5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite pair of shorts
These shorts are in my mind the perfect athletic shorts. Here are the reasons why.

1) They are cool in temperature -- I live in 100 degree muggy heat, and these are cool like you aren't wearing them
2) The material is stretchy so they never ever feel constricting whether running, doing yoga, or working on gym equipment.
3) Long enough to wear boxers...
Published on June 20, 2012 by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Shorts, Inspect First
Howdy,

So I took a plunge with these shorts, it is rare for me to purchase clothes online, but I decided to try it. I'm a relentless quality checker, and these shorts are quality. They don't snag as quick as others, the pockets are deep and well constructed. Most of the seams are good, and the construction should last 3-4 summers and many games...
Published on September 17, 2012 by Luke

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite pair of shorts, June 20, 2012
Adam (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Men's Intent Short (Apparel)

3) Long enough to wear boxers with but don't get in the way if you really want to go play a competitive sport
4) There is no noise when you move or sprint.
5) Waistband is incredibly comfortable, stretchy, soft, and secure.
6) Drawstring is very well executed. It works well
7) AWESOME POCKETS! Seriously, you can fit keys in one and cell phone in the other and they don't feel pressed against you.
8) Durable. I have been wearing them 2x per week for 6 months. They still look new and don't stink.

In short, these shorts are as comfortable as a great pair of boxers with excellent utility and durability. Buy three pair and never look back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, quick drying polyester blend shorts, February 5, 2013
S. F. "meefirst" (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Men's Intent Short (Apparel)
When it comes to workout gear, a lot of times it is very subjective, and personal preference plays a big part in what a person is comfortable with. Recently, I've discovered that I prefer polyester blend clothing over cotton, mostly because they tend to dry faster and do not soak in moisture like cotton does (still prefer a cotton polo over a polyester one). That being the case, I have really only one main criteria for my choice in polyester workout shorts, and that is it has to have pockets. I just really need some place to keep my keys. Simple request, but I can't count the number of times I've purchased shorts that LOOK like they have pockets only to find out they just have funky looking seams.
Meeting that one requirement, I do have a few personal preferences in shorts. I like them to be light weight, mostly for comfort. I don't like short shorts or long shorts (a few inches above the knee or at the longest, at the knee). If it has a little added color mixed in with the base color, cool (not too much to be loud, maybe just a little something at the seams so it's not totally boring). And a simple drawstring to tighten the shorts with (it's kind of hard to explain with just words, but this pair has an interesting drawstring setup, where you don't have to loop the string through itself before you tie it into a bow. The ends of the string are already threaded through opposite openings for you. The first time I wore these shorts, I didn't realize this, and basically knotted it up trying to tie it. Now I wonder why more companies don't do this).
One other thing that is kind of nice is that I keep a small emergency workout bag in my car, with shoes, socks, shirt, shorts, towel, etc. These shorts rolls up really tight, so it saves me a little space (I know, how much space does it actually save, right? Enough to make me appreciate the fact that I can zip up the small bag with all that stuff in it).
As far as fit goes, it is pretty standard, with a medium fitting my 32" waist (of course I still need to use the drawstring to keep my pants up when I have keys/phone/wallet/etc. in the pockets).
It basically meets all of my requirements and personal preference in a pair of shorts, and with the added extra of the drawstring setup, I think I actually like these shorts better than all of my other shorts, even my other styles of Champion shorts. You probably won't get any compliments on them (they're shorts), but they're comfortable, functional, not ugly, have pockets, dry fast and won't soak up a whole lot of moisture while you're doing cardio, and the drawstring setup is darn nifty. 5 out of 5 for meeting everything I need/want in workout shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Shorts, June 3, 2011
This review is from: Champion Men's Intent Short (Apparel)
Good shorts use them for running.
Nothing really to complain about them they are comfortable
and are pretty basic.
I give them five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Shorts!, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Champion Men's Intent Short (Apparel)
Hate buying clothing online, but I was not disappointed with these shorts. I love them! They fit perfectly. The material is comfortable and washes easily. Would definitely order again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price., August 14, 2012
Trying to find shorts(mostly just plain pocketed one solid color shorts)is getting harder.Even though I was looking for one color shorts the price of these were great enough to purchase them and they are very nice.They are very comfortable and the fast dry material is great they run close to size but have some stretch(I think the material has more give)so again more comfort for you.The trim color is subtle and really looks good.They run above the knee an inch with the large size and I'm 5'9".I would buy these again when I need some but right now I have stocked up so it'll be awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and comfortability for a good price, February 27, 2013
These shorts are very comfortable to jog in, do a good job helping stay cool, and feel like they're made out of a good quality material. They also have a couple handy pockets incase you need to carry a few small/light objects after your workout (car keys, temporarily for your cell phone). Just remember things might fall out of the pockets easily. For the price, they're an excellent choice for any activity where you'll be moving around a bit.

Just for reference: I wear a men's 33-34 pant size, and the Medium size fits perfectly: Lightly snug without tying the drawstring, and plenty of leeway for tightness adjustment with the drawstring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Heavy..., December 1, 2011
I like these shorts for the gym and doing stuff around the house, but they feel kinda heavy for use while running or playing sports. They are comfortable and well made, just not my ideal "action" short.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shorts, November 9, 2012
5'10, 205lbs, on the chubby side and the xl fit great, i might have even been able to go for a large.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality at low prices, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Champion Men's Intent Short (Apparel)
These are outstanding shorts. First, these fit well and aren't too baggy, and have strong structural support. But these aren't quite as good as my $50+ Nike shorts. But then again, these are less than half the cost and they are a big bargain in my opinion.

It is made of polyester and will wick moisture very well. The waist band holds the pants well even without using the enclosure strings.

I highly recommend these

Pros:
1)Fits well. Not too baggy and not too tight.
2)Wicks moisture nicely and doesn't soak sweat.
3)Retains it colors when washed (unlike cotton).

Cons:
1)Not as robust as more expensive shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect all-around athletic shorts, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Champion Men's Intent Short (Apparel)
I was looking for shorts I could use for a variety of activities. These fit the bill perfectly. They are very comfortable, fit great (size small, ~145lbs 5'5", normally wear size 30), and feel right at home playing ultimate, squash, cycling, etc. The pockets are plenty large too.

I went ahead and bought a second pair as I was using the first so much.

Champion Men's Intent Short