Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Size: Pack of 1Change

on November 20, 2011
I know the general consensus seems to be that the roll-on version of Certain Dri is better, but those of us with sensitive skin that is prone to irritation can't really rely on such an option. Luckily, the solid version has been working great for me. I get absolutely no irritation or any unpleasant side effects really. The solid DOES work as well as the roll-on, but it depends on the person and it takes a while longer before your excess perspiration gets under control.

When I started using this stuff I used the higher end of the suggested number of swipes: 6. And even then, I noticed only a slight change for the better for the next few days. However, after about a week there was a drastic change and at about 2 weeks of nightly use, I am totally dry under my arms - all day, every day, under all circumstances. I've dropped down to only 4 swipes per arm, but still every night and I no longer have to worry about feeling uncomfortable with excess perspiration. I also use an additional anti-perspirant/deodorant (Old Spice Sweat Defense) in the morning after showering and the combined effect of the two keeps my underarms dry and smelling great.

So I'd say definitely give Certain Dri Solid a trial run if you have sensitive skin or have had to stop using the roll-on version - and stick with it for at least 2-3 weeks before deciding it doesn't work for you.

*4/8/12 UPDATE*: Well after using this product for so long I must say it has held up quite well. I now do 4 swipes per underarm each night because I find that that controls my perspiration the best. This product really is a savior for those of us with excessive underarm sweat.

*8/27/12 UPDATE*: Roughly 4 months since my last update and Certain Dri solid stick has betrayed me. After working quite well for roughly 5-6 months, its effectiveness against my excess sweating has worn off and it has gotten to the point that I may as well not even put it on anymore. For this reason, I've docked 1 star from my previous rating. The solid may still work well for people who have a much less severe issue with excessive perspiration. I've done what most people seem to suggest and went and purchased the roll-on version despite my hesitation due to my sensitive skin. I'm happy to report: so far so good.

I've only been using the roll-on for 2 nights but I'm noticing it's already working much better than the solid ever did. If you have similar hesitations about trying the roll-on like me, I can't stress this more: READ THE DIRECTIONS AND FOLLOW THEM CAREFULLY. So many people who have written about irritation and rashes fail to follow the directions and apply the roll-on after bathing or shaving their armpits, which will sting like a hornets' nest under your arm. My current regimen is to put on Certain Dri roll-on at bedtime (as instructed) and regular Old Spice deodorant (not antiperspirant, so as to save my white shirts from yellow aluminum stains) in the morning after showering. I only hope that the roll-on holds up for the long run. More updates to come.

*9/21/12 UPDATE*: Well after almost a month of using Certain Dri Roll-On I must say I'm very happy with the results. The roll-on has been far more effective than the stick and I've experienced none of the negative side effects some people have. I hardly sweat anymore, even when working out at the gym. It took about a week and a half to two weeks before I saw a dramatic reduction in my under arm perspiration. I still apply it every night but when I feel fully comfortable with it I might experiment with every other night, etc. I wrote an in-depth review of the roll-on and it is posted under that product page. Very happy that I've found something that finally works.

*7/3/14 UPDATE*: Not sure if anyone cares anymore, but I figured I'd update and say that I have stopped using both the stick and the roll-on for sometime. I still stand by that the roll-on works much better than the stick but somehow my body chemistry changed and I don't have the sweating issue I had at the time of writing this review. I still highly recommend the product for people who do excessively sweat - it's a life-saver. On the other hand, I'd caution long-term use of this product as the aluminum present may have potentially dangerous consequences. The aluminum will also paint your white shirts with yellow stains in the underarm region; I've had to dispose of quite a few because of this. Fin.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
I am an axillary hyperhidrosis sufferer (some excessive sweating of the pits) and in a quest for some relief tried almost all types of anti-perspirant available. I tried Certain Dri Roll-On, but found just 1-2 strokes wasn't effective enough for me. If I used 8 or so to cover my whole pit, it was more effective, but the itching was too severe then to make it usable (basically couldn't fall asleep cause my pits itched too much). So I gave up on Certain Dri Roll-On and tried other approaches.

With still no relief on other approaches, I came back to Certain Dri Roll-On, BUT in combination with the Certain Dri Solid. Before bed, I use 2-4 strokes of the Certain Dri Roll-On, then leave it for just a bit to dry, and then use 4-6 swipes of the Certain Dri Solid anti-perspirant. With only 2-4 strokes of the Roll-On it's not as itchy, and even if it is a bit, I find the Certain Dri Solid provides a bit of relief.

