4.0 out of 5 stars addicting game

Published on May 16, 2010 by Amazon Prime Shopper

4.0 out of 5 stars addicting game, September 25, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
I enjoy playing Mahjongg - which I knew the game as Taipei. Such a simple little game and so addicting. Just what I need at the end of the day. Still keeps my brain active and yet relaxing. When you finish one puzzle, it will give you the next one in succession. The adventure mode is interesting and tells you a story along the way. This game is downloaded from Amazon and the price is great. Can't go wrong with that combination. Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game and great improvement over the usual plain vanilla game, September 22, 2010
Lawrence Brown "Larry Brown" (HOUSTON, TX United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
Fantastic game and great improvement over the usual plain vanilla game
This is an awesome game. It has great cartoon style graphics of the rainforest and Mayan pyramids, etc. It leads you on adventures past various famous actual Mayan sites like Tikál (Guatemala) and Copán (Honduras). It features various Mayan flavored tilesets and photographic backgrounds of rain-forest, beach, waterfall, pyramids, etc. It also features some fantastic rain-forest flavored music. I actually don't know what Mayan music should sound like, but this music sounds like African jungle music and I also noticed some Peruvian sounding pan-flutes. It's good music on an absolute scale and also contributes heavily to the rain-forest adventure atmosphere. It also features archeological sound effects like heavy stone tablets sliding open, monkeys, birds, and (presumably) Mayan natives grunting (sometimes in tune with the music).

The game is a big improvement over the usual Mahjongg game in several ways: The entire game is slickly produced and operates smoothly, more so than expected. The Mayan theme is used throughout: the cursor, help windows, tiles, backgrounds, music and sound effects, lettering, command buttons, every single thing that you see on the screen has a Mayan theme. The game opens up new features (like tilesets) as you progress through it. Most importantly, this version of Mahjongg elevates the usual simply one-dimensional game into an actual game with time awards, multiple levels, a storyline, surprise features, and special bonus tiles (for example a wildcard tile). In "adventure" mode, you work your way through a Mayan adventure by visiting Mayan sites (starting with El Gran Jaguar in Tikál) and solving a Mahjongg puzzle at each site. When you solve the puzzle, then you move on to the next Mayan site, possibly adding some game features along the way. I won't spoil the surprise of the bonus tiles. An additional delightful surprise is a comic book intro story in the vein of Indiana Jones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Think twice before ordering downloadable softwear from Amazon, May 16, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
I had ordered this game for my stand alone laptop and thought I could back it up on a cd and then load it to my other computer. Well guess what, no way will Amazon.com allow this. You HAVE to be able to get online through their downloader....the software is not really yours even though you buy it....hummm...go figure....you will be unable to use it on any computer NOT connected to the internet. Shame on you Amazon for not allowing for software belonging to a customer to be backed up offline!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, but . . ., December 24, 2010
Alex (Northern Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
It's a fun game, but it insists on minimizing itself at random when I click on a tile. I'm using a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Uninstalled the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Change of pace fun., May 21, 2014
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
I have many forms of Mahjongg so that I can experience a variety of the game. Playing against the clock keeps me challenged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Version, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
Been playing this one for years but lost it when my laptop took a dive. Made my day when I found it on Amazon. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting!, December 5, 2013
Karla S "Morgan St. Aubin" (Black Creek, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
Music is great, the pieces have great design options and the puzzles are moderately difficult but not impossible to solve. I had another puzzle that had puzzles that could not possible be solved and this one is a much better option!

5.0 out of 5 stars journey, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
the mahjong story journeys give you so many different patterns,for you to solveAnd the journey is challenging !.
Great game

3.0 out of 5 stars Mahjonng Ancient Mayas, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
It is "Just ok." Pretty much the same as all the other mahjongg games, it just has a bit of a different look. nothing special.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Mayans mahjong, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download] (Software Download)
your download worked .I got it to work after a few phone calls to friends and an hour of trying.

after that I enjoyed the game.

Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas [Download]