Color Name: Black + White
Update 1-5-2014

I have become aware that other companies are offering lightning cables with this brand name on them and they are counterfeit knockoffs. The cables as shown here are only offered directly from The Friendly Swede. They will only be shipped from Amazon. Fake cables are made with cheaper wire and without the internal Apple chip that allows your Apple devices, that use lightning cables, to recognize that this is an MFI approved cable. Make sure you are buying from a reputable supplier that stands behind their product. Buying a fake cable results in a purchase that will not work with your Apple product and you have just wasted your money and time.

I have been using these cables, made by The Friendly Swede, every day and they are working perfectly. I use one on my computer to sync with iTunes and charge my devices and I use the other on an iPad Air to charge it nightly. They are very good quality and they have performed well.

-------------

This is a very good product at a great price. You get two Apple Certified Lightning cables that are 6 ½ feet long. One cable like this cost $29.00 from Apple. These cables are twice the length of the cables that come with your product so you can reach from the wall charger to the top of a dresser or a desk easily. (I actually hate those 39 inch cables From Apple as they are just too short.)

You get one black and one white lightning cable and they work in charging and data synchronizing your devices with iTunes on your computer. I show this in my video. If you use a non-certified Apple cable the latest versions of IOS 7 devices will flash a message that an Apple non certified cable has been inserted and it may not work with your device. I show that message in my video for your information. These Friendly Swede cables worked perfectly and do not flash the message as they actually use the original Apple Lightning cable connectors. Apple has inserted a chip into their lightning plugs that your smart device reads and if the chip is missing then you will get the error message. This is another way that Apple is trying to control the accessories market and make money out of everything that works with an Apple product.

These Friendly Swede cables are well made and high quality. They are identical to the Apple cables. They come with a lifetime warranty! I liked this product a lot and I rated it as a 5 star item.

I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 12, 2013
Color Name: Pink + BlueVerified Purchase
Really nice long cord. Fun colors. No error message. Works with iOS 7. Fits through the Lifeproof 5s case perfectly. I just received the cord so I'll update on longevity.
review image review image review image
Color Name: Black + WhiteVerified Purchase
I am a fan of Apple products - mostly because I don't have time in my day to figure out how to fix things, and they work together well. BUT, the one thing I really dislike is that the iPhone and iPad come with three foot cords. It is as though Apple thinks we will be using these on our computer instead of in a USB outlet to charge them! Sorry, Apple, it doesn't work for me.

So, when The Friendly Swede offered me "first chance" to test these out, I jumped on it. Six and a half feet means I can actually plug these in where they belong - NOT charge them on my computer. They both worked instantly when plugged into phone and computer, both charging and connecting to iTunes. Everything worked seamlessly.

I have purchased cords that aren't made by Apple before, and most of them are very cheap, so I was worried. I shouldn't have been in this case! These are thick and sturdy cables, actually sturdier than the ones offered by Apple with their product.

Is Certified by Apple important? Sadly, yes! Apple has a configuration built into cords and devices now that communications (now that we have IOS 7) to your device whether it is certified. It means that many cheaper knockoffs will no longer work with your device - or will work to charge them, but not to connect to your computer. This is NOT the fault of the device, it is a built in Apple thing ... and, yes, it bugs me. They claim it is for protection of the device ... but it also is very restrictive on trade.

Five stars - AND certified by Apple. I am using one to keep my phone charged and one as a spare!

Edited - after nearly a year of constant use, I noticed a bit of wear around the top and decided to order another cable to replace the one I had been taking with me everywhere. After reviewing my choices, I chose to BUY these cables again. You know, we often post reviews for items we have been given, but the true test comes long after the original review - when we have to decide whether the seller's items are the ones we want. In this case, it was! Continued Five Stars
Color Name: Pink + Blue
I saw the logo on these cables as soon as I took them out of the box and I had to smile. It's a moose! The moose is sort of the animal mascot for us up here in northern Minnesota. You'll find moose all over in the decor of the homes, stores and restaurants up here. So when I opened up these cables and saw the little moose on them, I thought they were just too cute.

After untying them from their packaging, I discovered just how long they were. Way longer than the lighting cable that came with my iPad Mini. With these cable, I'm able to sit in bed and actually use my iPad while it's charging. With the shorter cable that came with my iPad Mini, I can't use my iPad and have it plugged in at the same time. I charge my iPad using a lighting cable and a wall outlet USB adapter, and the outlet is too far away from my bed using the standard size cable. With these, I have the extra length now to use my iPad even when it's charging.

