5.0 out of 5 stars Good for tall men
Published on December 9, 2012 by S. Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars I am 6' 5" with a 36 inch waist and like to have the shorts slightly below my knee
The reviews I read about these shorts before I purchased them were very promising. The shorts seemed to be just what I was looking for. I am 6' 5" with a 36 inch waist and like to have the shorts slightly below my knee, so with the reviews that I saw about these being long, I decided to go for it. I purchased XXL and the waist was just about right...slightly small...
Published 3 months ago by AmazonShopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for tall men, December 9, 2012
My son and I looked everywhere for shorts that would fit him -- these days I guess shorts are supposed to be long on boys/men. With him being 6'2" and quite slim, it was difficult to find any that were slender enough around the waist and still long enough. We found these at Sports Authority but they only had one color, so we came here and bought them in multiple colors. They have a tie at the waist, a nice deep pocket and are very comfortable. My son wore one of these pairs of shorts almost every day last summer. Highly recommend.

Update: We bought these (in size medium) when my son had a 29" waist, and they probably would have still fit even if he'd been a bit slimmer. He is now at just under 31" and they still fit, although he couldn't get too much bigger. I saw another post by a man who has a 38" waist who said the large was too small. Therefore I would recommend a large for anything at or over approximately a 32-33" waist, depending on how tight you like your shorts. My son has never had to use the drawstring; they have always stayed up with just the elastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit well, thin fabric, good shorts, April 20, 2014
This review is from: Champion Men's Crossover Short (Apparel)
I bought these to replace some basketball shorts I had that have been worn out. I got the black in large and I'm a 5'9", 190 male with a 36-ish inch waist.
Pros
1. Light fabric. Some basketball shorts feel like they have a whole different pair of shorts sewn into the first pair of shorts. These do not have that problem. They're light, airy, and the fabric is comfortable (after a couple of washes, it really hits that sweet spot for basketball shorts).
2. I usually go between a Large and an XL depending on the maker (same with waist size, usually between a 38 and a 36 depending on the maker). After reading the reviews I went with the large. They fit me just fine around the waist and go about 1.5 inches below my knee. Perfect fit and length for my age and style.
3. The pattern looks nice. It's not just the standard "fabric with holes" but there's actually a discernible patter. If you're on desktop and zoom into the picture you can see it but it's a little hard on mobile (I missed it entirely when ordering).
4. Cheap. There are shorts on here going for $40-$50 and these went for $11 (Large, Black). Couldn't ask for more out of an $11 pair of shorts.

Cons
1. We'll have to see about durability. I update my reviews when things go wrong so if you still see this as 5 stars then nothing has gone wrong yet. That said the fabric is thin and airy which means it's probably also easily ripped or will get torn up by the washer/dryer eventually.

My best advice (if you're ordering these shorts) is to either order your size or a size above (depending on how loose and baggy you like your shorts). I'm an in-betweener (between Large and Extra Large) and after washing the shorts they did shrink a little bit but not enough to make them too tight or not long enough. For $11, it's a solid pair of shorts. I'd recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great shorts, June 2, 2012
I love the pin-stripe design. I just bought a second pair in Navy, my first pair was grey. I wear them for basketball and tennis and they are my favorite pairs right now. Perfect length for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was worried, but they turned out great., February 6, 2013
This review is from: Champion Men's Crossover Short (Apparel)
I was wary of buying workout shorts sight unseen, and my skepticism was initially vindicated when the shorts arrived. When I first took them out of the package they seemed HUGE, they were easily 6 inches below my knee (I'm 6'2"), which would be unacceptable for me to wear in public. HOWEVER, after their first wash and dry they shrunk down to the perfect size, the length and waist turned out great. This was with size XL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, December 5, 2013
Amazing shorts for the price. The fit is true. I wear a size 32" and a medium was perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of shorts, October 19, 2013
The shorts are light weight and have a thick waist band I like very much. Comfortable and the fit and quality is perfect. The length is just below the knee and that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll be buying more of them !

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these shorts!, February 28, 2013
These shorts fit very well. They hit my son's knees, which is a length he loves in athletic shorts; the drawstring waist and side pockets are a plus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, December 4, 2013
These very well may be one of the best pairs of shorts I have ever purchased. Plenty of room, comfortable material and fits the waste perfectly and I don't even have to tie them and they stay put. Have bought three pairs. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Athletic shorts are all he wears - he says these are perfect. Not too long, July 13, 2014
Thinks2Much2 "christinan72" (Chicago Suburb IL United States) - See all my reviews
Bought a couple of different brands for my son in high school. Athletic shorts are all he wears - he says these are perfect. Not too long, not too short, not too baggy, not too warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, March 8, 2014
They are shorts...they keep my butt covered in the gym. Dont fall off, dont slide down to show my buttcrack.

Champion Men's Crossover Short