skin (non-irritating). Though it quenches dry skin immediately, within 10 minutes or so you need to apply more to attain the "just moisturized feeling." When I did this a few times I noticed a slightly gritty build-up; I personally prefer the CeraVe Cream.

CeraVe Cream is far superior and leaves your skin soft, NOT greasy (notice this is lotion, and so far they only sell cream in a tub or 2 oz. tube - not in a pump). I have severe skin problems and use prescription medications under the Cereve Cream, I apply the cream, then I use a barrier cream called Tetrix (made by Coria, the makers of CeraVe). If you have problems with your hands I highly recommend you speak to your physician about Tetrix. It has been a lifesaver. The CeraVe cream has also been wonderful.

Nurse in Indiana

5.0 out of 5 stars CeraVe moisturizing cream, August 31, 2013
This review is from: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, 16 Ounce (Misc.)
My dermatologist recommended this product to use at bedtime on my face. It moisturizes
and pampers my skin without any oily residue.

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, 16 Ounce