Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 1, 2007
I use cetaphil and swear be all their products, but, this moisturizer contains "PARSOL", which causes in sensitve skin a really bad reaction.

I was so dissappointed, after using all the cetaphil products, this proved to be the worst..

I was told by my dermotologist, some people have allergic reactiions to "PARSOL", it is a protectiove product put in cetaphil for the sun.

THIS IS ONE CETAPHIL PRODUCT I HAD TO TOSS IN THE TRASH. RED, BURNING STINGING, ETC....

So foor all you sesnitive skin gals, beware of this ingredient.....
55 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My wife swears by this stuff. She uses it to keep her skin moist but not oily before applying makeup. It also keeps her skin from getting wind-burned by our chilly Chicago winters. I always think she looks fantastic regardless of what lotion she uses, but she says this one is the best, and I'll take her word for it.
on March 10, 2009
I went to the dermatologist for help with my very dry and very sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommended that I no longer exfoliate due to the sensitivity and try Cetaphil. I'd heard of it before but never wanted to try it.

So I've been using Cetaphil for only a week, and my skin is radiant! My pores are tiny, my t-zone is no longer flaking, I have no more random annoying whiteheads, and my face is absolutely glowing. Even my boyfriend has commented on my newly supple complexion!

The product also doesn't leave my skin looking/feeling oily later on, even in the morning after I wake up. Cetaphil feels very balanced and light while managing to be quite effective. I also like that it is fragrance free -- I do not need the added ingredient on my sensitive face.

I ~highly~ recommend this product if you're still looking for one that works. Wow, what a difference! :)

(For posterity's sake: I wash with just water in the morning, pat dry, and apply a pump to a pump and a half of the moisturizer to my face and neck. Skin does not feel tight with an adequate amount of moisturizer! In the evening, I use the facial cleanser, my Alba Hibiscus toner, and finish with the moisturizer.)
on May 12, 2009
I have facial melasma which is a super-sensitivity to sun caused by a hormonal imbalance. A dermatologist recommended the product to me, saying that it blocked both UVA and UVB rays. Most sunscreens only block one. I'm guessing that the sunscreen portion is what is causing problems for people with sensitive skin. I have only moderately sensitive skin and have had no problems. I have been using it every day for six years and love it. Even as an adult, I have oily skin, and this product does not cause me to break out. Best of all, it helps keep the brown splotches on my face under control.
on March 11, 2009
I recently switched to Cetaphil from Clinique's Dramatically Different lotion, and I will never go back! I am in my twenty's so my skin is beyond that awkward teen stage but not yet at the point where I am using any thing to stop or lessen wrinkles. Since the switch, my pores don't feel as clogged, I hardly ever break out, and the SPF is in the lotion so I don't even have to think about if my face is protected from the sun! Plus it's more affordable! And in this economy getting a great product at a great price is crucial!
on March 4, 2011
Okay. I'm not sure if it's just me, but why would anyone create a face lotion that makes your eyeballs feel like they've been to the fiery Pits of Mordor and back? I know the label specifically states not to use around the eye, but I think most people who buy face lotion expect to apply liberally to the face. Anyways, I expected more out of Cetaphil. I've tried a variety of their other products and have been very satisfied with them (ie. Cleansing bar, and other lotions and cremes). But this bottle of Mount Doom Lava, I cannot recommend.
on June 14, 2009
I have sensitive skin. And there have been so many products that claim to not block pores and actually do.
This has been the best so far in actually doing what it claims to do.
on April 27, 2009
I've used Cetaphil cleansers with no problem before, but this product is a huge disappointment. It stings my skin when applied (and I don't have sensitive skin), it smells of bug spray and by the end of the day it had somehow crept into my eyes, making them burn and water. Not to mention the fact that it made my oily skin even oilier (surprising, given that it does feel pretty light). Would not recommend this to anyone!
on January 24, 2013
I love this face moisturizer. It moisturizes dry skin without exacerbating issues with oily skin, and even protects you from the sun! Works well under makeup. A+.
on December 22, 2014
I have used other Cetaphil products before and was very happy with them. My skin is not too sensitive but this made my face(especially my eyes) feel like they were on fire! I excepted more our of Cetaphil.