Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on December 9, 2012
My son and I looked everywhere for shorts that would fit him -- these days I guess shorts are supposed to be long on boys/men. With him being 6'2" and quite slim, it was difficult to find any that were slender enough around the waist and still long enough. We found these at Sports Authority but they only had one color, so we came here and bought them in multiple colors. They have a tie at the waist, a nice deep pocket and are very comfortable. My son wore one of these pairs of shorts almost every day last summer. Highly recommend.

Update: We bought these (in size medium) when my son had a 29" waist, and they probably would have still fit even if he'd been a bit slimmer. He is now at just under 31" and they still fit, although he couldn't get too much bigger. I saw another post by a man who has a 38" waist who said the large was too small. Therefore I would recommend a large for anything at or over approximately a 32-33" waist, depending on how tight you like your shorts. My son has never had to use the drawstring; they have always stayed up with just the elastic.
22 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2014
I bought these to replace some basketball shorts I had that have been worn out. I got the black in large and I'm a 5'9", 190 male with a 36-ish inch waist.
Pros
1. Light fabric. Some basketball shorts feel like they have a whole different pair of shorts sewn into the first pair of shorts. These do not have that problem. They're light, airy, and the fabric is comfortable (after a couple of washes, it really hits that sweet spot for basketball shorts).
2. I usually go between a Large and an XL depending on the maker (same with waist size, usually between a 38 and a 36 depending on the maker). After reading the reviews I went with the large. They fit me just fine around the waist and go about 1.5 inches below my knee. Perfect fit and length for my age and style.
3. The pattern looks nice. It's not just the standard "fabric with holes" but there's actually a discernible patter. If you're on desktop and zoom into the picture you can see it but it's a little hard on mobile (I missed it entirely when ordering).
4. Cheap. There are shorts on here going for $40-$50 and these went for $11 (Large, Black). Couldn't ask for more out of an $11 pair of shorts.

Cons
1. We'll have to see about durability. I update my reviews when things go wrong so if you still see this as 5 stars then nothing has gone wrong yet. That said the fabric is thin and airy which means it's probably also easily ripped or will get torn up by the washer/dryer eventually.

My best advice (if you're ordering these shorts) is to either order your size or a size above (depending on how loose and baggy you like your shorts). I'm an in-betweener (between Large and Extra Large) and after washing the shorts they did shrink a little bit but not enough to make them too tight or not long enough. For $11, it's a solid pair of shorts. I'd recommend them.
on June 2, 2012
I love the pin-stripe design. I just bought a second pair in Navy, my first pair was grey. I wear them for basketball and tennis and they are my favorite pairs right now. Perfect length for me.
on February 6, 2013
I was wary of buying workout shorts sight unseen, and my skepticism was initially vindicated when the shorts arrived. When I first took them out of the package they seemed HUGE, they were easily 6 inches below my knee (I'm 6'2"), which would be unacceptable for me to wear in public. HOWEVER, after their first wash and dry they shrunk down to the perfect size, the length and waist turned out great. This was with size XL.
on December 4, 2013
These very well may be one of the best pairs of shorts I have ever purchased. Plenty of room, comfortable material and fits the waste perfectly and I don't even have to tie them and they stay put. Have bought three pairs. Recommended!
on October 19, 2013
The shorts are light weight and have a thick waist band I like very much. Comfortable and the fit and quality is perfect. The length is just below the knee and that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll be buying more of them !
on May 1, 2015
Held the shorts up to my bright bathroom lights. A little light passes through but not much. Tried these on with white boxers and i could not see through Marion I. Hope this helps!
review image
on March 18, 2016
These are very nice shorts. You can't really tell in the photo, but there's actually somewhat of a checkered or diamond pattern on them. My husband is 6ft about 205lb and he got the xl. He says the fit around the waist was good, but they were a little longer than expected hitting below the top of the calf. He still likes them and says he would still go with the xl and would recommend.
on February 28, 2013
These shorts fit very well. They hit my son's knees, which is a length he loves in athletic shorts; the drawstring waist and side pockets are a plus!
on April 19, 2016
I was surprised with the comfortable and high quality of this short. I bought two, one Large and another Medium, because my size is there between them and since I live overseas far away from the US, I opted to get two because of their affordable price and high positive rating.
The shorts did not fail the expectations and even exceeded them.
They are a little larger than expected but because of the rubber tightener at the waist, they can be tightened up without feeling too tight.
The material is as comfortable as silk. An incredibly great feeling when you wear them.
One thing I didn't like is that they are very wide from below and expose your entire leg if lifted, but I guess I'm not doing that very often.
A great product for the value in my opinion and I would definitely recommend them.
They win my 5-star rating hands up!