I love the colors too. Everything these days comes in a standard white or black option (which my husband always chooses), so when I also have the chance to get something in a fun color, I do. The pink is a bright candy pink, and the blue is a fun medium pool blue. Easy to find when they're mixed in with all the other white and black electronics cables.

These cables charge my iPad Mini perfectly and are very well made. Nothing cheap feeling or flimsy about them. If you're looking for a new lighting cable that comes in fun colors and has plenty of length to it, so you can use your devices even while they are charging, these are an awesome choice!

Sample provided for review.
on November 28, 2013
Color Name: Pink + BlueVerified Purchase
I have purchased and returned two charging cords because my device would not allow the cables to charge over 80%. I finally gave up and ordered a 1 meter and a 2 meter charging cord from the Apple store for my iPad 5 Air. They cost $54.00. For two Lightening to USB cords! Then these arrived. They work great! They come in an official looking box and both cords charge the iPad Air to 100%. And I love the colors.
Color Name: Pink + Blue
Do you like holding your toaster next to the wall because the cord is too short? I don't either and one thing I never liked about the Apple cords, especially for my iPad, was that they were simply too short. Many times I found myself sitting close to an outlet because I had a low charge on my iPad and had high interest in looking at something. I was simply too lazy or forgetful to have done an overnight charge. If you have an iPhone undoubtedly you've experienced a similar dilemma.

Each cable is a whopping 6.5 feet long, a length that adds to the functionality of any Apple device. I can now charge my iPad from an AC adapter in a receptacle in my wall and use it at the same time. Gone are the days when I have to guard the cables for my Apple products. I misplaced one once and was almost frantic in my search to find it. Yes, I've had plenty of 8- and 30-pin connectors for Apple products, but they just weren't the same. Not at all.

FEATURES:

► Bundle of 2 premium 8-pin lightning USB charge sync cables certified by Apple
► Total length 6.5 feet (2 meters), individual retail package with 2 assorted colors
► Compatible with Apple iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPad mini Retina Display/iPad Mini, iPad Air 2013, iPad 4, iPod Touch 5 & iPod Nano 7
► These USB 2.0 cables connect your iPod, iPhone or iPad - directly or through a Dock - to your computer's USB port for efficient syncing and charging or to the Apple USB power adapter for convenient charging from a wall outlet
► CE, FCC certified, RoHS compliant - Premium quality accessories - Lifetime Warranty

The wire on these cables is a good 1/8" thick and very, very sturdy. The "Friendly Swede" logo is on the face of the connector. I've had more than one vendor claim that they couldn't add an Apple certified cable with their device because it would add an addition premium to the cost, a steep one.

According to the packaging, these cables and their "Made for" logos indicate "that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards." These cable really have had to pass rigorous standards to meet Apple's requirements. They definitely met mine and are perfect for dressing those Apple products. Oh, and the lifetime warranty is a bonus I can live with.

Sample provided for review.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 7, 2014
Color Name: Pink + BlueVerified Purchase
The cables came incredibly quickly. One cord worked with the iphone but not the ipad air. The company contacted me to see if I was happy and immediately offered to send me another set for free. WOW. By that time I had found that the other cable worked with the ipad soI told them I was fine. AND THEY REFUNDED ME HALF THE PRICE for my time and trouble. Come on...no one does business like that. Buy from the Friendly Swede
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 9, 2013
Color Name: Pink + BlueVerified Purchase
I fell in love with these when I first got them. They charge my phone fast as ever!
Don't even get me started on the length!!!!!! I can finally lay in bed comfortably & not worry about bending my cord.
I got the pink & blue ones. They work great & are cute colours. I don't have any issues with syncing my iPhone 5 either. It works perfectly.
These are worth the price because I love the idea of a lifetime warranty. But I doubt I'll be using that warranty any time soon for they work great.
Thanks for making my holidays :)
on January 18, 2014
Color Name: Black + WhiteVerified Purchase
I have no complaints regarding this product or the seller. The seller truly is friendly and lives up to their name. Very high quality product, charges quickly, and is a good length. Overall, I highly recommend this product. Buy it. Now. You need it, trust me.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 15, 2014
Color Name: Pink + BlueVerified Purchase
These seem like very high quality cords. That being said if you have an Otterbox Preserver case these will not work. The plastic around the prong is thicker than the standard Apple cord and just wont insert far enough through the case to allow charging.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations