Initial post: Sep 29, 2009 7:12:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2009 6:23:38 PM PDT
My awesome friend nicknamed Tigger sent me this from a local radio show:

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/weekends/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10052333

New link: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602586

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 6:06:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 1, 2009 6:23:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 22, 2009 9:00:11 PM PST
Metallica are a bunch of @ssholes. Hetfield once made fun of Layne Staley on stage. The band played part of Man in the Box while Hetfield motioned as if he was shooting up. The audience threw things at them and then Hetfield went on to question why they were throwing things at him. And Lars? No one needs an explanation of why he's an @sshole.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2009 8:59:00 PM PST
And your proof of this is where?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2009 5:21:39 PM PST
K. Glass says:
Metallica and AIC were good buddies. They even showed up to their MTV Unplugged session to show support.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2009 3:33:40 PM PST
You obviously have no clue as to the relationship between Metallica and many other bands! If James did what you say and I have a hard time believing it as I have seen them live more than I can count all the way back to the days when Ron McGoveny played bass and Mustaine lead guitar, but as I was saying if this happened it was in jest and I'm sure AIC was already aware of what they were gonna do and was fine with it. Metallica has a notorious rep for doing crazy and funny things on stage to get a laugh from the crowd. And at a Metallica show you find the die hard Metallica fans that wouldn't care what they did, they would still go crazy! As much of an AIC fan I am, I'd be fine with anything Metallica does since Metallica is by far the greatest Metal band ever! Look at how many bands came to fruition due to Metallica's who cares attitude! Go back and look at the different bands of that era and listen closely to the influence in their sound of Metallica! As far as those bands including AIC you'll find that Metallica was very good friends with alot of them. Metallica even mended their riff with Dave Mustaine and they became great friends again as seen in tour when they played together (Metallica and Megadeth)! That show in Philly was the best show ever! And Lars being an @$$hole is your opinion as you are entitled, but not many rock superstars have given as much to charity as he has, so yes you do need to explain why he is an @$$hole! Lars, James, Jason, and Kirk mingled with their fans pre and post show when they did the free show in Philly and showed they were with their fans in the same love of the era and music. Jason exitting was sad almost as sad as the untimely death of Cliff, but as they have shown they are resiliant and do care about their fans and do care about the other artists in the music industry even if the artists are sometime in a different classification as them. They have given alot of local bands opportunity to open shows for them in various city's. AIC was a great band, not so much without Staley, but deserving of the Rock and Roll HOF, but they in no way compare to Metallica as there aren't any bands of that genre that compare or even hold a candle to them. Metallica paved the way for many bands by their style to mention a couple, Nirvana, AIC, Metal Church, Anthrax, and many others. So if you don't like Metallica that is fine, but at least get your facts straight before making a comment that is not only false, but biased from your point of view. In my opinion Metallica and Kiss are the two bands that made huge changes to pave the way for others and since they did we have all the other bands that we love to listen to and to go see live. Metallica will always be a catalyst for great music and still continues to entertain their fans all over the world. Metallica has always been about doing their thing and giving their fans a great show and they don't appear to be letting up anytime soon! Go Metallica and best of luck to the new AIC sound!

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 7:30:12 PM PST
Um, yeah, metallica and AIC are friends and I doubt Hetfield would do anything to disrespect them. I could say more, but what's the point some people are just stupid...

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 3:21:02 PM PST
I'm a fan of both Metallica and AIC but Hetfield did indeed mocjk Stayley's drug habit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYnSEZKcVw

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2009 8:25:20 AM PST
Yes, he did mock him and Stayley knew about it prior to it occurring. They are/were very good friends and Stayley used to poke fun at James as well!

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 7:38:37 PM PST
R. E. Bowers says:
Get A life a#$holes!! who cares???
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Black Gives Way To Blue
Black Gives Way To Blue by Alice In Chains (Audio CD - 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (366)