Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
asked by A. dyrwal on March 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 answers
A
Morganalee answered on March 6, 2010
Comment | 51 of 68 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
EJ answered on March 7, 2010
Comment | 60 of 74 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
B. Weaver answered on March 7, 2010
Comment | 51 of 60 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 29, 2010 10:03:25 AM PDT]

A
Day wasn't a little nine-year-old when he impregnated Henrietta; he was nineteen. He was responsible for his victimization of Henrietta and he was responsible for his essential abandonment of their children after Henrietta's death. To me, it is racist to claim black men aren't responsible for their own voluntary acts--because of slavery, segregation, etc.--and helpful to those who would see them as inferior in kind to other men.
Morganalee answered on March 9, 2010
Comment | 52 of 65 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lynda Appell answered on March 11, 2010
Comment | 11 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree there should be no moral judgments in cancer diagnoses.

Not only is it a small step to victim blaming, it's a tiny one toward lionizing the bad guy: Thanks to Day's tomming around, people all over the world will benefit! For generations!

His raping his 14 year old cousing was disgusting. His being unfaithful was horrid. But keep it out of her illness unless you want to make other leaps.
Maria Beadnell answered on March 14, 2010
Comment | 13 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
He also gave her gonorrea when she had cancer.
Hope Shafer answered on March 16, 2010
Comment | 11 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not recall Skloot as saying that Day raped Henrietta.

Did I miss something?

And there was some information on Crazy Joe, another cousin of Henriettas, who perhaps fathered one of her children.

I do not recall any rape of Henrietta by either man. Perhaps it was consensual.

Another unanswered question that will probably never be answered is why Henrietta's name was never ousted from the church registry due to having children out of wedlock, evidently a common practice in Clover.
Onie Wheeler answered on March 25, 2010
Comment | 3 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Henrietta was under age. I believe this is legally true even in the South. Even if 14 is an age of consent in some states, I do not believe a 14 year old can "consent" to sex with an adult.
Maria Beadnell answered on April 1, 2010
Comment | 17 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product