Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Flavor Name: Variety Pack - Chicken & Sirloin|Size: 3.5 oz. (24 Count)|Change

on July 14, 2010
I started feeding this food (all flavors) to my senior Italian Grey when she stopped eating her dry food. I add 2oz of cooked rice to each feeding. She can't eat it fast enough. I took a pkg to my vet and he looked up the analysis of it. He was surprised at the quality. He said it was excellent for a dog her age and that it was all right for me to continue feeding it to her. He had just completed a physical on her (fecal and blood work). Every area of the blood test was in the normal range. She's a happy, healthy dog. Before this I had to coax her to eat; Today, she demands to be fed and NOW!
44 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
My Bichon needed to gain some weight, but wouldn't eat her dry food well.
So I tried mixing in this product. Then she would finish her bowl in just couple minutes!
I also used some bits to cover up her monthly medicine before giving it to her as well. Easy.
Only problem was that she would have diarrhea when fed more than 1/3 a can at at time.
(Especially with the Top Sirloin flavor)
on March 8, 2010
I don't know a lot about dogs but I thought they ate anything. The dachshund we had growing up would eat banana peels if you left them out. We rescued a Maltese (5 years ago now) and while he is healthy, he eats when he's hungry and leaves the rest. He's never like doggy treats, bones etc. and prefers human food/meat to anything for dogs. Since I've read dry food is best for dogs we feed him dry but again, he eats when hungry but doesn't lick his chops. Cesar is the best dog food I've found to add to the dry for taste. We get at least 4 feedings from one container, which make it pretty cheap. We simply mix a spoonful into the dry food for flavor and he's got the best of both worlds. If I could find a dry food tasty enough to be served solo, I would buy it but he eats such a small amount of food I don't mind making it tasty.
on September 25, 2009
Cesar Canine Cuisine Varety Pack Food Review

Grade: A

I was questionable about buying these at first, seeing that I'd be paying a dollar for an incredibly small meal my miniture dobermans would surely eat up in a minute. So I took a chance and bought the 12 pack-which includes Filet Mignon and Porterhouse Steak flavors-and my dogs ate them up! Yes, they did eat them fairly quickly, but I found that mixing two of the dinners and a big bowl full of dry food will still be tasty enough for them. Do that, and you'll get more use out of these-dogs seem to like their flavor. So although they aren't that healthy for dogs everyday (I made sure to read the inredients on the back), they're perfect for a snack or to mix with dinner.
on December 7, 2011
I divide these between my dogs, so they only get a little at a time and I water it down to make a kind of gravy. But they absolutely freaking LOVE this stuff. The ingredients are byproducts but you know what? My dogs will eat of the litter box if they get a chance, so I don't think this will harm them anymore than that would. Two Thumbs up from me!
on January 9, 2007
My dog, a toy poodle, is a very fussy eater. He would rather starve than eat something he doesn't like. He loves Cesar dog food!
on March 6, 2015
I'm going to start by saying this is the only brand/type of dog food my dog will eat. I usually had to pay anywhere from $1-$2 per bowl so this was a really great deal, especially with Subscribe & Save.

I received this shipment only one time and was feeding him the food but soon after, he started developing pretty bad diarrhea.-- At this time I was feeding him in the morning -- He was waking up in the middle of the night and sneaking into our shower to do it several times. His stool was a mixture of red & brown liquid and some gelatinous bits as well. Before eating this food he normally had one or two normal bowel movements when we'd take him outside; he was not incontinent.

He's about 11 years old so I thought maybe he was just getting older. So I started feeding him in the evening in hopes of getting him to poop in the morning instead, so at least I'd be able to take him outside as he knows it's "wrong" to relieve himself indoors so I know he feels bad about it. This did work, but I wasn't happy with the look of the stool. I work in the veterinary field so I decided to take a look at it under the microscope and found few red blood cells and a lot of motile bacteria, but that's the norm for intestinal upset.

He stayed over with my parent's for a few days and they have Cesar dog food from Walmart. His diarrhea suddenly went away. When he came back home and had the Cesar food I got here on Amazon, it started back up. So, mystery solved.

I am not sure if this was a bad batch, or maybe it went bad in shipping; as I live in Hawai`i, perhaps it didn't like the heat. Obviously I won't be trying to save money purchasing this on Amazon again. I will be contacting the seller and the dog food company just in case.

I want to again stress that Cesar's dog food is still a good food. It's really easy to feed your dog because you don't have to transfer it to a bowl that you'll need to wash. And, I will continue to feed my dog this food, but only if I'm buying it at the store.
on August 20, 2015
We have an older dog that we thought was on the way out as she was losing weight and was shaking. A friend suggested giving her soft food because maybe she couldn't chew the dry food anymore. We brought the Cesar brand and WOW, she is like a puppy again. She gained her weight back and runs around with our much younger dogs. You would never know she was 14 years old. The younger dogs respect her and don't try to eat the Cesar but when she is done they lick the plastic tray. Thank you Cesar for saving our "old lady".
on January 24, 2014
When I first bought this I was ecstatic because I had finally found something my senior, small dog with poor teeth could eat! She loved it and gobbled it right up. Then she began having horrible diarrhea with blood in her stool and I realized it was the food. :( I researched it a little more and began to realize how awful the ingredients truly are. Just be careful and watch your dog if you decide to feed them this. I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in a higher quality dog food. It's not worth risking her health.
on May 25, 2013
It is a treat for them. I went to a Lifelong Learning and the instructor was going through all the factories in his area and he said about Cesar, "You could eat it." He mispronouced the phrase, he said, "It is so clean you could probably eat it." And it is made at my home town.