Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OCAJP Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 Programmer Practice Exams
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2012
It works great! Theres 6 exams in this book, I made them all, never taking more than 2h30m:
1: 70%
2: 79%
3: 81%
4: 76%
5: 81%
6: 76%
Real exam: 96% in 2h

Of course, I also studied 2 other books but, as there are no books for JAVA SE7 yet, they were all about JAVA SE6.

Advice: make all exams and review all questions you fail or have doubts.

1 bad point:
The last exam in this book only has 89 questions, not 90.
55 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
This is an excellent book. It might be a little discouraging when you take the first test, but when you review the questions you will realize your weak points. This book prepares you extremely well for the actual exam. The level of difficulty is not as high on the actual exam, but there were questions on the actual exam that very closely mirrored these questions.

One word of advice, do the practice tests before doing the chapter wise questions, as most of those chapter wise questions were on the actual practice tests. If you do the chapter reviews first, you would have already covered a lot of the questions on the practice tests and there wouldn't be any point of doing the tests as a whole. However in either case, you will still get a very good set of questions to practice.

Since this is only a book of tests, I would recommend Mala Gupta's book on OCA.

My score on the actual exam was a 93%. Here were my scores from the test, as you can see, they were significantly lower but they geared me very well for the actual test.

Test 1: 72%
Test 2: 67%
Test 3: 73%
Test 4: 72%
Test 5: 84%
Test 6: 73%

Final : 93%

Hope this helps. All in all, an excellent purchase at a very cheap price ($10, and it becomes available instantly, no need to wait for delivery!! )
on July 16, 2012
Very good book for preparing your certification for the Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 exam. Have plenty of examples and very good explanations covering every target topic. There is also a forum to ask or review other reader's questions, what makes the experience more interactive than a plain book.

Without this book I would have failed the exam, it really made the difference. Bought this book 5 days ago, and I'm just just coming back with my exam approved. Have learned more Java in these 5 days than in the last 3 years !!!!

Totally recomended.
4 - 67%
5 - 73%
6 - 73%

Real Exam - 88%

Take all the practice exams, and make sure to review all the questions, not just the ones you got wrong, and I don't see how you could possibly fail the real thing.
77 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2014
Thought I'd add to the praise of this as a guide before the real test. I think there are some things in here that aren't actually on the real exam, but it doesn't hurt at all. There are actually more than just 6 tests in here. In total there are 8. There is a starter test that is less questions than the real exam, 54 I believe. Then there are 6 practice exams, which are exactly that. They mirror the real exam and let you practice. Then there is the final exam, which will have completely new questions that you haven't seen in any of the other parts of the book. This is meant to be your final judge of whether you are ready or not.

This exam covers the basics of what every programmer who expects to contribute at a job should know. The real slap in the face when it comes to the exam is more the way the questions are asked than the content of the test. They do as much as they can to trip you up, so that is where this book comes in handy. Taking the practice exams really help get you used to the way the questions are worded and what to look for that might be out of place or catch you off guard.

Most of the other reviews recommend you use other materials as well, but to be honest... if you have any experience or have taken a couple classes, this book IS enough. At least I didn't feel the need, and therefore didn't use anything else.

I did however underestimate the time needed to take the tests and generally prepare. I had time to do one test a night for 5 days before my test as well as the starter test the weekend before and here were my results.

Starter: 69%
1st Test: 37%
2nd Test: 51%
3rd Test: 63%
4th Test: 61%
5th Test: 79%
Ran out of time... so took the real exam: 76%

So as you can see, I started out absolutely horrible, but I can tell you it wasn't from lack of knowledge, rather unfamiliar with questioning style. That is where this book came in as you see my score increased consistently.

In conclusion, whether you are a seasoned pro or fresh out of a community college and are going for this exam, I definitely recommend this book. Depending on your experience, you may need more materials, but if you have a grasp on the topics listed on the exam, this book is probably all you need. I definitely recommend giving yourself more than a week of time to do the practice exams though. If you do it right and take the exam followed by reviewing the explanations for each question, it WILL take you up to 4 hours per test, 2 for the exam, and 2 to grade/review. So.. good luck!
on January 23, 2013
NEVER NEVER NEVER try to enter the 1z0-803 exam without practicing all the questions of this valuable book. I only can say one word to the author: THANK YOU SIR
on June 30, 2015
I started this book only 6 days before my exam today. When I started, only got barely half correct in the starter test, although I have read Mala Gupta's book in the last month. These intense tests really gear you up for the exam. It reinforce all those concepts and show how tricky the exam question can be. About two questions in the real exam was almost the same as in the tests.
Day 1: starter test, 51%
Day 2: Test 1 58%
Day 3: Test 2 64%
Day 4: Test 3 76%; Test 4 64%
Day 5 : Test 5 68%
Day 6 : Test 6 69%; Final test 80%

Finally, I got 88% from today's 1Z0-803. I am new to coding and I am 37 years old. After learning Java for 2 quarters at community college, I am happy I could pass this exam. Hopefully get the next one done in another three months.

I highly recommend you to go through this book, even you just have several days to do the mock test, it would help a lot!
on April 13, 2014
The exams in this book worked out very well for me. The questions in this material are fairly complex as compared to the real exam. But that helps you prepare well and feel more comfortable while appearing for the real test and complete the exam well ahead of the 2 and half hours allocated for the test. Below are my scores.

1st Test - 79%
2nd Test - 76%
3rd Test - 75%
4th Test - 72%
5th Test - 78%
6th Test - 79%

Real Test - 90% taken on 4/11/14.

Good luck to all.
on April 14, 2013
For $9.99, this book is an incredible value. The questions in the book are challenging, but come with detailed explanations. The discussion board is also great. There is a separate thread for each question which can be accessed by clicking on the question number. For the harder questions, it was often helpful to read what others posted on the discussion board and the response from Enthuware. When I did post a question, the response from Enthuware was surprisingly fast.

I'm new to Java and found the Enthuware practice test questions frustratingly difficult. After spending about two weeks studying and reviewing all of the tests, I scored a 93% on my first attempt at the real exam. The exam costs $300, so it seems silly to not invest another $9.99.
on September 16, 2015
Dont take the exam without this!!!

Exam 1: 49%
Exam 2: 57%
Exam 3: 80%
Exam 4: 78%

Real Exam: 93%

I can't say enough - It really prepares you for the exam and provides great explanations.