Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$4.99+ $3.99 shipping

on November 8, 2000
soilwork sounds like at the gates, a very awesome but now defunct, metal band. all nine songs on this album sound as if soilwork is trying to talk at the gates into coming back.at the gates is 3/5ths back as the haunted, if you remember
on April 21, 2003
Natural born chaos is much better than this album. NBC has much more clear and understandable lyrics as you listen, but for this one you have to pick a book of lyrics and read as you listen. i recommend NBC and Predator's Portrait.
on January 23, 2001
i love this cd. It's got great melodies and keeps that evil sound that In flames tends to lose. The only problem with this cd is that sometimes the riffing and singing and drumming get a little too fast and begin to lose it's melodic content and becomes almost incoherent. This is just personal preference (a lot of people like this kind of stuff) but i also think the singer could let up a bit on the death vocals. I'm not saying they should put more clean vocals in, but a little less heavy would be good. I like sevendust's singer a lot and it suits the music still. I don't know if it would suit THIS music, but singing can be gruffy but still sing. I need to be able to make out the words a little better, and more not variation from the singer. He doesn't excede the range of like 3 notes, or maybe i'm just not paying attention when he does. Nt that this cd is bad... I spent most of this review criticizing, but it is actually a good cd. It's just easier to label the bad points because there's too many good ones. All in all, recommended for any fans of heavy and fast metal, and even power metal or prog metal. i like every style of metal and guitar, so maybe not prog metal fans, but i think everyone should listen to every kind of metal, not just their favoirite kind. if anyone is looking for a good sample, i believe the title song is the best on the album. It rocks!
on October 7, 2000
and these are not unfortunely. Even the guitarwork isn't that great. Nothing seems to be connected. Not the drum, not the vocals, not the guitars. There's promise here. GIve them another album or so and we'll see what they can churn out.
on August 13, 2000
And hear we are again. An At the Gates copy going by the name Soilwork. I ordered this Cd because I heard that if you like At the Gates and In Flames, you will like Soilwork, so I got it. After my initial listen, I was thinking to myself, what the hell was that? I couldn't tell when one song ended and the next began. Don't get me wrong, the band is brutal, fast, and at times melodic, and it's not bad to listen to, but you can't just sit back and listen to it. No, you have to concentrate when listening because, unlike At the Gates, Children of Bodom, or even In Flames, this is just simply put...a wall of indecipherable noise. If that's what you like, more power to ya, get the album. If not, stick with the aforementioned bands, plus Amorphis.
Maybe Im just close minded, but I almost didn't make it through the album. The band has a keyboardist, yet I rarely if at all heard any keyboards being played. He may as well not even be in the band. Whereas, Children of Bodom use their keyboardist very well, as did Amorphis in their Tales..., Elegy days. Soilwork should definitely take tips.
A tip to Soilwork- Please quit trying to be like At the Gates, you insult me by persuading me to by this album, which is my fault I admit. But most of all, you insult At the Gates, R.I.P. At the Gates= Untouchable Legends Soilwork= Here today, gone tomorrow. An everyday listen. Very average.
on August 30, 2004
jeeze. i had bout a predators portrait recently, and was thouroughly impressed with it. the melodic heaviness was superb, and every band member was playing beautifully. so, expecting more of this, i bought this album today. the second the guitars came in, i thought to myself, "what?" they were not NEARLY as technical as predators p., and the rhythms were seriously bland. THEN the vocalist came in. he screeched and squeeled like a pig and was absolutely awful. now, this IS the cd that came out BEFORE predators p., so at least they didnt transform that wonderful albums' sound into THIS. seriously, do NOT buy this album before listening to it. BIG MISTAKE