5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value
So, I ordered these in my quest to find compression shorts at a more reasonable price than Under Armour's. First, the basics. The shorts arrived on the day they were supposed to and the packaging was just fine. Zero complaints in this area.

Now, onto more relevant stuff:

Fit/Comfort:

These shorts fit great. I have a 36" waist and am...
Published 15 months ago by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Who sizes these?
Published 8 months ago by Jared

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, April 23, 2013

Now, onto more relevant stuff:

Fit/Comfort:

These shorts fit great. I have a 36" waist and am 6'3" tall. I ordered the large and have found the fit to be very comfortable. They fit as well as the Under Armour shorts I have and may actually be a little bit more comfortable. So far I have worn these working out and I have worn these under my clothes at work, and I am very happy with their overall feel, fit, and comfort.

Quality:

Quality has been good so far. The seams seem strong and the overall build of these shorts seems well done. These shorts are a little thinner than the UA shorts, but I'm not sure that isn't due to a material difference. Either way, they don't seem thinner in a bad way, just thinner. They don't bunch up anywhere and so far I like the way they feel when wearing them. In general, the quality of these shorts seems high. In all fairness though, I haven't had them that long and time will be the real test.

Value:

So far, the value on these is very high for me. Half the cost of UA and the quality seems to be close to, if not equal to, that of Under Armour. I wear this type of short working out and I wear this type of short under my work uniform and I have zero complaints so far. Assuming these hold up in the quality department, the value will only go up in my mind. I have no doubt I will be ordering more of these shorts and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good compression short who doesn't want to be the premium price for the UA label.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Short, March 25, 2013
I wear compression shorts to prevent chaffing while running long distances. When I compared these shorts side by side with my existing compression shorts I was a little concerned because these are about three inches shorter. I wore these compression shorts on a run and had no problems so it seems they are long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, February 28, 2013
im a size 30 i bought a size small and it fit perfectly. I bought 2 of these. A black a grey one and the grey and black one.Very comfortable pair of shorts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as more expensive ones, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Champion Men's Compression Short (Apparel)
I wear comp. shorts for sweat management, to avoid the stickiness and especially the chafing when running long distance.
These fit nicely (i bought medium, my usual size), and while not exactly compressing, they don't ride up.

BUT I don't agree with reviewers who find these to be as comfortable as higher priced shorts.
I've always found the material to be somewhat itchy and not as comfortable as cotton boxers (when not running) and I recently bought some UA ones (found them on sale at the same price as Champions) and they (the UAs) feel definitely more comfortable when you first wear them (before sweating).
The sweat wicking properties of these Champions are not on a par with UAs either, you can definitely tell the difference over 10 miles, in NY spring/summer.

Then again, unless I find other deals, I'll be buying more of these Champions in the future, since they provide a a decent running experience (for shorter training runs) at an unbeatable price. But if you're free of budget constraints (unlike me), don't be hesitant to try other brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money these are a deal, May 20, 2013
I'm use to buying the Nike Combat shorts, which usually run about $25 a pair. These are of similar cut and weight. The stitching doesn't look as good as the Nike Combat shorts, but I doubt they'll rip anytime soon and I'll get my money's worth out of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, June 23, 2013
Love these compression shorts. The price was half of that of under armor and I'm glad I got them. I use to exercise in boxers, no support what so ever. With these compression shorts, I have all the support I need for a great workout.

3.0 out of 5 stars Who sizes these?, November 8, 2013
I am not a very small man, 36-38in waist and pretty big thighs. I own a pair of Under Armour compression shorts in Size XL and they fit great, even a little loose. I ordered many pairs of these and when they arrived I tried them on. I don't think I've ever even tried on anything that small, ever. The waist fits ok but the leg cutouts are extremely small - un usable small.

The Bottom line: If your thighs are small or medium-small, give it a shot. Otherwise, stay away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the shorts, January 22, 2014
Not much to say, other than they fit comfortably and the workmanship seems to be decent quality. No loose threads or open seams. I think they are a little large for me, but not by much, and there's nothing you can do when you are between sizes - except add weight I suppose. I have a 31 waist and bought mediums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 17, 2014
I didn't really know what to expect but they seem like pretty nice compression shorts for the money. They are not restricting at all and they don't compress too tight to make them uncomfortable so I'd say they are just right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compression shorts for the money. Cheap and well made. Id buy again., January 10, 2014
Kind of tight at the bottom of the opening, but get the job done. Good compression shorts for the money. Cheap and well made. Id buy again.

Champion Men's Compression Short