5.0 out of 5 stars Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser - Great Product
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, 16.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) is a great product for daily cleansing of your skin. I also use other products including the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2). Both of these are good but work best in combination with other cleansers and exfoliants.

While the daily cleanser has more of a *cleansing*...
Published on August 2, 2008 by Mark

Published on December 25, 2010 by Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick to Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser if you have combination skin, December 25, 2010
This review is from: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, for normal to oily skin, 16.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I purchased Cetaphil for normal to oily skin on the whim to see if it was any different from their Gentle Skin Cleanser line. I have the most polar combination skin possible, my cheeks generally are extremely dry whereas my forehead becomes very oily. All these problems are compounded by my dermatologist's retinoid prescriptions for controlling my acne, I end up with flaky and irritated skin on top of my oil and dryness issues; what a pain!

If you are cursed with skin like mine, I would not recommend this cleanser. Contrary to what it says, it does not "removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin tight or overly dry." It does strip all the oils off my face, but it leaves my face feeling extremely dry, to the point where my skin feels like saran wrap, tight, plastic-like, and rubbery. In addition, the cleanser has an extremely powerful fragrance that I do not enjoy and really goes against Cetaphil's other products, which they advertise as being fragrance free for those with sensitive skin.

I will stick with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, as it is far more moisturizing, fragrance-free, and also removes facial oils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser - Great Product, August 2, 2008

While the daily cleanser has more of a *cleansing* action, the gentle cleanser is more of a *moisturizing* cleanser. Meaning that one feels like lotion but cleans the oils from your skin more gently than this one.

Some people need the gentle cleanser due to skin conditions. If you just want an all around cleanser, the daily cleanser is the way to go.

One more thing about this package from Amazon. These 16 ounce bottles are BIG and very convenient due to the built in pump. I have found that one of these bottles will easily last me 6 months using it 3 or 4 days a week. I like to mix and match and not use the same cleanser every day. That makes these big two packs a GREAT deal, as this cleanser is normally expensive anyway, especially if you only buy 1 bottle at a time.

So if you need a nice facial cleanser, choose between this one or the gentle one depending on your needs. Specialized versions are also available such as the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3).

Enjoy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this cleanser, June 28, 2012
I really like what this cleanser does for my skin. I have spent alot of money on cleansers, from the super expensive to the really cheap ones. I am always looking for the next best thing. I never thought this non scented simple cleanser would keep my skin balanced. It really works for me and I love it even more with my Clarisonic Cleanser.It doesnt foam as much as other cleansers but cleans my skin thorougly without overdrying

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver for your face, January 7, 2014
I LOVE Cetaphil. I have extremely sensitive skin and have been using Cetaphil faithfully for over 10 years. I like it so much that I keep one bottle on my bathroom counter and another in the shower. I preciously guard travel-size bottles I got from my dermatologist years ago so that I can take Cetaphil with me when I travel. I buy Cetaphil through Amazon because it's a bit cheaper than in the stores and is a great way to bump up to free shipping on other items. Come the apocalypse, I'll be ready with my supply of three or four bottles of Cetaphil.

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too harsh?, March 5, 2011
I have never found that perfect product that my skin jives well with. I read about cetaphil and most people talk about it like it is the 2nd coming of cleansers. Unfortunately this product caused my skin to burn and itch and break out very badly. After 3 days my nose feels like it has lizard scales and my chin and cheeks are a minefield of pimples. I have no idea how to fix the damage that this has caused. I used my regular product today and my skin still hurts.

What i'm saying is I am not sure this is for super sensitive skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cleanser at a good price, February 18, 2009
Mike M. (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Everyone's skin is unique, so cleansers work differently for different people. This one works really well for my skin type -- dry except for the T-zone. My face feels clean and pleasantly tight without being overly dry. It's a good price for a quality cleanser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. A Regular Item in Our Grocery List, September 1, 2008
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Cetaphil is an amazing product. Our family has been using it for such a long time that I can remember. It is not sudsy like ordinary soap which makes it very easy to rinse. You will not spend a lot of time just to remove that slippery feeling when using soaps. After you dry with a face towel, you will feel the difference on your skin. Oil is gone without you face feeling stretch dry. It is very gentle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleared up my combination/oily skin!, December 13, 2011
After using several types of cleansers from Clean & Clear and Neutrogena, the Cetaphil Daily Cleanser (for normal to oily skin) is the only cleanser that has been able to wash off my makeup (Clinique concealer and mascara), clear my skin from breakouts, and NOT burn my eyes. Clean & Clear cleansers used to dry out my face and burn my eyes. Neutrogena cleansers made my face break out badly and burn my eyes a little (although not as much as Clean & Clear did). After using Cetaphil for only a few days, most of my breakouts (from my latest Neutrogena cleanser) were clearing up. After the first full week of using the cleanser, the breakouts were cleared up completely!

In total, I have been using this cleanser for about two months (if not longer), and I know that my skin hasn't been this clear since early adolescence. I definitely recommend this product for people who have combination/oily skin like me. Since I have been using this cleanser, I have had the occasional small pimple here or there, but those have gone away quickly. (A dot of anti-acne cream got rid of those.) But overall, my face has been very clear and under control, which is hard to accomplish with combination/oily skin.

**NOTE: If you have sensitive dry to normal skin, you might want to try the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (for all skin types), which I've heard works very well, or the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which has very positive Amazon reviews. Please don't confuse the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser with the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. If the Daily Cleanser (for normal to oily skin) perfectly cleans my skin, which is on the oily side (especially in the T-zone), then I can imagine how this cleanser, that works well for me, might dry out someone else's dry/sensitive skin.**

4.0 out of 5 stars This won't fix oily skin.., May 2, 2011
This is a great product; my skin feels wonderfully clean and smooth when I use it. However, I bought this to treat my excessively oily skin, and this only achieves this for a couple of hours after I use it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for overly sensitive, does not fight stubborn acne, November 6, 2010
When I started using Cetaphil, my skin was overly sensitive. It burned and turned beat red while using this and right after using it and made my eyes water. I do have oily skin so I knew I needed to keep using this if I wanted my acne to go away. Even though I used this habitually for nearly two years, I still kept getting acne. After washing my face,my skin still felt oily (especially in summer) it also felt overly dry sometimes in winter. I realize now I should have not been using it in the eye area to remove eye makeup, but I did and my eye lashes flaked out when using this.

I know it works well as a base facial cleanser for individuals with oily and more resistant skin, that is not as acne prone (I say this because there is very little if any salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it) but it did not work for me. I give this cleanser a two star and not a one because I believed it helped de-sensitize my overly sensitive skin. Now I can use more potent products with out having my skin flake off and burn.