Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)|Change

on December 25, 2010
I purchased Cetaphil for normal to oily skin on the whim to see if it was any different from their Gentle Skin Cleanser line. I have the most polar combination skin possible, my cheeks generally are extremely dry whereas my forehead becomes very oily. All these problems are compounded by my dermatologist's retinoid prescriptions for controlling my acne, I end up with flaky and irritated skin on top of my oil and dryness issues; what a pain!

If you are cursed with skin like mine, I would not recommend this cleanser. Contrary to what it says, it does not "removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin tight or overly dry." It does strip all the oils off my face, but it leaves my face feeling extremely dry, to the point where my skin feels like saran wrap, tight, plastic-like, and rubbery. In addition, the cleanser has an extremely powerful fragrance that I do not enjoy and really goes against Cetaphil's other products, which they advertise as being fragrance free for those with sensitive skin.

I will stick with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, as it is far more moisturizing, fragrance-free, and also removes facial oils.
66 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, 16.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) is a great product for daily cleansing of your skin. I also use other products including the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2). Both of these are good but work best in combination with other cleansers and exfoliants.

While the daily cleanser has more of a *cleansing* action, the gentle cleanser is more of a *moisturizing* cleanser. Meaning that one feels like lotion but cleans the oils from your skin more gently than this one.

Some people need the gentle cleanser due to skin conditions. If you just want an all around cleanser, the daily cleanser is the way to go.

One more thing about this package from Amazon. These 16 ounce bottles are BIG and very convenient due to the built in pump. I have found that one of these bottles will easily last me 6 months using it 3 or 4 days a week. I like to mix and match and not use the same cleanser every day. That makes these big two packs a GREAT deal, as this cleanser is normally expensive anyway, especially if you only buy 1 bottle at a time.

So if you need a nice facial cleanser, choose between this one or the gentle one depending on your needs. Specialized versions are also available such as the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin, 8-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3).

Enjoy!!!
on January 28, 2014
I've collected so much acne product in search of something that works for my skin type - combination skin, I'm oily around my nose, forehead, and chin, but dry everywhere else. This skin product didn't really improve my acne, but it didn't worsen it either. It may work for some people, but not for me.
on December 9, 2014
I'm sure this is preference, but I hated the way this product smelled, it was pretty potent and often made me gag in the shower while trying to wash my face. This soap doesn't lather up at all, so it was almost hard to tell if you had enough in your hand. I thought it did a decent job cleaning, but nothing spectacular and not great enough to deal with the smell of it.
on December 12, 2014
I was honestly expecting a bit more when I ordered this product, based on all the high reviews. I have oily skin and tend to get very oily on my chin, forehead, and (especially) my nose; I usually don't get pimples. I wash my face morning and night, and every time I wash it, I also use toner and face moisturizer to follow (I've been using this technique for months with great results). I wasn't crazy about the texture of the product, as it didn't lather, but I was willing to overlook it because of all the good things I've heard. As soon as I washed my face with it, however, I noticed my skin felt very dry in some places and slightly oily to the touch on my forehead and chin, which never happened with any other face soaps I've used in the past (and yes, I did rinse my face completely). My face just felt greasy and nowhere near clean/refreshed.

After a few weeks of using it, however, hoping that my skin just had to adjust, I began to get tiny red pimples, on random places on my face, places were I have never broken out before - under my eyes, my cheeks, forehead, etc. As you can guess, I was incredibly bewildered, as this was supposed to be an excellent face soap. I stopped using it immediately and went back on my old face wash, and my skin cleared right up. Not sure why my face had broken out in the first place, whether it was from me being stressed out or the effects of the cleanser, but it was a strange occurrence.

The $5 face soap I had bought from Walmart worked better than this, I think because it contained 2% salicylic acid, which shrunk my blackheads and left my skin feeling refreshed. Overall, although the label says "Normal to Oily Skin", if you have oily skin, I would stay away from this product and purchase something that has salicylic acid, because this really just wasn't doing it for me as a part of my skin care routine. Definitely unimpressed.
on November 19, 2014
Horrible. It HAS fragrance and the smell of it is in fact so strong that it is nauseating. It burns you if you have sensitive skin - was actually very painful until I washed it off and the skin was left very red and irritated, especially around my lips. It did not remove the makeup or dirt on first try. I had to try 3 times in order to wash off my bb cream. (had very little other makeup, no eye makeup or lipstick). I am very unsatisfied and will stick with gentle cleanser.
on April 29, 2016
The price of this item at the drug store has increased exponentially. I was so happy to find it here for such a reasonable price. It doesn't take much of this face wash to get every bit of my makeup off. My skin tends to be oily, but it can also be somewhat sensitive. This face wash does not irritate my skin or overly dry my skin whatsoever. The great thing is that this cleanser also gets all of my makeup off with no problem. I have been using this product for years and get compliments on my skin all the time.
on March 5, 2011
I have never found that perfect product that my skin jives well with. I read about cetaphil and most people talk about it like it is the 2nd coming of cleansers. Unfortunately this product caused my skin to burn and itch and break out very badly. After 3 days my nose feels like it has lizard scales and my chin and cheeks are a minefield of pimples. I have no idea how to fix the damage that this has caused. I used my regular product today and my skin still hurts.

What i'm saying is I am not sure this is for super sensitive skin.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2014
I bought this cleanser after i read so many great comments about it , but it was not like what i expect , i need to wash my face at least 3 times with it so i can remove the oil and makeup .
i don't hate it but i don't understand why every one like it !
on January 28, 2014
I find all the various reviews amusing. I think people forget that everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. I've been using this cleanser for years, based on my dermatologist's recommendation. I was battling serious acne well into my 30s, I'm now 38 and have it under control by doing exactly what my dermatologist recommends. At first I bought both cleansers, the Gentle Cleanser and the Daily Facial Cleanser. The Daily Facial Cleanser stung my face pretty badly (yes, that is this one), so I used the Gentle Cleanser instead. When I returned to my dermatologist, I still needed help. I asked if it made a different which one of these products I use, and she said ABSOLUTELY YES, only use the Daily Facial Cleanser if I want to control my acne. So, I switched and dealt with my face stinging terribly each time I washed my face (twice daily, but two times in a row when I was washing off make-up to get all the make-up residue off). It didn't take too long and my skin seemed to adjust and no more stinging. I think the problem was my skin, NOT the cleanser. The cleanser actually helped to HEAL that problem. Now it's been a few years and it's so gentle on my skin. My acne is very much controlled (of course I have a whole routine and other products in conjunction with this). People have mentioned an overwhelming scent.....I actually would have to go upstairs and smell it to even see if they're right! It's certainly NOT unpleasant, and like I said, I can't even tell you if it has a scent or not and I've been using it for 3 years! It definitely doesn't linger on your face or hands either. My face feels great using this twice daily. I don't rub it into my eyelids because it does dry out my eyelids, otherwise it doesn't dry out my face one bit. GREAT product.