Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Over the years, Chamberlain and Liftmaster have incorporated a number of different technologies into their garage door openers. When you wanted to get a keypad remote like this one, you had to be sure to purchase a keypad that used the correct technology.

No more. This keypad remote supports all of the technologies that Chamberlain and LiftMaster have used in the past. Here's how it figures out which technology your opener uses: When you program it, you set the code and press ENTER. If it doesn't work, you press ENTER again, and it tries a different method. When it finally works, you press 0 to lock in the method that works.

Finally, because Chamberlain and LiftMaster are the same company, this will work with any LifeMaster opener as well.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2014
I have had the remote keypad over a year and it's been great, working as described for programming and operation. EXCEPT yesterday we found that you can open the garage door by simply pressing the "ENTER" button, with no codes or other buttons. IF you enter the correct code and ENTER, the door works just as you expect. IF you enter the incorrect code and press ENTER, the door does NOT open. But if you WAIT a while after entering an incorrect code, OR just RANDOMLY walk up to the remote and simply PRESS the ENTER button by itself, the garage door WILL OPEN - NO CODE NEEDED and NO HOME SECURITY. I called Technical Support and re-programmed it as they suggested, and it still malfunctions this way. I will probably replace it and hope for the best because I do like it. I have no clue HOW LONG this operating defect has existed, but my house was accessible for a while now unbeknownst to me. WARNING - Please check the proper operation of your keypad by pushing only the ENTER button with no codes and make sure you do NOT have this design or circuit failure flaw.
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2015
Programming was simple - followed others advice, and programmed straight from the instructions on the keypad.

Immediately found out that you could open the garage door, simply by pressing Enter on the unit, regardless if a PIN was entered. A call to tech support quickly solved the problem: pressing 9 and 1 together for 10 seconds will toggle the "1-button open" feature, which, by default, is supposed to be in the off position from the factory.

Works as it should, but you should make sure you can't open the door by simply pressing ENTER.
on June 9, 2013
Chamberlain 940EV Garage Keyless Entry Remote was great. USE the short instructions on the unit itself, NOT the enclosed instructions. Doing the LEARN procedures on the provided sheet did not work properly, causing my car/handheld remotes to lose their connection. It was easy to reprogram, but would not have been necessary if the Garage Keyless Entry remote instructions were correct, namely you may need to press the ENTER key several times until the light blinks on the motor unit, then press "0" (zero) to complete programming.
on February 18, 2015
Okay I purchased the Chamberlain 940EV wireless remote and could not get it programmed to save my life. I followed the instruction manual to the letter with no positive results whatsoever. Nonetheless, I ended up sending the unit back for a replacement, which I received a week or two later. To make a long story short. The instruction manual is partly to blame (press enter and wait for the light to blink). You must continue to press "enter" over and over unit the bulb blinks. If you wait for the wirelesss remote to stop blinking before you press "enter" again, you will not have good results. I read about this little trick in the reviews and wanted to pass this information on to those who are having issues programming their 940EV wireless remote. This works great for chamberlain openers with the "orange dot". GOOD LUCK!!!
on February 4, 2014
works great, but the programing instructions are terrible.. it should say " hold the " * and #" until the unit stops flashing AND IS NO LONGER ILLUMINATED... The omission of the AND IS NO LONGER ILLUMINATED, will cause you lots of frustration
on May 31, 2015
The good news - it doesn't wipe out your other remotes. Follow the directions on the inside of the keypad and all will be well. I didn't have to re-program anything.

The downside - the buttons. The "touch" is squishy and there's little/no feedback if/when you enter a wrong code. A beep would help. My wife thought the opener didn't work, when what probably happened was that she only pressed three of the four buttons hard enough to make a connection
on June 22, 2015
Very nice product. Some reviewers are complaining saying that you can open the door by just pressing the enter button. It does seem to have some programming in place, that allows enter-button-only operation for a certain number of seconds after operating (maybe 30 seconds?). This is probably a safety feature, I am not sure.

Regardless, there are two settings you can select: open with code, or open with ENTER button. I use the code and I suggest you do too unless you are the only people on an island.

It took a few tries to program but I think that's because I was not fully pressing the LEARN button on my opener. (It's kind of high and hard to stand on tip toes.)

By the way, if you also buy a $50 gateway, you can control your door with your phone, from anywhere in the world. You might say, "who cares"...but that way, you can always know if you forgot to close it when you are on a plane bound for another country (for all you ocd types out there). Plus, you can let the cleaning lady in through the garage, just by tapping your phone. I think that's pretty cool. (http://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-CIGBU-MYQ-Internet-Gateway/dp/B00B7CDSQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435018297&sr=8-1&keywords=chamberlain+gateway)
on September 30, 2015
I have a 2 door garage and the one that gets most of the use finally did my old Chamberlin key pad in (ten years old). We had no problems following the instructions. For some reason we had to program the pad 3 or 4 times before it took. I have no idea why. We followed the instructions to the letter. Note that you will then have to bring your remotes from inside the car into the garage to reset them as well.

Putting the key pad on the wall is easy once you figure out how to take the old one off. If you are taking off an old Chamberlin keypad, take off the battery cover and remove the (barely visible) screw there. The second screw fits into a hole in the unit so just tap the old unit upwards and it will come off that screw. You can use that second screw as is -- the new unit should fit right over it. Then you just have to screw in the second screw in the battery compartment.

Someone grumped that the plastic felt cheap. It did not to me. It seemed similar to the old one in build quality.
on March 12, 2016
I bought this to replace a broken older model. It is a universal keypad that work ok with older garage opener frequency. But the printed instruction has the incorrect sequence in programming. Go to YouTube to find the correct instruction in video.