4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality diamonds
Published on June 16, 2006 by Atomicwasteland

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but...
This is a pair of really nice earrings. I searched a lot of stores and finally get one from Amazon.com for my anniversary. Although I have to wait over 4 weeks to get it, both my wife and I like it so much. It come with a pretty box and a certificate from International Gemological Institute. The whole thing is perfect except one problem.

The only problem is...
Published on July 21, 2004 by J. Mao

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality diamonds, June 16, 2006
Atomicwasteland (Rockville, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased these earrings and I am excited about the quality but not the size. To be fair, I knew little about diamond studs until I did research on Amazon and learned a bunch over the course of a couple of weeks, but the one thing I wish I'd seen was pictures of diamond studs in "actual" size next to each other -i.e. not blown up on the screen to look pretty. The 1/4, the 1/3, the 1/2, the 3/4, and the 1 carat total weight pairs would have been nice to see all at once. Had I seen this I might have opted for the larger size (and perhaps slightly lower quality so as to afford it). Yes, you can print the helpful "actual size" report from Amazon, but this does not have any small sizes except for the 1/2 and 1 carat studs (and nothing in between).

One more thing, the gemological report that I received was NOT as detailed as the "sample" on the website. There appears to be an actual photo of my diamonds on my report but you do NOT see the drawings that show flaws and occlusions. This would have been nice. Also, there are fewer descriptive terms in the ratings than I expected. For example, on my certificate it says "G-G/G-G" for Polish and Symmetry. Although it was bound and presented well, I had hoped for something more like the sample on the website.

On the flip side, these diamonds are really high quality. I compared them to a coworkers larger studs and it was immediately apparent that these were colorless and clear (to my eyes) while the others were a bit cloudy and not as nice.

The quality of the studs was as advertised. One stud was VS-1 and the other was VS-2 and the color for both was G-H. The Total Carat Weight was 0.72 (not the 0.75 as hoped for) but this was above the guaranteed minimum spec. of 0.70.

The product was received very quickly, and was well packaged and presented. I would absolutely purchase this type of thing from Amazon again...

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but..., July 21, 2004
J. Mao (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IGI Certified Platinum 4-Prong Diamond Stud Earrings (G-H Color, VS2 Clarity) (Jewelry)

The only problem is that the back of one earring has some brown dirty rust-like things which is unacceptable. Another one has a very shining silver back. I have to return and get a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality diamond earrings at a good price, September 16, 2006
I recently received my order and was extremely pleased. This is the second pair of diamond studs that I've ordered from Amazon, and both times, I have not been disappointed. The diamonds are of very good quality as described. The IGI certification was included with the package. And according to the certification, the earrings are appraised at a value that's more than the price paid. Another pleasant surprise. I love them and would order diamonds from Amazon again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, May 14, 2009
I was looking for VS2, G-H 1cttw platinum stud earrings, which is exactly what these were. I've never gotten jewelry via the mail before, so I was a little worried.

I had nothing to worry about. These came and they are precisely what they advertised as, and precisely what I wanted. Nice job Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, good quality., July 12, 2005
Very nice quality earrings. After shopping around the stores, I find that these have all the features that I was looking for. The documentation presentation was a pleasant surprise. Extremely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything I expected, February 8, 2009
The earrings were everything I expected. They have a brilliant sparkle and the screw mounts eliminate any worry about losing them.I bought them for my wife for our 40th anniversary and she loves them. We live way out in the country and when I ordered the over night shipping I never expected to see them the next day, but they arrived that afternoon. Excellent service!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price right now, but..., August 22, 2013
AngelasAshes (Taipei, Taiwan) - See all my reviews
I got these same ones in princess cut several years ago, and the quality just seems slightly different. The platinum on this pair seems thinner, and the screwbacks and the ridges on post match less perfectly, ie. it takes a bit of effort winding these on and I'm left wondering whether I'd angled them right, whereas on the previous princess cut pair the screwbacks would spin on effortlessly and you know immediately you're doing it right. An overall less perfectly crafted feel. But the diamonds are clear and bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bling bling!, January 30, 2012
NS (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
Got the pair for my wife, last year, for our anniversary, I just did not hv time to write a review. The pair comes very speedy, a couple business days after the order.

Coming with the IGI certificate (one of the best and well-known international certificate) and a nice box; With the help of 45x "mini" microscope and 30x loupe (bought both in Amazon), I could see the certification number laser-etched at the edge of each of the diamond, each has own number. That must be a genuine pair.

The color G-H looks stunningly white, one G and the other is H, The H color has a a little bit bigger carats than the G, well balanced out. I was kinda hope both are G color, which is possible too. The clarity VS2 of each is really good looking in the loupe/microscope. The mini microscope has an LED light that light-up the look while inspecting it. It is much different compared to SI, or any I's clarity that I have just seen a few days earlier in our local stores. Only a very few "lines" in the diamond. The cut is also flawless as well as the mounts. I think that the cut and the clarity works together to reflect the "Bling" under lights. The less lines the more clear and the less distortions of light are reflected. The platinum prong feels different than the white gold, or is it just my feelings? Well, it just looks different compared to her white-gold jewelry, more "bold" silverish color. Back then I have compared the prices among some jewelers and found the Amazon's price is the best. You have to do that before ordering. I just share my experience about the quality of the stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my studs!, July 7, 2004
Takeshi Suganuma "teeker89052" (Henderson, NV United States) - See all my reviews
Just took delivery of these diamond stud earrings today (7/7/2004) and I am very very happy with them. First, the negative... but only a slight negative... I had to wait 2 and a half months for these :( But it was well worth the wait. Amazon shipped them complimentary next day air. The diamonds I received were beautiful. [...] I would definitely recommend Amazon for diamonds. Now I don't have to trek all the way to Holland and Belgium for my diamonds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for a good quality product., March 26, 2010
My wife was thrilled with her 10th anniversary gift. These are beautiful.
I was skeptical that the cut might be 'good' as was mentioned in another review but it turned out to be a 'brilliant' cut. The earrings are excellant value for the quality of the product that you get. Bought the jackets from Costco to complement the studs (best price for the quality).

So all in all an excellant purchase. Wife happy with quality and I am happy about the price. A happy ending. :-)

IGI Certified Platinum 4-Prong Diamond Stud Earrings (1 cttw, G-H Color, VS2 Clarity)
$5,985.00 $3,758.23