From the Back Cover
The Official Study Guide for Exam PW0-250 from CWNP
Prepare for the Certified Wireless Design Professional exam (PW0-250) with this CWNP Official Study Guide. This comprehensive resource covers everything you need to know for the exam, including how to develop an enterprise design strategy, industry-specific design considerations, the differences in WLAN architectures, how to conduct site surveys, advanced WLAN security design, and much more. Inside, you'll find:
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Practical methods and strategies for designing WLAN equipment, regardless of vendor and WLAN architecture
- In-depth education on radio frequency (RF) fundamentals, more detailed than the WLAN industry has seen to date
- An exploration of client devices and how they play a role on infrastructure design
- Real-world scenarios that put what you've learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- Two practice exams and over 100 flashcards on the CD to further facilitate your learning
- A handy tear card that maps the official exam objectives to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
Look inside for complete coverage of all exam objectives.
SYBEX TEST ENGINE
Test your knowledge with advanced testing software. Includes all chapter review questions and practice exams.
Reinforce your understanding with electronic flashcards.
Study anywhere, any time, and approach the exam with confidence.
About the CWNP Program
CWNP is the industry standard for vendor-neutral, enterprise WLAN certifications. The focus is to educate IT professionals in the technology behind all enterprise WLAN products and to enable these professionalsto manage wireless LAN enterprise infrastructures, regardless of the vendor solution utilized. CWNP is a privately held corporation based in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit www.cwnp.com.
About the Author
Shawn M. Jackman, CWNE #54, is a principal WLAN engineer for Kaiser-Permanente, one of the largest hospital systems in the United States. He has over 15 years of experience in information technology.
Marcus Burton, CWNE #78, is the Director of Product Development and primary content developer at CWNP. He has authored or coauthored numerous WLAN exams, including the CWTS, CWNA, CWSP, CWAP, and CWDP exams.
Matt Swartz, CWNE #57, CCIE #13232 R/S and Wireless, is a Technical Leader within Cisco's Advanced Services Wireless Practices team, where he designs, deploys, and troubleshoots large-scale wireless networks for Cisco's largest customers.
Thomas W. Head is President of Aereo Networks, a wireless consulting company. He has over 20 years of wireless experience in designing microwave radios for spacecraft and cellular networks.