My armpits are FINALLY dry (85-90% reduced or more) after having tried at least 10 other anti-perspirant options (including prescription ones) with no success. This approach paired up with a Thompson Tee (new company that makes t-shirts with sew-in sweat guards under the armpits that are WAY more comfortable than any other sweat guards I have used (tried a bunch) - gotta search it on Google) for those more intense circumstances where my hyperhidrosis may act up, has been a bullet proof solution for me. Hope others find some success with this too.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2010
I started out using the roll on which is great but a little irritating to the skin. The stick is much better.
on May 1, 2012
I am a physically active, middle-aged guy with profuse underarm perspiration issues. After months of experimentation with either ineffective or irritating products, I started using Certain Dri Solid over a year ago and have been delighted with the results.

I easily tried over 20 other products to combat my perspiration. Certain Dri roll-on was effective, as was Drysol, for which my dermatologist wrote a prescription. However, both of these products drove me to distraction with itching and burning: the inflammation was too high a price to pay for dryness.

Degree Clinical Protection did a reasonably good job of combatting perspiration. Yet, it left an uncomfortable residue and did not keep me dry 100% of the time. Moreover, I really disliked the product scent offerings: I prefer odorless.

Certain Dri Solid has proven to be the perfect product for me. Although there have been isolated and rare occasions in which it was ineffective in stopping perspiration (perhaps 5-6 times in 15 months), it still is highly effective, as it is easy to use, does not stain clothing, leaves no disagreeable residue, and is odorless. My only qualification is that I have found that I must be very disciplined about using it as directed. Also, although effectiveness lasts beyond 24 hours, I have not experienced it lasting even close to the 72 hours claimed. Bottom line: I put it on every night and am delighted to do so, as it works.

Reliable protection from perspiration
Not scented
Easy to use
Does not stain clothing

Must be punctilious about using as directed (but be prepared to use every night, if necessary)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2014
I lost a lot of weight and gained a bit of it due to an injury that has prevented me from exercising. I find that when I was heavier, I did tend to sweat a lot more. Also, I sometimes sweat at the office when I do light walking or talked to people during presentations, etc. I don't think I particularly have hyperhidrosis, but it was definitely horrible to see sweat stains on my shirts and then to have them ruined. I tried many different deodorants/antiperspirants including dove, secret, and degree clinical strength. None of these helped. I tried this the first time fearing for my armpits as I've heard horrible stories about how it can burn and make you feel itchy. Luckily for me, the first night that I used it, it did not itch or burn at all. The next day, I noticed I was very dry throughout the day. At some points in the afternoon, I did feel slightly wet. I checked my armpits expecting sweat stains on my shirts, but there were none. If anything, I found a very tiny sweat mark...barely noticeable. This gave me hope that if I continue treatment, it will eventually work 100% not 98%. I highly recommend it. It might be good for folks who are sensitive to the roll on one. I still recommend you use some type of deodorant/antiperspirant in the morning to feel fresh.

The effect wore off after 1 month. I recommend the roll on. I haven't had bad reaction to it. The only time it felt itchy was when I over applied. I've been using the roll on for 2 months, and it has worked great. I even use it every 3 days or 2 depending on the temperature.
on February 11, 2013
Best deodorant on the market - I've tried them all! The Certain Dri roll on can sting a bit when used after shaving - the solid does not and still works as well.
on March 2, 2013
Actually i bought the roll on certain dri and it really works, but my skin is so sensitive that i decided to switch for the solid one.
on June 24, 2014
I'm a 33 year old active female and for the first time since I can remember I can wear anything and feel confident that I will not sweat. I use A.M. only in the morning and Certain DRI Solid at night as directed. I wait until my arm pits are extremely dry, about 30 secs and then apply it. My armpits are waxed and I am sure that helps. Trust me, you can feel it if it does not go on right. I do not feel any discomfort but there is a little stinging, it does go away 5 secs afterwards, very tolerable. I am extremely happy with this purchase and recommend it to anyone who excessively sweats. It is an amazing feeling to finally feel comfortable in your own clothing.
on March 17, 2015
Ive only been using this for two days and it has already cut down my sweating about 50%. I have bad hyperhydrosis, so i bought this one and the liquid roll on certain dry. I found that the roll on works better and faster, but makes my armits very irritated ans itchy. The solid doesnt work as well as the liquid but is still a GREAT product. The solid also doesnt irritate or itch my under arms which is great. All in all, a great product!
on September 12, 2015
It took a week or so to take effect, but I am not sweating anymore as a result of day-to-day functions! I still sweat when exercising, but that's okay to me. I use this as directed at night every 2-3 days and a regular deodorant in the morning for a good smell. This product is godsend!

See 1 answered question