5.0 out of 5 stars Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser - Great Product
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, 16.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) is a great product for daily cleansing of your skin. I also use other products including the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2). Both of these are good but work best in combination with other cleansers and exfoliants.

While the daily cleanser has more of a *cleansing*...
Published on August 2, 2008 by Mark

Published on December 25, 2010 by Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick to Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser if you have combination skin, December 25, 2010
This review is from: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, for normal to oily skin, 16.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I purchased Cetaphil for normal to oily skin on the whim to see if it was any different from their Gentle Skin Cleanser line. I have the most polar combination skin possible, my cheeks generally are extremely dry whereas my forehead becomes very oily. All these problems are compounded by my dermatologist's retinoid prescriptions for controlling my acne, I end up with flaky and irritated skin on top of my oil and dryness issues; what a pain!

If you are cursed with skin like mine, I would not recommend this cleanser. Contrary to what it says, it does not "removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin tight or overly dry." It does strip all the oils off my face, but it leaves my face feeling extremely dry, to the point where my skin feels like saran wrap, tight, plastic-like, and rubbery. In addition, the cleanser has an extremely powerful fragrance that I do not enjoy and really goes against Cetaphil's other products, which they advertise as being fragrance free for those with sensitive skin.

I will stick with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, as it is far more moisturizing, fragrance-free, and also removes facial oils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser - Great Product, August 2, 2008

While the daily cleanser has more of a *cleansing* action, the gentle cleanser is more of a *moisturizing* cleanser. Meaning that one feels like lotion but cleans the oils from your skin more gently than this one.

Some people need the gentle cleanser due to skin conditions. If you just want an all around cleanser, the daily cleanser is the way to go.

One more thing about this package from Amazon. These 16 ounce bottles are BIG and very convenient due to the built in pump. I have found that one of these bottles will easily last me 6 months using it 3 or 4 days a week. I like to mix and match and not use the same cleanser every day. That makes these big two packs a GREAT deal, as this cleanser is normally expensive anyway, especially if you only buy 1 bottle at a time.

So if you need a nice facial cleanser, choose between this one or the gentle one depending on your needs. Specialized versions are also available such as the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3).

Enjoy!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too harsh?, March 5, 2011
I have never found that perfect product that my skin jives well with. I read about cetaphil and most people talk about it like it is the 2nd coming of cleansers. Unfortunately this product caused my skin to burn and itch and break out very badly. After 3 days my nose feels like it has lizard scales and my chin and cheeks are a minefield of pimples. I have no idea how to fix the damage that this has caused. I used my regular product today and my skin still hurts.

What i'm saying is I am not sure this is for super sensitive skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this cleanser, June 28, 2012
I really like what this cleanser does for my skin. I have spent alot of money on cleansers, from the super expensive to the really cheap ones. I am always looking for the next best thing. I never thought this non scented simple cleanser would keep my skin balanced. It really works for me and I love it even more with my Clarisonic Cleanser.It doesnt foam as much as other cleansers but cleans my skin thorougly without overdrying

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cleanser at a good price, February 18, 2009
Mike M. (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Everyone's skin is unique, so cleansers work differently for different people. This one works really well for my skin type -- dry except for the T-zone. My face feels clean and pleasantly tight without being overly dry. It's a good price for a quality cleanser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver for your face, January 7, 2014
I LOVE Cetaphil. I have extremely sensitive skin and have been using Cetaphil faithfully for over 10 years. I like it so much that I keep one bottle on my bathroom counter and another in the shower. I preciously guard travel-size bottles I got from my dermatologist years ago so that I can take Cetaphil with me when I travel. I buy Cetaphil through Amazon because it's a bit cheaper than in the stores and is a great way to bump up to free shipping on other items. Come the apocalypse, I'll be ready with my supply of three or four bottles of Cetaphil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. A Regular Item in Our Grocery List, September 1, 2008
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Cetaphil is an amazing product. Our family has been using it for such a long time that I can remember. It is not sudsy like ordinary soap which makes it very easy to rinse. You will not spend a lot of time just to remove that slippery feeling when using soaps. After you dry with a face towel, you will feel the difference on your skin. Oil is gone without you face feeling stretch dry. It is very gentle.

4.0 out of 5 stars This won't fix oily skin.., May 2, 2011
This is a great product; my skin feels wonderfully clean and smooth when I use it. However, I bought this to treat my excessively oily skin, and this only achieves this for a couple of hours after I use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, May 13, 2013
This is the best facial cleanser for combination skin I have used. Cleans quickly and leaves no residue. I don't use any other cleanser for my face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 9, 2013
it works great for me. Especially during summer great product for oily skin. I use it twice daily and in a week, I can notice the difference.

Rate and Discover Movies